[STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers CAPTIVATE ONLY

Search This thread

jtoyz2

Oct 26, 2007
My only question for this is:

What is your Batch Number?

ME <----coming straight from experience (unfortunate Brick on my phone) :(

You sound like you are stuck on Recovery/ Download. You are in a much better spot than the post i quoted above you. Just as Opcow said, i would use this link:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=818439

to flash to stock 2.1. DO NOT USE the ODIN One click!!! If you do, and lets say you unfortunately brick your phone ("what if") then you will end up like the guy above with "phone ! pc" screen.

Good Luck

EDIT: @ linggo: btw....if your Batch Number is 1008, then the only way is to either take it back to At&t (hope for a miracle) or send it in to Samsung (takes 3-5 business days).

Batch Number:

1) remove back cover
2) remove battery
3) look under Serial Number/ you will see your batch # (ex: 1006/ 1007/ 1008/ 1009)
I have a question regarding the pit.pit file where does that need to go. thanks for your help

spartan062984

Oct 8, 2010
I have a question regarding the pit.pit file where does that need to go. thanks for your help

There's no need for the Pit file friend. Remember, this is Odin One Click... its as easy clicking either "start" or "master clear".

That is why i wanted to point out the fact that Sebring 5's comment was Invalid. No offense. His post is correct, just not the right version of Odin. :D

goojman

Aug 14, 2010
northford,ct
I wanna say a BIG THANKYOU to XDA & DG for helping me unbrick my Cappy today!!! I was just ready to mail my bricked phone to AT&T when I used ODIN for the last time & BAM, I got to the download screen & ODIN did it's work!!Now I have 2 Cappys & have to send one back. but you guys saved me from possibly having my warranty voided since I modded out my phone prior to bricking it..you guys @ XDA & DG will be getting some beer money real soon. THANX AGAIN!!:D:)

Geoff423

Oct 31, 2010
How long for the downloading screen?

I wanted to flash back to stock so that I can install cognition, so I went with the 1 click Odin to master clear and then reset, and I'm stuck at the yellow downloading screen on my phone. I know it says it takes "a while" but it's been an hour.

Anyone have a more accurate time table then "a while?"

NW, figured it out. Worked great, thanks!

Last edited:

opcow

Oct 14, 2010
Ice Station Zebra
I wanted to flash back to stock so that I can install cognition, so I went with the 1 click Odin to master clear and then reset, and I'm stuck at the yellow downloading screen on my phone. I know it says it takes "a while" but it's been an hour.

Anyone have a more accurate time table then "a while?"

Way, way less than an hour. There is a blue progress bar on on the download mode screen. If you don't see it after 30 seconds then something is wrong.

Rhiannon224

Aug 11, 2010
FL
Hi guys,

I have windows 7 64bit

my phone stays in download mode/recovery mode. I power it down turn it on it goes straight into download mode.

i plug it in odin recognize it COM 3

when i hit start or master reset its just say

analysing file....

or master reset...

and does nothing else. i left it like that over night and nothing change. I installed the correct drivers and everything.

Can you guess lend me some help. Thanks advance.

Odin needs to be running before you plug in the phone and put it in download mode not recovery mode, they are 2 different modes. Also you may need to run Odin as administrator with 64 bit system.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

08GMC4x4

Nov 1, 2010
Stock OS 2.1 ODIN

Newbee- here quick question. I download 2.2 froyo leak and I switched back to 2.1 stock using ODIN. Is this the true stock 2.1 eclair that came from AT&T, or is it some person who developed a 2.1 OS?

spartan062984

Oct 8, 2010

MrByte

Oct 4, 2007
I just got my replacement phone (had issues with phone intermittently shutting off).
Before I do any flashing I'd like to preserve my current "stock ROM", which is not the I897UCJF6 but mine came with I897UCJH7.
How do I get a flashable copy of this? (preferably as a ODIN-1-Click) :)
Would I use ROM Manager to make a backup? I guess restoring that should do it?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:

g-money28

Nov 2, 2010
Sweet! I followed this to the letter and now I have a phone that won't turn on and when I plug it in during download mode to try to salvage it, Windows tells me "one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned...."

Any suggestions on how to fix this, or should I just throw this thing out the window?...

Odin was doing it's thing and then in the middle of the update Windows tells me the device is no longer recognized... After over an hour of Odin and the phone spinning its wheels, I finally pulled the plug.

opcow

Oct 14, 2010
Ice Station Zebra
Sweet! I followed this to the letter and now I have a phone that won't turn on and when I plug it in during download mode to try to salvage it, Windows tells me "one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned...."

Any suggestions on how to fix this, or should I just throw this thing out the window?...
Don't throw it out the window. You may run over it with the lawn mower next spring and injure yourself or someone else.
Odin was doing it's thing and then in the middle of the update Windows tells me the device is no longer recognized... After over an hour of Odin and the phone spinning its wheels, I finally pulled the plug.

That kind of sounds like a USB hardware failure (on one end or the other), but have you tried reinstalling the drivers? Changed ports? Verified that the USB port works with other devices? System restore to a time when it worked?

g-money28

Nov 2, 2010
That kind of sounds like a USB hardware failure (on one end or the other), but have you tried reinstalling the drivers? Changed ports? Verified that the USB port works with other devices? System restore to a time when it worked?

Yes, to all of the above... I was originally flashing it on win7 64-bit. All the above happened. Tried to flash again, got the error. Now, I'm on winXP 32-bit right now, getting the same errors. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, rebooted, plugged and unplugged the device, rebooted the device...more or less every combination of tricks.

opcow

Oct 14, 2010
Ice Station Zebra
Yes, to all of the above... I was originally flashing it on win7 64-bit. All the above happened. Tried to flash again, got the error. Now, I'm on winXP 32-bit right now, getting the same errors. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, rebooted, plugged and unplugged the device, rebooted the device...more or less every combination of tricks.

Sounds like you've covered everything. Different cable? Removed any sim and/or sdcard? The only time I can recall seeing that kind of behavior is when the device I was plugging in was actually malfunctioning.

g-money28

Nov 2, 2010
Is it possible that I fired something when I unplugged it during the flash?... I'd like to think this is not "truly" bricked.

g-money28

Nov 2, 2010
I can get into download mode, thankfully. If I turn the phone on, I don't get the exclamation mark...just black--but a truly amazing high contrast black! :p

Originally, after the incident, I was unable to get into DL mode (by holding the volume keys and plugging in the usb). I had to put the battery in AS I was doing holding down the buttons, and that seemed to get me back in the game.

opcow

Oct 14, 2010
Ice Station Zebra
I can get into download mode, thankfully. If I turn the phone on, I don't get the exclamation mark...just black--but a truly amazing high contrast black! :p

Originally, after the incident, I was unable to get into DL mode (by holding the volume keys and plugging in the usb). I had to put the battery in AS I was doing holding down the buttons, and that seemed to get me back in the game.

Ok, but just to be clear, after the amazingly deep, dark 1,000,000:1 contrast black screen, you get a yellow triangle with an android bot-dude shoveling silicon cow chips in the middle?

One more useless suggestion: unplug from USB, take out the battery, sim card and external sdcard (if you have one) and let it sit for a while. And when you try it again use a different USB cable, if you have another one of those.

g-money28

Nov 2, 2010
Yes, I can get to the download screen. I'm thinking--hoping--it is a faulty cable. Unfortunately, I don't have a spare at the moment. Are they proprietary or could I pick one up at any store? I am a complete noob to smartphones... Pretty obvious as I've had one for 7 hours and look where I am at with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: "MASTER CLEAR" WILL WIPE YOUR BUILT-IN STORAGE!
    I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.

What is this?:
    If you see the "phone+!+computer" screen, you need this! If you deleted something you shouldn't have and can't get it back on your phone, this is probably your best bet. This is the Odin3 One-Click Downloader for restoring your phone from a completely software bricked state, or for whatever purpose you see fit to use it for. You don't have to change any settings, it is all pre-packaged and ready to go.

If this has helped you out, please consider buying me a beer!

How to use:

1. Download and install the correct drivers below (mac and linux don't need drivers)
    2. Plug in your usb cable to your phone and computer
    3. Open Odin
    4. Enter Download Mode (see below)
    5. Click Start
    6. Be Patient, the first boot will take a while

How to use Master Clear:

1. Boot your phone up normally with usb debugging on
    2. Click Master Clear

How to enter download mode:
    Method 1:(ADB - from recovery or normally booted with usb debugging on)
    1. Open a cmd prompt/console/shell
    2. adb shell
    3. adb reboot download
    Method 2:(KEY COMBO)
    • Remove the battery, sim card, sdcard if you have one
    • Insert the battery
    • Hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
    Method 3:(KEY COMBO)
    • Remove the battery, sim card, sdcard if you have one
    • Insert the battery
    • Hold both Volume buttons (from i9000 just down, don't touch the power button)
    • Plug in the USB cable and continue holding both Volume buttons

Drivers:
    Windows 64bit
    Windows 32bit

I897UCJF6 - Odin3 One-Click Downloader:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0w2y31maz8mdom4
    http://www.multiupload.com/XAZUYNXSC1

The internal beta's are NOT one-click, please read the linked threads
    UPDATE: I897UCJH2 (Internal BETA)
    You can get it here

UPDATE: I897UCJH3 (Internal BETA)
    You can get it here
    I uploaded this on my Fileserve account if anyone needs a working link:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/emnCn2j
    Did it stay on "File analysis" for a long time?

if you're getting that, quit and unplug the phone, take out the battery so it's completely dead (and take out the sim card while you're at it)

then put back just the battery and put the phone into download mode (volume down + power)

then run odin and THEN plug in the phone. you have to do it in the right order otherwise it gets stuck on file analysis. go figure.
    Right-clicked the app and chose "Run as administrator"? I can't think of anything else other than to try CP3P0LOL's odin 2.1 package, which is safer anyway, because it includes the 3 button combo fix.

Tried the administrator route... no go. I'll give the other way a shot tomorrow since I've got an early start to the day.

Thanks!
    Your phone is likely not bricked. Get or create a jig to get your phone into download mode.

The rest is easy: running the Odin package in this thread, rooting your phone, and installing CWM are all the steps you need to install CyanogenMod.

The root files and CWM files are attached for when you reach that point. Each should be renamed to update.zip and placed in the SD card root directory of your phone. Reboot into recovery (easiest is via adb reboot recovery but that requires a fair amount of configuration to get working) and select the reinstall packages option both times; root first, then CWM.

You don't need to root first, just use the cwm zip then flash whatever Rom you want, the Rom will be rooted, rooting before installing cwm to simply flash a Rom is like wiping before you poop