Official AOSP 2.2 OTA -- [Installable on All Dream/Sapphire] (12/01/2010 PartsB)

Search This thread

wuziq

Jun 1, 2010
hm im having some trouble:

cannot get firerats a2sd to work, when opening the script in terminal is says it cannot find fdisk

and

i cannot get 'adb remount' to work when using adb obviously

same here. thought different versions of busybox would have fdisk but was only able to install 1.17 and 1.18, or whatever, neither of which had fdisk.

ssakuma

Mar 8, 2010
Tokyo
Hello from France !

Has anyone sucessful to add French in locales. I have tried this method, but it fails or I have made an error (mostly). It boots loop and Add Pack langages don't work, it's boot loop too.
Can you explain me what it doesn't work ? Hasn't you another method or hasn't you alyready done its ?

Thanks and excuse me for my very bad english.

Thanks.

p.s : i have a htc dream (32B).

i will try french locale later.
give me some time. ;)

edit

hi,
i tried to add french-locale and did it. :rolleyes:
see screen shots.

mod on framework-res and Settings, only.

so, anyone successfull to add locales? or build a bootable rom with Kitchen?

Attachments

• locale-01.png
    locale-01.png
    13 KB · Views: 81
  • locale-02.png
    locale-02.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 80
  • locale-03.png
    locale-03.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

SG_Shadow

Aug 19, 2009
Chicago
See I'm not the only 1 having this prob.

Based on what I've read from this thread and others, this ROM does not have ROOT access, this is why these commands wont work, at all. So basically you can have nasty godly speed, with decent space for apps or have slow, no space, root access with another ROM. I don't know about you, but I'm riding this until the wheels fall off...

ezterry

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2010
Asheville, NC
Based on what I've read from this thread and others, this ROM does not have ROOT access,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superuser#Unix_and_Unix-like

somehow I see no indication that "root" has anything to do with this adb remount command you speak of

Now the issue you have is adb not configured to allow you to remount/directly access as root; you can still use 'su' to access root at the prompt.. you can after running su run 'mount -o remount,rw /system /system' and system will be read write (if you previously pushed a file to /data/local/tmp you can now use 'cat /data/local/tmp/somefile > /system/.../somefile'

But if this confuses you boot back into recovery and modify system from there (its safer anyway)

PS if you really want adb remount don't look too hard you just need to set ro.security to 0 in default.prop on the ram disk. Google will find you the howto.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bladyle

Elegy

Mar 13, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superuser#Unix_and_Unix-like

somehow I see no indication that "root" has anything to do with this adb remount command you speak of

Now the issue you have is adb not configured to allow you to remount/directly access as root; you can still use 'su' to access root at the prompt.. you can after running su run 'mount -o remount,rw /system /system' and system will be read write (if you previously pushed a file to /data/local/tmp you can now use 'cat /data/local/tmp/somefile > /system/.../somefile'

But if this confuses you boot back into recovery and modify system from there (its safer anyway)

thanks, mount -o remount,rw /system /system did the trick.
wanted to remove apps i dont use , like Faves, Email etc.

rikiki69

Apr 7, 2010
i will try french locale later.
give me some time. ;)

edit

hi,
i tried to add french-locale and did it. :rolleyes:
see screen shots.

mod on framework-res and Settings, only.

so, anyone successfull to add locales? or build a bootable rom with Kitchen?

Thanks a lot for having try !

I will only do settings and framework, i had tried to add french locale to the all application and it didn't work.

Thanks !

airadier

Jan 18, 2008
Zaragoza
www.bodegueros.net
Latest radio 2.22.27.08 and +15mb RAM for HTC Magic

Note: sorry for the URLs, I'm not allowed to post links on my first post. I'll fix it as soon as I'm allowed.

I hope you find this interesting (you can copy instructions to your original post if you find them useful):

Latest radio 2.22.27.08 from official T-Mobile udpate frees 15Mb of RAM, something very interesting on HTC Magic 32B, with only 96MB of RAM, is quite nice. However, if you flash radio 2.22.27.08 on this modified ROM, Cyanogenmod or others, the system won't boot. The problem is latest radio only works with latest official kernel from T-Mobile. And moreover, the official T-Mobile kernel will only work with SPL 1.33.0013 (the original one included in latest update).

I tried the following with your T-Mobile update, but it should work with Cyanogen or others as well.

So, how to make it work:

From recovery, flash Radio 2.22.27.08 (apply .zip from SD card, choose this file. Procedure may vary depending on your recovery image... if you don't understand this, you shouldn't be doing it!):

h t t p : / / w w w . 4shared . com/file/o-PkX9Ew/myTouch-radio-2_22_27_08.html?start=

The phone will reboot two or three times until the update is completes, and then fall into a reboot loop. Don't worry, this is expected. If something goes wrong you can go back to Radio 2.22.23.02 flashing this file:

h t t p : / / w w w . mediafire . com/?qwmzgko2gg2

Now, go back to recovery, and flash the SPL update (update.SPL_Original_1.33.0013-signed.zip) to 1.33.0013. Download from here:

h t t p : / / w w w . multiupload . com/NKJ45TLL8L

The only drawback is this SPL is a "Perfected" one. It won't allow you to flash a new recovery imagen from Fastboot. But you shouldn't worry, do you? You already have a custom recovery, and there are other ways for flashing a new one. So go ahead, apply the update. The system will reboot twice again, and reboot-loop again. The current kernel can't boot with this radio version.

So, now extract the official kernel from the official update (original thread h t t p : / / forum.xda-developers . com/showthread.php?t=807899):

h t t p : / / android.clients.google . com/packages/ota/tmobile_opal/e059adc603a3.signed-opal-ota-60505.e059adc6.zip

from that file, extract boot.img (the kernel) and /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko (the wifi kernel module, will need it later). Now, flash boot.img using fastboot:

* Boot into fastboot (power on while pressing back button + power) with USB connected
* Use the command "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

Now the system should work, but wifi is not working. You need to replace the file in /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko with the extracted file. Connected by USB, use "adb push" to copy wlan.ko to /sdcard, then use adb shell and run the following command to remount /system read-write:

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

and the following to replace the wlan.ko file:

cp /sdcard/wlan.ko /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko

make a backup of the file before overwritting, you might never know.

Reboot, and everything should be working fine.

This procedure works well until someone builds a kernel capable of working with radio 2.22.27.08 + SPL 1.33.0013. Also, I'm looking forward for a engineering SPL (1.33.2013) that works with radio 2.22.27.08. There's a modified SPL around there, but it won't work (it's really a 1.33.2005 patched to look like 1.33.2013).

Reactions: mqazimi

Elegy

Mar 13, 2010
i removed the 3dgalllery but now i cannot install the 2dgallery anymore. APK's wont install via Linda File Manager and ADB.

ezterry

Jan 16, 2010
Asheville, NC
I hope you find this interesting (you can copy instructions to your original post if you find them useful):

I welcome you again to the HTC Dream section.. the section you are looking for however is the Sapphire section. The safest way to do what you are looking for is to install the Actual MT3G OTA and root it:

See this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=807899

Anyone who bricks there MT3G phone in the process. I'm looking for a development phone to hack on

ssakuma

Mar 8, 2010
Tokyo
de-odexing again

i found a mistake in my post about de-odexing (#761), so post this again to inform it.

1. nandroid backup current rom.
1-1. full wipe.
2. flash test2 rom.
3. flash market fix.
4. nandroid backup.
5. nandroid restore rom, backuped in step 1.
6. reboot.
7. connect phone to your pc via usb, then mount sd card.
8. copy nandroid backup images (boot.img and system.img) to Kitchen's "orginal_update" folder.
9. launch Kitchen and execute "1. Set up working folder from ROM".
10. execute "2. Add root permissions".
11. execute "3. Add BusyBox".
12. execute "11 - Deodex files in your ROM", both framework and app folder.
13. execute "6. Zipalign all *.apk files to optimize RAM usage".
14. execute "99. Build ROM from working folder".

i am sorry if there are people who tried this without wiping and got boot loops. :(

p.s.
OP, this rom is the best that i have flashed. so, it is necessary for me to de-odexing. i need japanese locale and some theming. ;)

Attachments

• device.png
    device.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 121

Elegy

Mar 13, 2010
@ssakuma: do you have an idea why the normal 2dGallery wont install? it wont install via file manager on the phone, or push/install via ADB.
my guess its that ADB doesnt recognize the phone as being rooted, but then how am i ever going to get back my gallery? (2d one preferred)

ezterry

Jan 16, 2010
Asheville, NC
@ssakuma: do you have an idea why the normal 2dGallery wont install? it wont install via file manager on the phone, or push/install via ADB.
my guess its that ADB doesnt recognize the phone as being rooted, but then how am i ever going to get back my gallery? (2d one preferred)
Boot recovery and push the apk in /system/app .. I don't think it will work but it either will or show a signature missmatch error in logcat .. if it needs to be the common signature you will need to resign all of the htc1 signed apks and gallery with the sane known key.

Of dedox and rebuild the rom as described for the Japanese locale

ssakuma

Mar 8, 2010
Tokyo

OP is right, i think. :)

raven_raven

Apr 13, 2010
Poznań
ssakuma, could you make ROM with polish locale?

I'm trying to do that for couple of hours and nothing is coming from that.
Basically steps are like that:
1) de-odex ROM
2) decompile framework-res.apk
3) copy 9 folders ending with two characters mathing to your countries symbol (for example -jp or -pl :) ) from CM6 framework-res.apk to AOSP ROM framework-res.apk
4) compile framework-res.apk again
5) replace original framework-res.apk with modified framework-res.apk AND replace libicudata.so with CM6's corresponding file
6) build ROM again

Everything is working until I try to replace framework (clean deodexed ROM works, deodexed with replaced only libicudata.so also). I don't know what am I doing wrong, I just recieve bootloop :(.
Maybe I'll try to replace files from SuperF, but I don't think I'll succed.

I'm using HTC Android Kitchen 0.104 and ApkManager 4.9 to do all this work (my OS on PC is Windows 7). Please, maybe more detailed instructions or sth like that, I'd love to make progress on this, this ROM is almost perfect, but I hate seeing it in english. I don't have to mention that many of my Android friends are waiting for progress too ;).

bittermormon

Jul 21, 2006
problems with BART??

I am having an issue where I can't perform a BART backup in recovery. The script doesn't think I have enough space. I have about 4gb free on my SD card.

I have been running this rom for about 5 days and just noticed this problem. A nandroid b/u works fine. I have tried running the script through the utility command in RA Recovery as well as typing "bart -s" in terminal.

Is this related to this ROM?

edit: I am dumb, there is no ext. Brain no worky!! Sorry

Last edited:

mycnam

May 4, 2009
I tried but this does not work for me. It freezes at the first boot screen (no adb). I had to pull battery to reset and go back to recovery.

Isn't it like ezterry said the Magic kernel has memory mapping issues on Dream?

Note: sorry for the URLs, I'm not allowed to post links on my first post. I'll fix it as soon as I'm allowed.

Latest radio 2.22.27.08 from official T-Mobile udpate frees 15Mb of RAM, something very interesting on HTC Magic 32B, with only 96MB of RAM, is quite nice. However, if you flash radio 2.22.27.08 on this modified ROM, Cyanogenmod or others, the system won't boot. The problem is latest radio only works with latest official kernel from T-Mobile. And moreover, the official T-Mobile kernel will only work with SPL 1.33.0013 (the original one included in latest update).

I tried the following with your T-Mobile update, but it should work with Cyanogen or others as well.

So, how to make it work:

From recovery, flash Radio 2.22.27.08 (apply .zip from SD card, choose this file. Procedure may vary depending on your recovery image... if you don't understand this, you shouldn't be doing it!):

h t t p : / / w w w . 4shared . com/file/o-PkX9Ew/myTouch-radio-2_22_27_08.html?start=

The phone will reboot two or three times until the update is completes, and then fall into a reboot loop. Don't worry, this is expected. If something goes wrong you can go back to Radio 2.22.23.02 flashing this file:

h t t p : / / w w w . mediafire . com/?qwmzgko2gg2

Now, go back to recovery, and flash the SPL update (update.SPL_Original_1.33.0013-signed.zip) to 1.33.0013. Download from here:

h t t p : / / w w w . multiupload . com/NKJ45TLL8L

The only drawback is this SPL is a "Perfected" one. It won't allow you to flash a new recovery imagen from Fastboot. But you shouldn't worry, do you? You already have a custom recovery, and there are other ways for flashing a new one. So go ahead, apply the update. The system will reboot twice again, and reboot-loop again. The current kernel can't boot with this radio version.

So, now extract the official kernel from the official update (original thread h t t p : / / forum.xda-developers . com/showthread.php?t=807899):

h t t p : / / android.clients.google . com/packages/ota/tmobile_opal/e059adc603a3.signed-opal-ota-60505.e059adc6.zip

from that file, extract boot.img (the kernel) and /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko (the wifi kernel module, will need it later). Now, flash boot.img using fastboot:

* Boot into fastboot (power on while pressing back button + power) with USB connected
* Use the command "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

Now the system should work, but wifi is not working. You need to replace the file in /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko with the extracted file. Connected by USB, use "adb push" to copy wlan.ko to /sdcard, then use adb shell and run the following command to remount /system read-write:

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

and the following to replace the wlan.ko file:

cp /sdcard/wlan.ko /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko

make a backup of the file before overwritting, you might never know.

Reboot, and everything should be working fine.

This procedure works well until someone builds a kernel capable of working with radio 2.22.27.08 + SPL 1.33.0013. Also, I'm looking forward for a engineering SPL (1.33.2013) that works with radio 2.22.27.08. There's a modified SPL around there, but it won't work (it's really a 1.33.2005 patched to look like 1.33.2013).

ezterry

Jan 16, 2010
Asheville, NC
I tried but this does not work for me. It freezes at the first boot screen (no adb). I had to pull battery to reset and go back to recovery.

Isn't it like ezterry said the Magic kernel has memory mapping issues on Dream?

The new kernel isn't built for the dream.. the phones are different, but similar enough that if built with the support a single kernel can automatically detect if the kernel is running on board trout or board sapphire and set up the system accordingly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a flash image for the dream of the MT3G ASOP (T-mobile OTA) 2.2 release. Including the most recent security update!!!

[SIZE=+2]MT3G-test3_S.zip[/SIZE]
    (MD5: efff33db482ea3b6da3b247516be6a7f .. last updated 11/21/2010)

Please note this includes my 20101106 - 2708 ported kernel, for those requiring other kernels see addons

Requires:

* [Size=+2]1.33.0013d or 1.33.0013 SPLs with recommend 2.22.28.25 radio[/size]
    (32b devices only) details on this post..
    If you refuse to upgrade or can't upgrade because you have a 32a (1.2 or classic) device: you will need an alternative kernel as described in step 4.b 4.c or the phone will not boot
    Note: 2.22.27.08 will also work but is not how the ota was shipped

* Uesrs of other SPLs can either use Danger (dream only), any sapphire SPL on the magic/sapphire/MT3G or alternatively Custom MTD I recommend "87 2" (system/cache) {as of test3 06bindcache will work if you install the parts package, thus if you use CustomMTD parts is mandatory to avoid market issues}

To install:

1) Wipe with 'fastboot erase system -w' (A no-wipe upgrade from test-2 will probably work)
    2) flash MT3G-test3_S.zip
    3) You will be prompted if you wish to install AmazonMP3 (answer yes/no)
    4) You will be prompted if you want to set gprsclass set to 12 (you probably wish to answer yes)
    4.b) If you have a 32a or 32a 1.2 magic install the ebi1, ebi0 kernel respectively from here: http://goo.gl/qFJO
    4.c) If you have a 32b dream/sapphire without the new 2708 spl/radio install the ebi0 kernel if your radio starts with 2.22, or the ebi1 radio if it starts with 3.22 here: http://goo.gl/qFJO
    5) Optional flash "DroidX keyboard" add-on
    6) Optional flash "parts" add-on

Alternatively the rom is now available in RomManager; and will install the rom and correct version of the 20110222 kernel; also will allow you to choose between the components parts, droidX keyboard, and language packs.

Whats included:

1) su/superuser from CM6
    2) my cm6 optimized pershoot based kernel described here
    3) wifi working
    4) bluetooth working (fixed inv2)
    5) keyboard working (fixed in v2)
    6) Rom contains English/Spanish only (Other languages available as language pack addons)
    7) No sim card required (fixed with v2 market fix)

Many additional packages included in the parts addon.

To see information on the original Test2 release vist This Post

What not working:

* CM6 potential USB power issue (its not horrible on 2.6.34.7 but if you notice it reboot, or plug in a wall adapter)
    * Sound Recorder shortcut missing, this looks like a bug in the OTA not the port a workaround

What to do if it bootloops

Before posting that the rom will not boot; please verify the following:

1) Check that if you don't have the newest radio SPLs *OR* don't have a 32B phone; that you install the correct kernel as mentioned in step 4b/4c in the installation instructions
    2) Please use Super Wipe immediately before installing (ie. flash super wipe; restart back to recovery; then install the rom)
    3) If you did not install it; install partsB; this will fix some date related bootloops that happens after flashing some of the radios. (after you can login and set the date correctly feel free to re-install without parts if you really don't want it)
    4) If your phone is still bootlooping; after a clean install make sure you run 'adb logcat > logcat.txt' on your computer just after rebooting into the rom. Then paste the logcat contents into pastebin copying the link to this thread.

This may sound overkill but its the easiest way to make sure its not your error during install.

Addons

A|| Kernels:

The set of kernels used with this rom can be found: http://goo.gl/qFJO
    > MT3G 1.2 (fender users) please use the EBI0 kernel
    > 32A magic users (and rogers dreams who have not updated to a 2708 radio) please use the EBI1 port
    > Dream/Sapphire users with older EBI0 radios may also use the EBI0 kernel with this rom.

B|| Parts Add On:

MT3G-test3-partsB_S.zip
    MD5: 58b80345db33c95a92f9be77ee67cc43 (update 12/01/2010)
    What is it you ask.. It adds support for many things on top of the base rom

(note if you are upgrading from the original Test3-parts this is a no-wipe update)

1) Add support for init.d scripts
    2) Add support for 'adb remount'
    3) Add support for live wallpapers (apk kanged from CM nightly 238, and odex by myself)
    4) Add busybox in a squashfs (binaries kanged form CM nightly 238; and repacked since I didn't want all of them) Note test3-partsB restores the toolbox netstat link to correctly display netstat information again.
    5) Add LWP fix (fixes various 3D) via init.rc permissions (based on firerats work) updated in test3-partsB to fix slow performance in many games.
    6) Added fix_permissions script (this one kanged from biffmod 2.1)
    7) Load ipv6 on boot
    8) apn list from CM238 nightly (new for test3)
    9) flash_image from CM238 nightly (new for test3)
    10) date verification; if year is < 2010 set the date to a more recent date (prevents initial boot boot loops for some users) added in test3-partsB
    11) And Last but not least:
    Added "Froyo Parts" apk custom menu interface to (this is my work k, thanks.. but certainty has ideas from pre-eclair apps2sd and firerats scripts):

internal -> /sd-ext
    a. dex2sd (/data/dalvik-cache)
    b. data2sd (/data/data)
    c. apps2sd (/data/app & /data/app-private)
    d. Keep Home in Ram (thanks to raven_raven's idea) [new test3]
    e. Compcache 18MB (based of CM's script) [new test3]
    f. Restrict /dev/hw3dc most games run better with this disabled; however some work better with it enabled (no reboot required) added in test3-partsB

Check the one or more to gain additional space; allow the app root permissions and reboot; the files will be moved accordingly.

All options only apply on next reboot, so if you make a mistake just revert

Previous 11/21/2010 version
    MT3G-test3-parts_S.zip
    MD5: 199475ba609396114049adbe196d571a

C|| DroidX Multi Touch Keyboard:

A new addon for those that like the DroidX Multi Touch Keyboard.
    Thanks to RoyalKnight6190 for the biffmod port this is based on and in turn punk.kaos for the version that works on your phones

This is odexed to save data space and WILL replace the default keyboard

MT3G-test3-DroidX-kaosfix-v3_S.zip
    MD5: 5f7f7cf54f8224976be173dca9543c57 .. last updated 11/21/2010

D|| Themes:

* See shadowch31's True Blue Theme:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=856165

* Also roalex's OTA Gingerbread (for froyo):
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9686189&postcount=1440
    (enough work it could be its own rom so do check it out)

* sisterchick's Themes for OTA
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9894072&postcount=1567 - Blue Revo Theme
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9944245&postcount=1586 - Peppermint Twist
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9955951&postcount=1590 - Orange Slice/Green Revo/Grape Jelly

* Simple Black Bar
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9771131&postcount=1493
    A simple black status bar mostly intended to aid others in porting dark status bar themes; but can of course be used on its own.

* castaway1 x10 bar style
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10328491&postcount=1647
    Note: The clock will be black on black unless you flash the "Simple Black Bar" theme with white clock followed by this themed status bar.

E|| Lang Packs:

Non-supported language starter packs
    see this post (update 12/11/2010)
    These are for test3 only and provide the options to add [fr,pl,de] or [ja,zh] or [it,ru,nb] or [cs,ko,tr] to the existing en,es rom.

F|| Disable Menu Unlock:

No this is not a bug fix; the Rom has a feature coded in to allow the menu key to unlock the screen as could be done on the phone before the update.

However for those that don't like this feature here is a hacked version of the framework to disable the menu unlock, and enable the "H" notification.

MT3G-test3-disabelMenuUnlock_S.zip
    MD5 SUM: 897bf28ee97db05395935f0e29b20967

Please note this will not work with the language packs or themes (of course a theme or custom language pack may include this functionality)

G|| Kernel Updates:

An update to the included 20101106 (and related 20101031) kernels can be found:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11565574&postcount=670

Simply flash the kernel update.zip matching your configuration

FAQ:

* Installing Titanium + Root Fails: You require BusyBox for Titanium to work; this can be installed via You can either install the parts package or install via titanium its self
    * I need ipv6 loaded on boot to run goggles or other app: This is included in the parts package; if you wish not to use the parts package see this trick
    * adb remount doesn't work and this rom doesn't have root.. yes 'adb remount' fails because this is a stock rom.. however NO just because that fails doesn't mean there is no root. see this post in short modify /system in recovery its safer than adb remount anyway. Also ADB remount has been added to the parts package
    * I want to revert from the DroidX keyboard to stock: re-flash test-3 followed by parts if you flashed parts. (do not wipe)

(In short if you are having issues with advanced features try out the parts package ;) )

Note:

This is only a quick hack of the official MT3G rom; please don't expect me to make major changes to it (If I'm doing that I'll build from ASOP source)

(Changes: version 2 fixes bluetooth and the keyboard + audio levels for dream + removes OTA key so it won't ask for any future updates)
    (Changes: Market-fix; applies the updated files from the OTA fix; in addition to allowing you to signon [or skip signon] without a simcard)
    (Changes: Test-3 parts improvements + security update included)
    I have ported (some copy pastes, some injects,etc :D) Ginger Bits to this rom:
    Launcher(made to work on Froyo by the modaco ppl)&Keyboard are from the SDK, framework and a few application themed.

REQ: 87 MB on /system

howto:

1.flash test3
    2.flash parts
    3.flash mytheme

Download:

OA22OTA-Gingerbread-Theme.zip md5:93887ac62ce5f87dcd3b1b8906720619

Credits:
    Krispy for the metamorph
    studjuice - for the metamorph
    Daneshm90 for making "Theme Porter"
    Daneshm90 Apk Manager
    Launcher-MoDacO
    Ohsaka colorChange.jar
    Google for the VM SDK png's ? :p

Updates:

-Thanks to Terry we have a IME fix, on the odd output over the keypad
    NoWipe Update here

Also replaced in the main file.
    Gingerbread Theme French, German, Polish Language Pack

FYI all (non-themed) language packs updated also:

Woah the Gingerbread theme is so damn awesome, but there is one problem ;) it doesn't work with the langpack, if i flash the theme after the langpack everything is english, and if i flash the langpack as last the theme isn't available :-(. Any solution?

Here is a language pack to overly roalex's Gingerbread theme http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9686189&postcount=1440

YOu probably do not need to wipe if you are already running this rom, but it is wise to reflash the rom:

[size=+2]
    1) Flash MT3G-test3_S.zip
    [size=-1]MD5: efff33db482ea3b6da3b247516be6a7f[/size]
    2) Flash MT3G-test3-partsB_S.zip
    [size=-1]MD5: 58b80345db33c95a92f9be77ee67cc43[/size]
    3) Flash OA22OTA-Gingerbread-Theme.zip
    [size=-1]MD5: 93887ac62ce5f87dcd3b1b8906720619[/size]
    4) Flash MT3G-test3-gingerbread-ex1.3_fr_pl_de_S.zip
    [size=-1]MD5: 2fbf18fa25a4a5e7f8e20a146a04c32b[/size]
    [/SIZE]

If you are not using the 2708+ kernel (or are trying a different kernel) remember to also flash the EB0/EBI1 kernel of your choice before booting.

Thanks to roalex for making the theme (OA22OTA-Gingerbread-Theme.zip) I just applied my language pack scripts to it.

Oh.. and note the Gingerbread Keyboard supports all the languages of this port :)
    --

mirror OA22OTA-Gingerbread-Theme.zip 93887ac62ce5f87dcd3b1b8906720619 (hopefully not needed)
    The most stable & fastest Froyo Rom, I underestimated it, i thought it was going to be slow & lag a lot. But daamn! ezTerry, you did one hell of a job. Much appreciated!

You can thank Google's asop code for the speed.

The T-Mobile odexs help keep the data contained (you can do a bit better with a small as possible system and no extra apps using custom mtd, but its not realistic for everyone to set up.)
    Goggle goggles works! You just have to type in this:
    Code:
    modprobe ipv6
    in terminal and Goggles work like a charm! Maybe ezterry would like to add this little helpful piece of info to OP ;). Credits to NLJ for informing me about this way.

Ah, there is another one. There is a way to succesfully keep launcher in memory (I don't know how long it works, but I think you have to redo it after launcher is killed). Open terminal and type:
    Code:
    $ su
    # echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop
    # reboot

Works great!