569 posts
Thanks Meter: 363

By neldar, Retired Recognized Developer on 30th October 2010, 10:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th November 2010, 11:59 PM |#21  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 321

More
Just updated and the enable / disable function works fine thanks!

8th November 2010, 12:57 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neldar

What are breathing buttons?

"dimmed" lights - dim up & down .
don't know if this even if possible or more BLN kernel related, but would be really neat.
another option: simple blinking. on and off, without fading in and out .
maybe with a setable frequenzy.
8th November 2010, 01:00 PM |#23  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 321

More
That would be but I'm afraid it's not possible, check out the fist post:

Quote:

Features that this application can not incorporate:

* blinking / fading backlights

9th November 2010, 03:12 AM |#24  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 86

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NunxPT

That would be but I'm afraid it's not possible, check out the fist post:

I'm sure neldar said; when he first started BLN, not Flashing/Blinking would not be possible WITHOUT a LOT of work and coding...

...So... it COULD be done, right neldar?
9th November 2010, 05:14 AM |#25  
Flag Wichita, KS
Thanks Meter: 6

More
If you have low-level control over the soft-key backlights, would it be possible to change their behavior of automatically turning off after 2 seconds. I would like for them to stay on for as long as the screen is on. Having the option to just turn the backlight off altogether would be nice too. I'll donate if there's any chance of this happening.
9th November 2010, 05:22 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I use Doc's Rom JPO v7.6.2 and it's not compatible with BLN app v0.6.6. Any advice?
9th November 2010, 07:49 AM |#27  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLoNe1

I'm sure neldar said; when he first started BLN, not Flashing/Blinking would not be possible WITHOUT a LOT of work and coding...

...So... it COULD be done, right neldar?

Ya, i said that it is not impossible, but effort/cost and use are not in any good relation. beside that the chance is very high (>30%) that the touchkeys controller of your phone is not compatible with the modified touchkey controller firmware.

And i discussed that with somebody (professional) who could modify the touchkey firmwares, but only for i9000.
And he said, it may cost somebody to employ him for this more than 10k euros, and additionally 2 or more phones for tests. i could do that too, but i know hundred things to be more important than this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesun43

If you have low-level control over the soft-key backlights, would it be possible to change their behavior of automatically turning off after 2 seconds. I would like for them to stay on for as long as the screen is on. Having the option to just turn the backlight off altogether would be nice too. I'll donate if there's any chance of this happening.

With little hackery in the touchkey driver that is possible, but the keys then wont turn off once they are enabled and the screen is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephengoo

I use Doc's Rom JPO v7.6.2 and it's not compatible with BLN app v0.6.6. Any advice?

Doc's kernel is the universal-lagfix kernel. Reboot into cwm recovery find the "BLN options" menu and turn bln on.
If 0.6.6 still says not compatible, then DOC is using the old (and deprecated) sysfs of bln - use the v0.5 of this app.
9th November 2010, 03:12 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
More specific info on the Doc Froyo ROM issue.

It uses, by default, hardcore's speedmod kernel, which in turn is indeed based on the universal lagfix kernel.

When trying to use the v0.6.6 application, it says that I have the most recent kernel, but outdated BLN liblights.

Edit: Tested not with the "default" version of hardcore's speedmod kernel, but rather with the latest K1. I suppose it's the same with I1 and I1_1
9th November 2010, 04:36 PM |#29  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronzedDroid

More specific info on the Doc Froyo ROM issue.

It uses, by default, hardcore's speedmod kernel, which in turn is indeed based on the universal lagfix kernel.

When trying to use the v0.6.6 application, it says that I have the most recent kernel, but outdated BLN liblights.

Edit: Tested not with the "default" version of hardcore's speedmod kernel, but rather with the latest K1. I suppose it's the same with I1 and I1_1

I think hardcore included the new liblights, but he forgot to add the script for copying the new liblights, or:
He wants you to manually enable the new liblights.
I think he suggest to boot into cwm recovery and to select turn bln off and then on again in "bln options" menu.
9th November 2010, 04:53 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neldar

I think hardcore included the new liblights, but he forgot to add the script for copying the new liblights, or:
He wants you to manually enable the new liblights.
I think he suggest to boot into cwm recovery and to select turn bln off and then on again in "bln options" menu.

Yes, this worked. I was actively following his thread and this popped up after I asked you (I'm pretty sure). Thanks for your time, good sir.
10th November 2010, 03:43 PM |#31  
Flag chongqing
Thanks Meter: 0

More
blinking / fading backlights is my most desired features,oh how could that be
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)