FORUMS

The WP7 TIPS and TRICK'S' Thread

3,455 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,294
 
By ceesheim, Retired Forum Moderator on 22nd October 2010, 10:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th November 2010, 01:45 PM |#62  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I wish there was a way of making the MS apps on the market place the same colour as your theme, I'm really anal so I wont pin anything to my home screen if it doesn't fit with the theme.
6th November 2010, 02:44 PM |#63  
ceesheim's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag No Android Fanboys Please !!!
Thanks Meter: 2,294
 
Donate to Me
More
I got my hd 7 , let the party begin.

LOL: I got my phone from O2 Germany and it isn't branded
8th November 2010, 09:31 AM |#64  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
various tips
  1. If you like an alternative search engine to Bing, create a favourite and prefix the name with say ... - then it will appear at the top.
  2. Syncing tasks and notes with a standalone Outlook is not currently possible. Remember The Milk has an Outlook-cloud sync option, and there is a free WP7 app, but RTM caution against using both.
  3. Syncing web favourites with your desktop is not currently possible.
  4. OneNote does a good job of syncing to Windows Live and back to the phone. You may prefer to keep task, notes and even favourites in it!

HTC Mozart
8th November 2010, 09:34 AM |#65  
pikacz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceesheim

I got my hd 7 , let the party begin.

LOL: I got my phone from O2 Germany and it isn't branded

that's quite normal to me, i've never seen an O2 branded phone only vodafone, orange, t-mobile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlewis58

[1]If you like an alternative search engine to Bing, create a favourite and prefix the name with say ... - then it will appear at the top.

can you explain more please cause i don't understand
8th November 2010, 10:18 PM |#66  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikacz

that's quite normal to me, i've never seen an O2 branded phone only vodafone, orange, t-mobile...



can you explain more please cause i don't understand

The standard search button - on the far right of the phone - uses Bing in the appropriate places. If you want to have easy access to say, Google, in the browser, add it as a favourite, editing the name to be "...Google"
9th November 2010, 03:26 AM |#67  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
I bought a Samsung Focus today. I'm not sure if it'll replace the iPhone 4 or not but I have 30 days to figure it out. Meanwhile, nice thread, thanks!
9th November 2010, 05:20 AM |#68  
Croak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mulberry
Thanks Meter: 272
 
More
1. Buy a Windows Phone 7 device on launch day

2. Discover you can't connect to either your work or home WiFi networks because they are hidden.

3. Discover you can't install Zune x64 software on your work Vista machine without the installer crashing.

4. Discover that the colours on the Surround are waaaay off, red looks like orange, orange looks like yellow.

5. Discover that you can't read more than 4 email headers without scrolling.

6. Discover there is no way to reduce the text size in the email applications.

7. Discover that you can't use the device as portable storage.

8. Discover that when you do get Zune installed at home, your LiveID from the US won't work while you're in Canada.

9. Discover that the market is driven from the X360 points system, and that your confused country status won't even let you purchase points with a credit card.

10. Discover that the points thing is not really an issue, since there's nothing in the market worth paying for anyway.

11. Discover that your fancy speaker-slider phone with kickstand has no landscape menu system when in the Zune media player.

12. Discover that while the front panel of the HTC Surround is aluminium, it does not survive being hurled at a brick wall in frustration.
9th November 2010, 08:36 AM |#69  
ceesheim's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag No Android Fanboys Please !!!
Thanks Meter: 2,294
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croak

1. Buy a Windows Phone 7 device on launch day

2. Discover you can't connect to either your work or home WiFi networks because they are hidden.

3. Discover you can't install Zune x64 software on your work Vista machine without the installer crashing.

4. Discover that the colours on the Surround are waaaay off, red looks like orange, orange looks like yellow.

5. Discover that you can't read more than 4 email headers without scrolling.

6. Discover there is no way to reduce the text size in the email applications.

7. Discover that you can't use the device as portable storage.

8. Discover that when you do get Zune installed at home, your LiveID from the US won't work while you're in Canada.

9. Discover that the market is driven from the X360 points system, and that your confused country status won't even let you purchase points with a credit card.

10. Discover that the points thing is not really an issue, since there's nothing in the market worth paying for anyway.

11. Discover that your fancy speaker-slider phone with kickstand has no landscape menu system when in the Zune media player.

12. Discover that while the front panel of the HTC Surround is aluminium, it does not survive being hurled at a brick wall in frustration.

this is a tips and tricks thread , Not a "I hate my phone" thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to ceesheim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ceesheim Ad-Free
9th November 2010, 08:41 AM |#70  
Croak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mulberry
Thanks Meter: 272
 
More
There are 12 tips there. Really. They all boil down to one though...don't buy one of these.
9th November 2010, 09:26 PM |#71  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croak

7. Discover that you can't use the device as portable storage.

This has been known for quite some time, and if using your phone as a storage device was important to you, something you should have been aware of before you bought it.

It does surprise me how many people buy smartphones with no prior research. I can understand if they have never bought a smartphone before, but if they are moving smartphone platforms, you really need to do your homework to find out if all the things you want to do will be possible on your new device. If you've never bought a smartphone before, then you can't really complain when your phone doesn't do something you probably weren't expecting it to do in the first place.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes