Flag chongqing
Thanks Meter: 0

More
blinking / fading backlights is my most desired features,oh how could that be
13th November 2010, 11:15 PM |#32  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 363

More
A lot of people have already downloaded the v0.6.6 alpha and I would like to get some feedback, bug reports, etc.
I can not improve the app, if nobody reports problems or gives feedback...

Btw:
If you find an issue, please report it here:
https://github.com/neldar/backlightnotification/issues

or here in this thread.
13th November 2010, 11:17 PM |#33  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 321

More
I've been using the enable / disable funcion everyday to disable BLN during night, and I never had any problems with it. It always works like a charm
13th November 2010, 11:26 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello,

Ideally it would be able to turn it off every night at a certain time and wake in the morning automatically to another time.

++
16th November 2010, 11:35 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Integration with Tasker
Neldar - have you considered integration with tasker/ The API is pretty simple

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/developers.html

If you exposed BLN ON / BLN OFF via Tasker API, then you would not have to invest time in schedules, events, etc. to enable and disable it since Tasker already has all those functions.

Basically I already have a tasker task for "overnight" that changes some settings and would liek to enable / disable BLN as well. I could do it via a plugin script to Tasker but having the nice "plugin" integration is nice.
18th November 2010, 08:00 PM |#36  
Flag Webster, NY
Thanks Meter: 108

Donate to Me
More
Cool
Hey thanks for making this! I just donated to you. The feature that I would like to see (and I'm sure many others who haven't read this thread) is the ability to shut off the BLN's while you're on a call (to get rid of the buzzing noise they make). I figure this is why you have the prox sensor mentioned. Not sure if Prox sensor is the best way to go because the Buzzing happens on Speakerphone too. Perhaps you can find a way to disable BLN's while on a call, via sensing if the phone app is in foreground? Something like that? :shrugs: I'm no dev.

Thanks in advance.
18th November 2010, 09:58 PM |#37  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunes

Neldar - have you considered integration with tasker/ The API is pretty simple

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/developers.html

If you exposed BLN ON / BLN OFF via Tasker API, then you would not have to invest time in schedules, events, etc. to enable and disable it since Tasker already has all those functions.

Basically I already have a tasker task for "overnight" that changes some settings and would liek to enable / disable BLN as well. I could do it via a plugin script to Tasker but having the nice "plugin" integration is nice.

I will have a look at the tasker plugin api.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus

Hey thanks for making this! I just donated to you. The feature that I would like to see (and I'm sure many others who haven't read this thread) is the ability to shut off the BLN's while you're on a call (to get rid of the buzzing noise they make). I figure this is why you have the prox sensor mentioned. Not sure if Prox sensor is the best way to go because the Buzzing happens on Speakerphone too. Perhaps you can find a way to disable BLN's while on a call, via sensing if the phone app is in foreground? Something like that? :shrugs: I'm no dev.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the donation.
I will also take look at that issue.
20th November 2010, 10:13 AM |#38  
Flag Leiden
Thanks Meter: 12

More
neldar, have you made any progress on the scheduler? I saw in the latest app that it's still to be implemented.
22nd November 2010, 03:00 AM |#39  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woeds

neldar, have you made any progress on the scheduler? I saw in the latest app that it's still to be implemented.

Is still in development.

You may have noticed, that the name of this app has changed from "BLN settings app" to "BLN control - Free" (and Pro).

And secondly you may have received an update notice from the app.
That update notification will point you to the market. There you can get the latest Free release.

And there are now two versions:
* Free: enables/disables the BLN function and can test BLN, but nothing else
* Pro: under further development, this version will incorporate all the features listed in OP (and costs 0,5 € ~ 0,7 $ - a fair tribute for my work)
22nd November 2010, 01:35 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Blinking on certain buttons for specific notifications would be awesome.
22nd November 2010, 04:35 PM |#41  
Flag Bergamo
Thanks Meter: 8

More
2 possible features for the paid version:
-integration with locale, which is quite similar to tasker.
-single blinking (is it possible?) e.g. only left button blinking for texts.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)