[Q] Will Gaming on Captivate ever take advantage...

Search This thread

eternalcold

Dec 28, 2009
Hey everyone, i was looking online about the GPU of the Captivate VS. The Iphone 4. If what i read was correct, the captivate has a much better GPU than the iphone. The only thing i was wondering, is will there ever be a real use of this?

I personally would love to have some of the games that are on the iphone on my captivate.

For example, super monkey ball, or those new games coming out by epic games and ID. They have truly astonishing graphics and look really really awesome.

And as a side question, there would be no easy way of porting an ios game to android or running ios on the captivate, right?

koreancanuck

Feb 11, 2010
Vancouver
Hey everyone, i was looking online about the GPU of the Captivate VS. The Iphone 4. If what i read was correct, the captivate has a much better GPU than the iphone. The only thing i was wondering, is will there ever be a real use of this?

I personally would love to have some of the games that are on the iphone on my captivate.

For example, super monkey ball, or those new games coming out by epic games and ID. They have truly astonishing graphics and look really really awesome.

And as a side question, there would be no easy way of porting an ios game to android or running ios on the captivate, right?

It's upto the game developers to take their skills onto android. I hope they will, but android should at least get rid of paid apps piracy in order for that to happen (same thing with iPhone's jailbreaking, but I don't know how the devs there are still staying with iOS)

MaxRabbit

Oct 21, 2010
Austin
Is piracy a problem on Android? It was all over the iPhone community but I've never seen a mention of it here. Anytime anyone mentions it no one thinks it's remotely a good idea because of how open Android is, a pirated app could access any of your data and do whatever it wanted.

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
Is piracy a problem on Android? It was all over the iPhone community but I've never seen a mention of it here. Anytime anyone mentions it no one thinks it's remotely a good idea because of how open Android is, a pirated app could access any of your data and do whatever it wanted.

Unfortunately, it is an issue. Some of the newby XDA members don't read the rules and have been posting links and downloads to apps that they shouldn't be. There's already a few websites set up that perform the same function as Appulo.us and Apptrackr do for the iPhone. And let's not forget the dozens of torrents that are out there. And a pirated app can do the same thing on an iPhone in regards to your data, there have already been a couple cases if I recall about apps "calling home" with your data.

mac208x

Jun 13, 2009
Its becouse they make good money on the ios platform so they dont give a **** about android. Simple

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
that doesnt make sense because there are more android phones than iphones. i think there aren't enough android phones with great gpus quite yet. there are the galaxy s series which are still relitively unknown and not as well recognised as the droid x and iphone. the the droid xz while better than the evo in 3d is still only about half of what the galaxy s phones are doing. the other phones that are near galaxy s performance in that area are the g2 and mytouch 4g which are faster in other areas, but both being on t-mobile restricts the userbase. i think that the gaming will pick up with the introduction of of more htc phones built with the newwer qualcom chips and the introduction of more android tabs. so all in all we will likely be looking at buying our next phones before we take full advantage of this one.

there are already good ports from the pc of older games like quake and doom but the touchscreen controls aren't that good. may be better with a bluetooth game pad.

Last edited: