FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Should I update Azrael right away to the newest 3.30 OTA?

Yes, I want the latest and greatest!

362 Vote(s)
90.95%
No, how many ROMS are you going to make up download?

36 Vote(s)
9.05%

[ROM] OmegaEVO v1.1 [[NEW 3.30.651.3 OTA]] [[Froyo 2.2]] Updated 11/15/2010

1,226 posts
Thanks Meter: 271

By ricsim78, Senior Member on 7th October 2010, 09:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th November 2010, 01:30 AM |#1671  
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
is it possible that i will get charged for using it
19th November 2010, 01:57 AM |#1672  
Flag North Dakota
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I hafta say I am thinking you have just an issue with this ROM cause I am running the newest update and have hardware version 0003 and my battery life is AWESUM running off Sprint Lover ROM. With your ROM I was lucky if I could get 8 hour stand-by time on my battery with no use.
19th November 2010, 02:12 AM |#1673  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago Heights, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-vious_dee

I hafta say I am thinking you have just an issue with this ROM cause I am running the newest update and have hardware version 0003 and my battery life is AWESUM running off Sprint Lover ROM. With your ROM I was lucky if I could get 8 hour stand-by time on my battery with no use.

There is no issue with this ROM and nothing running in the background to kill battery.

This is basically a tweaked version of the OTA ROM but I added nothing that runs in the background or that eats up battery.

No idea why your experience was poor for battery but did you see my Azrael ROM?
The Following User Says Thank You to ricsim78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ricsim78 Ad-Free
19th November 2010, 02:38 AM |#1674  
Flag North Dakota
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsim78

There is no issue with this ROM and nothing running in the background to kill battery.

This is basically a tweaked version of the OTA ROM but I added nothing that runs in the background or that eats up battery.

No idea why your experience was poor for battery but did you see my Azrael ROM?

Just prefer the 3.30 ROM.
I had posted a question in the forum asking people if they were having problems with terrible battery life since the update and alot say their battery life is just as good if not better and that is people with the Hardware versions 003 and even 002. So I don't know if maybe you want to check a little more into this ROM.
19th November 2010, 02:52 AM |#1675  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago Heights, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-vious_dee

Just prefer the 3.30 ROM.
I had posted a question in the forum asking people if they were having problems with terrible battery life since the update and alot say their battery life is just as good if not better and that is people with the Hardware versions 003 and even 002. So I don't know if maybe you want to check a little more into this ROM.

I don't need to, I used it myself.

Both of my ROMS are identical except for the base used.

With Omega and the 3.30 base, I was experiencing unexplainable fast battery draw. I experienced the same with a few other 3.30 roms, (including the Deodexed 3.30 OTA). So it is not my ROM, it is the 3.30 kernels and base.

With Azrael, my battery life is back to being just as good if not better than ever before I started using 3.30. Considering they are identical, if there was something running in the background killing battery, Azael would have the same problem. I even used the same method to optimize them.

I also am enjoying better downloads that work first time, and the 3.29 base works perfect for my phone.

Some report Omega works better and their phone has better battery life. If Omega had a "problem", there would be more reports of it.

So please do not try and tell me it is my ROM or tell me I need to check my ROM. You like the 3.30 base better because it is newer and you probably think that is why it is better. I have checked and tested my ROMS.

You know how I know also? I am not the only one who is saying now that I brought back the 3.29 base that their phone is working better again.

The 3.30 OTA is not made for older phones, it is intended for the new hardware 0004 (and some later 0003 hardware) that uses a different camera chip. There is nothing "better" about the 3.30 OTA. It is newer, but not latest and greatest.

3.30 is designed for phones that have this new camera chip. This is why some are reporting problems with third party camera apps with the 3.30 base and 0004 hardware. Now if you are running 0004 hardware, I bet OmegaEVO would be better than Azrael.

The kernel has a lot more to do with battery than a ROM does, I bet your phone simply does not like the HTC #17 kernel that OmegaEvo uses.
19th November 2010, 02:54 AM |#1676  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago Heights, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadm424

is it possible that i will get charged for using it

No, it requires a sign up.
The Following User Says Thank You to ricsim78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ricsim78 Ad-Free
23rd November 2010, 03:51 PM |#1677  
chicago
Thanks Meter: 83

More
just got my evo 4g friday rooted and tried believo rom and sprint lovers and battery life is a real downgrade from my old mytouch slide and 3gs. i saw you guys posting above me about battery life on this rom anyone else think itll be better than the ones im using? the undervolt driver is something id consider trying if i knew exactly what it does and if i can flash it over other kernals besides stock ones. lol idk

also anyone got any screen shots?
21st December 2010, 08:24 PM |#1678  
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Ricsim
will you be making an updated rom with the 3.70?
21st December 2010, 08:54 PM |#1679  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadm424

Ricsim
will you be making an updated rom with the 3.70?

Azrael has been updated with the 3.70 build. Have you checked that one out?
5th January 2011, 06:06 AM |#1680  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
that rom is hella sexy
15th August 2019, 09:20 PM |#1681  
Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer / Un-Recognized Hacker - Free Your Mind
Flag The Matrix
Thanks Meter: 32,775

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessaem

So far I like this ROM, however, I have a weird problem. When I try to drag down to the trash, hold to uninstall an app, the app won't uninstall. Does anyone know what could be the issue?

Have you turned it off and back on again?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
azrael, evo, f5 tornado fast rom, jaw dropper, new standard, ricsim78, rom, stupid fast rom, this rom has swag

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)