Different versions of ODIN

Search This thread

d.fx

Jul 20, 2010
I've seen two different version of ODIN3 up till now 1.0 and 1.3. But in doing a search, I came across this version: I5800_Odin_Multi_Downloader_v4.252 Is the version we are using (ODIN3 1.3) for the Galaxy S only? Are there versions for each phone? Just trying to get a handle on this.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

i believe "I5800_Odin_Multi_Downloader_v4.252" is for the galaxy 3 phone , not the galaxy s.
And there's different version of ODIN3 for galaxy S . i am currently using 1.52

dupel

Jun 2, 2010
London
Odin 1, 1.3 and 1.7 are for galaxy s series. 1.0 was known to fail a lot, 1.3 works without any problems, but I still switched to 1.7 (you can never be too cautious with flashing).

Other odin, especially first one aren't for our phone (will most likely brick it).

Also, take great care not to download odin for captivate, as is is known to brick international version without fail.

ksizzle9

Jun 17, 2010
Knoxville
There are several fascinate users who have bricked with the captivate odin. That particular one for the captivate is a mean *****

Sent from my SCH-I500-Fascinate using XDA App

Odin 1, 1.3 and 1.7 are for galaxy s series. 1.0 was known to fail a lot, 1.3 works without any problems, but I still switched to 1.7 (you can never be too cautious with flashing).

Other odin, especially first one aren't for our phone (will most likely brick it).

Also, take great care not to download odin for captivate, as is is known to brick international version without fail.

where did you get 1.7 from? Is this the latest?

zirt57

Sep 7, 2010
Cambridge
Thank you guys. This is exactly what I was trying to find out. Now if someone could just post links to version 1.52 and 1.7 that would be great! :)

- Jeff

dupel

Jun 2, 2010
London
Samfirmwares on galaxy tab section.

(i never heard of 1.52 version)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

ed10000

Jun 9, 2010
One of the kernels I downloaded here came with Odin v1.52 (sorry, don't remember which one exactly). In case anyone wants it, I'm attaching it now.

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
Can anyone confirm if 1.7 is also for the I9000 ?

Someday I hope Odin can fix the IMEI :D

dupel

Jun 2, 2010
London
Can anyone confirm if 1.7 is also for the I9000 ?

Someday I hope Odin can fix the IMEI :D

Yup, I'm using 1.7. Used it for a couple of day, but I only flash kernels, not full roms.

But if I am correct (and I might not be) 1.3 is also tab version, yet works for i9000 perfectly.

nitr8

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 24, 2006
Switzerland
mmm, thats a shame I was board today at work so did a little UI changed on 1.3

Check it out.
odin.png

if anyone wants it:
http://nfye.com/toolkit/tools/odin.exe

Reza_Sadeghi

May 8, 2008
dont use v1.0

use 1.85 or newer ;)

search in google for download!
I need Odin3 version 1.0 because it is only version that when i use "pit" file the "Re-Partition" can be unchecked and transfer just only "pit" file to the Device.
by these newer version of Odin yes we can un-check Re-Partiton but the file "PIT" will not transfer.
i googled it but cant find Odin3 version 1.0
anyway i will use 1.85
if my problem solved i will come back i reply again that the issue has solved successfully.
any thanks for reply.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I need Odin3 version 1.0 because it is only version that when i use "pit" file the "Re-Partition" can be unchecked and transfer just only "pit" file to the Device.
    by these newer version of Odin yes we can un-check Re-Partiton but the file "PIT" will not transfer.
    i googled it but cant find Odin3 version 1.0
    anyway i will use 1.85
    if my problem solved i will come back i reply again that the issue has solved successfully.
    any thanks for reply.

you have to learn how to use google ;)

took 30 seconds

http://www.mediafire.com/?g5j0if1mdly6a2r

:)

have fun with it