2.1 Discussion Thread - [READ FIRST POST] - [Stop Editing Tags]

Search This thread

Bennachie

May 8, 2010
I cannot believe that a company of Sony Ericsson’s stature can continue to make such fundamental marketing errors. First, unfulfilled promises, followed by lame excuses folled by published you tube and SE Blog videos! Of what you can’t have? Stupidity personified.
You can have it June 2010, oh no Q4. Nope we’ve moved it forward to Q3, nope back to Q4. OK then ’soon’ then ‘very soon’ no ‘immenent’ probably because no one knows the meaning of the word. Then ‘before the end of the month (October)’ Gosh 19.30 hrs on 31st to only the Nordic Countries? Uk politicians and Civil Servants are better organised than this………
In fact, many third world countries would appear to have significantly better organised infrastructures.
Utter, utter madness on the part of SE. If you purposefully set out to disassemble and destroy a brand you could not do much better than this.
If on the Apprentice. Lordy, Sir Alan would say……….
you spectacularly failed in this task after sowing the seeds of hope. ‘Your fired’

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
I cannot believe that a company of Sony Ericsson’s stature can continue to make such fundamental marketing errors. First, unfulfilled promises, followed by lame excuses folled by published you tube and SE Blog videos! Of what you can’t have? Stupidity personified.
You can have it June 2010, oh no Q4. Nope we’ve moved it forward to Q3, nope back to Q4. OK then ’soon’ then ‘very soon’ no ‘immenent’ probably because no one knows the meaning of the word. Then ‘before the end of the month (October)’ Gosh 19.30 hrs on 31st to only the Nordic Countries? Uk politicians and Civil Servants are better organised than this………
In fact, many third world countries would appear to have significantly better organised infrastructures.
Utter, utter madness on the part of SE. If you purposefully set out to disassemble and destroy a brand you could not do much better than this.
you spectacularly failed in this task after sowing the seeds of hope. ‘Your fired’

couldnt of put it better myself, now i think you should copy and paste that to teh SE UK facebook and twitter pages and wait for a responce, that would be hilarious :)

TanMak

Jun 29, 2010
Durban

Wow ... and I was just gonna say "SE ... you guys are nuts" :D

Quite succinct mate

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
I've just tried this on Generic UK and still on 1.6. I've tried PC champion and SEUS - same result. Sigh...

I just finished now and im sorry to say that i also got 1.6 .26 on the plus side i got a newer version of SE's back up and restore app. not the 2.1 version but from pc companion it directs you to it.

Was worth a shot i guess, and now to try to carry on being patient....

dachao

Oct 28, 2010
I keep getting an error message every time I try to use PC Companion to repair my phone.

Download error!
Unable to download your phones software.
Please chack your internet connection and try again later.

I was never able to use the rapair function because of the error message.

Waht can I do to bypass that?

androidfanboi

Sep 14, 2010
stop moaning

2.1 is out and you can get it yourself within a matter of minutes, root ya phone with the one click universal android root app then use root explorer to change the default.prop in system to register your device as nordic and voila reboot device connect via seus , 2.1 DOWNLOADING! AWESOME HUH?

heres some links for ya to follow method i just said

one click root

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=378512&d=1281606816

nordic change

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=826535

samme12

Aug 4, 2010
Rikard says:
November 2, 2010 at 2:56 pm
Hi guys!!
Sorry for the following news: We have a big trouble during the Roll-out of the new update, many countries have to wait a couple of days.So far i can give some dates of updates for the follwing countries:
Germany 17.11.10
France 18.11.10
Spain 19.11.10
Uk 16.11.10
Austria 18.11.10
Italy 22.11.10
Greec 28.11.10
So far in Eu
Rest of the World, will probably wait more time.
More about this news will be Tonight published.
Rikard Skogberg

Reactions: bobAbooE

Mac_33

Jun 14, 2010
Toronto
Rikard says:
Hi guys!!
Sorry for the following news: We have a big trouble during the Roll-out of the new update, many countries have to wait a couple of days.So far i can give some dates of updates for the follwing countries:
Germany 17.11.10
France 18.11.10
Spain 19.11.10
Uk 16.11.10
Austria 18.11.10
Italy 22.11.10
Greec 28.11.10
So far in Eu
Rikard Skogberg

That was not him. But we will find out tonight.

PGRX10

Sep 21, 2010
Rikard says:
Hi guys!!
Germany 17.11.10
France 18.11.10
Spain 19.11.10
Uk 16.11.10
Austria 18.11.10
Italy 22.11.10
Greec 28.11.10
So far in Eu
Rikard Skogberg

That's an imposter who wrote that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So far I have received confirmation that the generic kits for the Nordic countries will be the very first ones out on Sunday evening

Looks like there will still be a wait
    because SE employees are sitting here and improve the mood at our expense.
    LOL, these dudes have hot keys for when people go to live chat, it took her literally 1 second after i aksed to type

Agent Patricia: The update is still on schedule to be released at the end of this month. We do not have information as to what specific versions of the devices will get the updates first or in what order, nor is there a list at this time explaining this. This is our official statement; I do not have anything more to add. Is there any other question I can answer for you relating to a technical problem?

she had that hot keyed, or she right clicked and pasted it
    Rikard says:
    Hi guys!!
    Germany 17.11.10
    France 18.11.10
    Spain 19.11.10
    Uk 16.11.10
    Austria 18.11.10
    Italy 22.11.10
    Greec 28.11.10
    So far in Eu
    Rikard Skogberg