CyanogenMod 6.0 for Wildfire

Search This thread

jay543_uk

Sep 18, 2010
I'm going to try the GPS now but i found another little bug today. if you are in a call and push the dialpad button it brings up the key pad but the bottom three keys are covered up by the end call button ect.

Ill let you no about my GPS

HCDR.Jacob

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
Gateshead
I'm going to try the GPS now but i found another little bug today. if you are in a call and push the dialpad button it brings up the key pad but the bottom three keys are covered up by the end call button ect.

Ill let you no about my GPS

That's not "another little bug", that's the same layout bug and has been fixed in the next release

jasonfreeman

Oct 29, 2010
My GPS isn't working either... waiting over 10 mins to get a fix on Google Maps... :(
It's actually the only thing that doesn't work for me...

jay543_uk

Sep 18, 2010
My GPS

My GPS works perfect but i have a question about the navigation system. I previously have had two nokia both of which had garmin nav on them and i was able to have the voice directions coming out of my bluetooth handsfree.
Is there any way to have the voice directionsfrom my wildfire coming out of the bluetooth handsfree.

Thanks for the great work on this ROM Jacob

Jason

Oct 28, 2010
Vienna
oh my god..
it's amazing!

Love it!
So many ways to customize.. will take me the whole weekend till my phone is finally ready!

nice performance! awesome!

only con: statusbar seems little bit blurred compared to sense one

thanks a lot jacob - you definetly did a great job! really looking forward to the stable release

ps: coudn't find a way to "align icons to grid" for the "desktop" any clues?
figured out that the icon overlay is possible if you change the rows and columns in adwlauncher - screen preferences

Last edited:

jay543_uk

Sep 18, 2010
wifi not working

I tried connecting my wifi today to my router and it will not connect. It see's the router and trys to connect but just hangs saying obtaining ip address. Iv tried to reset the router and iv also tried removing the security from the router but still the same thing happens.

all of my other devices connect to the router ok so i no it is working.

regards

jason

71baker

Apr 16, 2010
I tried connecting my wifi today to my router and it will not connect. It see's the router and trys to connect but just hangs saying obtaining ip address. Iv tried to reset the router and iv also tried removing the security from the router but still the same thing happens.

all of my other devices connect to the router ok so i no it is working.

regards

jason

I got wifi connection before regular connection (due to having my pin security on when i first started it) when i first installed CM6 on my Wildfire. It is not the ROM.

Has Wifi ever worked? I am wondering if there is something else wrong? I see you have removed security , you should not have to. Mine is secured with WPA and i have never had any problems.

If it has worked before you flashed CM6 , did you wipe everything before flashing?

jay543_uk

Sep 18, 2010
it did work when i first put cm6 on my wildfire and i also used my laptop to connect to the wildfire and used my wildfires internet through the laptop, i think that was the last time it worked. Iv tried connecting to over peoples network and that isnt working ever.

i'v just tried using the wildfires internet on my laptop over wifi and thats not working ever, do you think i should do a total wipe and re install cm6

jasonfreeman

Oct 29, 2010
Yeah you should do a total wipe...
1) Install CM6 Rom first, let it run, reboot.
2) Install HDC Kernel v4.1, let it run, reboot.
3) Install Gapps mdi, let it run, reboot.

Everything works fine for me except for the damn GPS!!!
And apparently no-one is willing to fix it or listen to the problem... :(

Oct 28, 2010
Athens
molbio.ddns.net
Yeah you should do a total wipe...
1) Install CM6 Rom first, let it run, reboot.
2) Install HDC Kernel v4.1, let it run, reboot.
3) Install Gapps mdi, let it run, reboot.

Everything works fine for me except for the damn GPS!!!
And apparently no-one is willing to fix it or listen to the problem... :(
GPS is working just fine to me, running CyanogenMod 6.1.0-RC2-buzz and kernel 2.6.32.21-HCDRJacob-ga91e73b-dirtyroot@HCDR#1.
Takes about a minute to get a satellite lock.

melinte

Sep 5, 2010
Timisoara
GPS is working just fine to me, running CyanogenMod 6.1.0-RC2-buzz and kernel 2.6.32.21-HCDRJacob-ga91e73b-dirtyroot@HCDR#1.
Takes about a minute to get a satellite lock.

I (and others, I'm sure) understand that some people report no problems with GPS. But you (and others, including Jacob) need to understand that the GPS issue people are reporting is not an isolated one and should not be set aside as one.

HCDR.Jacob

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
Gateshead
I (and others, I'm sure) understand that some people report no problems with GPS. But you (and others, including Jacob) need to understand that the GPS issue people are reporting is not an isolated one and should not be set aside as one.

File an official bug report with logs and I will at least be able to see what's going on.

Going "oh no my gps doesn't work, listen to me! You suck" doesn't really describe your problem.

This applies to all bugs, file bug reports (with logs, where appropriate) on the official bug tracker at code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod and make sure you mark it as being a wildfire issue or I won't see it.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Zorkman

Aug 31, 2010
File an official bug report with logs and I will at least be able to see what's going on.

Going "oh no my gps doesn't work, listen to me! You suck" doesn't really describe your problem.

This applies to all bugs, file bug reports (with logs, where appropriate) on the official bug tracker at code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod and make sure you mark it as being a wildfire issue or I won't see it.

hi HCDR.Jacob,
maybe take a look at: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmo...on Model Network Owner Summary Stars Priority

there are a couple of logs in there, also:

ctaylorr said:
See http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/...ight-on-nexus-one/page__pid__41734#entry41734

It may be that the APN needs to be configured for AGPS.

Hope this helps.

romlin said:
This is a bug that the devs know how to fix. Unfortunally the fix breaks boot for other devices.

EDIT:
maybe this can also be of some help:
http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmo...on Model Network Owner Summary Stars Priority

Last edited:

analurgy

Nov 23, 2010
hey, thank you for this great rom, but i'm having slight problems

installed kernel 4.1

my pc doesnt recognize the bluetooth device and most of the apps i download from the market, fail the install.

any help ?

oh and i cant find the option for importing contacts from my simcard

EDIT: fixed the problem, install path for apps was selected external, switched to automatic and everything works

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Being an iphone geek is kinda hard since i never even possesed an Apple product OO

And what do i care about cyanopoop? he hasnt done anything for the wildfire :cool:

And i ment all the things i said ONLY IF he delayed it without any reson other then "im selfish and want to release it with other things".
    if its from another reson then i love him :p

I'm pretty sure there are plenty reasons plenty why its not released yet. selfish? why dont you go ahead and use your time to develop awesome roms and apps that other people have done and stop complaining and wait.