FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Official AOSP 2.2 OTA -- [Installable on All Dream/Sapphire] (12/01/2010 PartsB)

1,829 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,005

By ezterry, Retired Recognized Developer on 18th October 2010, 12:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd November 2010, 02:09 AM |#821  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegy

hm im having some trouble:

cannot get firerats a2sd to work, when opening the script in terminal is says it cannot find fdisk

and

i cannot get 'adb remount' to work when using adb obviously

same here. thought different versions of busybox would have fdisk but was only able to install 1.17 and 1.18, or whatever, neither of which had fdisk.

2nd November 2010, 02:45 AM |#822  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikiki69

Hello from France !

Has anyone sucessful to add French in locales. I have tried this method, but it fails or I have made an error (mostly). It boots loop and Add Pack langages don't work, it's boot loop too.
Can you explain me what it doesn't work ? Hasn't you another method or hasn't you alyready done its ?

Thanks and excuse me for my very bad english.

Thanks.

p.s : i have a htc dream (32B).

i will try french locale later.
give me some time.

edit

hi,
i tried to add french-locale and did it.
see screen shots.

mod on framework-res and Settings, only.

so, anyone successfull to add locales? or build a bootable rom with Kitchen?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	locale-01.png
Views:	79
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	431790   Click image for larger version

Name:	locale-02.png
Views:	78
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	431791   Click image for larger version

Name:	locale-03.png
Views:	72
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	431792  
2nd November 2010, 06:24 AM |#823  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegy

i cannot get 'adb remount' to work when using adb obviously

See I'm not the only 1 having this prob.
2nd November 2010, 06:44 AM |#824  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killadude

See I'm not the only 1 having this prob.

Based on what I've read from this thread and others, this ROM does not have ROOT access, this is why these commands wont work, at all. So basically you can have nasty godly speed, with decent space for apps or have slow, no space, root access with another ROM. I don't know about you, but I'm riding this until the wheels fall off...
2nd November 2010, 07:00 AM |#825  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Asheville, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,005

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG_Shadow

Based on what I've read from this thread and others, this ROM does not have ROOT access,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superus..._and_Unix-like

somehow I see no indication that "root" has anything to do with this adb remount command you speak of

Now the issue you have is adb not configured to allow you to remount/directly access as root; you can still use 'su' to access root at the prompt.. you can after running su run 'mount -o remount,rw /system /system' and system will be read write (if you previously pushed a file to /data/local/tmp you can now use 'cat /data/local/tmp/somefile > /system/.../somefile'

But if this confuses you boot back into recovery and modify system from there (its safer anyway)

PS if you really want adb remount don't look too hard you just need to set ro.security to 0 in default.prop on the ram disk. Google will find you the howto.
The Following User Says Thank You to ezterry For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ezterry Ad-Free
2nd November 2010, 09:23 AM |#826  
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 16

More
How do you remove Amazon MP3 and faves? Do you just remove their apk's, or is there more to it?
2nd November 2010, 09:40 AM |#827  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezterry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superus..._and_Unix-like

somehow I see no indication that "root" has anything to do with this adb remount command you speak of

Now the issue you have is adb not configured to allow you to remount/directly access as root; you can still use 'su' to access root at the prompt.. you can after running su run 'mount -o remount,rw /system /system' and system will be read write (if you previously pushed a file to /data/local/tmp you can now use 'cat /data/local/tmp/somefile > /system/.../somefile'

But if this confuses you boot back into recovery and modify system from there (its safer anyway)

thanks, mount -o remount,rw /system /system did the trick.
wanted to remove apps i dont use , like Faves, Email etc.
2nd November 2010, 10:37 AM |#828  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssakuma

i will try french locale later.
give me some time.

edit

hi,
i tried to add french-locale and did it.
see screen shots.

mod on framework-res and Settings, only.

so, anyone successfull to add locales? or build a bootable rom with Kitchen?

Thanks a lot for having try !

I will only do settings and framework, i had tried to add french locale to the all application and it didn't work.

Thanks !
2nd November 2010, 11:58 AM |#829  
Flag Zaragoza
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Latest radio 2.22.27.08 and +15mb RAM for HTC Magic
Note: sorry for the URLs, I'm not allowed to post links on my first post. I'll fix it as soon as I'm allowed.

I hope you find this interesting (you can copy instructions to your original post if you find them useful):

Latest radio 2.22.27.08 from official T-Mobile udpate frees 15Mb of RAM, something very interesting on HTC Magic 32B, with only 96MB of RAM, is quite nice. However, if you flash radio 2.22.27.08 on this modified ROM, Cyanogenmod or others, the system won't boot. The problem is latest radio only works with latest official kernel from T-Mobile. And moreover, the official T-Mobile kernel will only work with SPL 1.33.0013 (the original one included in latest update).

I tried the following with your T-Mobile update, but it should work with Cyanogen or others as well.

So, how to make it work:

From recovery, flash Radio 2.22.27.08 (apply .zip from SD card, choose this file. Procedure may vary depending on your recovery image... if you don't understand this, you shouldn't be doing it!):

h t t p : / / w w w . 4shared . com/file/o-PkX9Ew/myTouch-radio-2_22_27_08.html?start=

The phone will reboot two or three times until the update is completes, and then fall into a reboot loop. Don't worry, this is expected. If something goes wrong you can go back to Radio 2.22.23.02 flashing this file:

h t t p : / / w w w . mediafire . com/?qwmzgko2gg2

Now, go back to recovery, and flash the SPL update (update.SPL_Original_1.33.0013-signed.zip) to 1.33.0013. Download from here:

h t t p : / / w w w . multiupload . com/NKJ45TLL8L

The only drawback is this SPL is a "Perfected" one. It won't allow you to flash a new recovery imagen from Fastboot. But you shouldn't worry, do you? You already have a custom recovery, and there are other ways for flashing a new one. So go ahead, apply the update. The system will reboot twice again, and reboot-loop again. The current kernel can't boot with this radio version.

So, now extract the official kernel from the official update (original thread h t t p : / / forum.xda-developers . com/showthread.php?t=807899):

h t t p : / / android.clients.google . com/packages/ota/tmobile_opal/e059adc603a3.signed-opal-ota-60505.e059adc6.zip

from that file, extract boot.img (the kernel) and /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko (the wifi kernel module, will need it later). Now, flash boot.img using fastboot:

* Boot into fastboot (power on while pressing back button + power) with USB connected
* Use the command "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

Now the system should work, but wifi is not working. You need to replace the file in /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko with the extracted file. Connected by USB, use "adb push" to copy wlan.ko to /sdcard, then use adb shell and run the following command to remount /system read-write:

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

and the following to replace the wlan.ko file:

cp /sdcard/wlan.ko /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko

make a backup of the file before overwritting, you might never know.

Reboot, and everything should be working fine.

This procedure works well until someone builds a kernel capable of working with radio 2.22.27.08 + SPL 1.33.0013. Also, I'm looking forward for a engineering SPL (1.33.2013) that works with radio 2.22.27.08. There's a modified SPL around there, but it won't work (it's really a 1.33.2005 patched to look like 1.33.2013).
The Following User Says Thank You to airadier For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift airadier Ad-Free
2nd November 2010, 01:09 PM |#830  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenShadow

How do you remove Amazon MP3 and faves? Do you just remove their apk's, or is there more to it?

I used Titanium Backup to remove the apps.
2nd November 2010, 01:13 PM |#831  

More
i removed the 3dgalllery but now i cannot install the 2dgallery anymore. APK's wont install via Linda File Manager and ADB.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp 2.2 froyo, fast and stable froyo g1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)