New EURO Firmware - P1000XXJM6 - UPDATED

Search This thread

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
You are flashing the below at YOUR OWN RISK

This is only for the Euro version, at&t version, T-mobile version or any other GSM version of the Tab. this is NOT for any CDMA version.

This is a new Tab firmware that just leaked out (P1000XXJM6)

So far the know pros are:

1) THE BROWSER IF FINALLY FIXED! it is very smooth even with flash. i am very impressed.
2) Users are reporting new widgets.
3) The drop down drawer is smoother.
4) New readers hub
5) tweaked email client
6) better camera focus?
7) ROM feels very smooth.

Update 11/29/2010

This is an updated package which should be safer to flash via Odin.
All credits are going to Richthofen who compiled this package for us.

As it seems that original package posted in this thread was not intended to be flashed via Odin.
Samsung has introduced a new FW programming method which also supports the upcoming phones. I don´t know if it is already supported by the newest Kies version.
The new format is basically the same as Odin only smarter with a few tricks and more stable.

Richthofen has prepared a new package for us that is flashable via Odin and should work much better with less problems.

Below are the download links and instructions for everything you need to flash P1000XXJM6.

1) Download the the file HERE and extract the it
2) Inside the ZIP you will find Odin 1.7 + PIT file + PDA +Modem + CSC files.
3) Open Odin, select the PIT file + PDA + Modem + CSC into their respective places.
4) Make sure repartition is CHECKED.
5) put the phone in download mode and connect it to your computer. start flashing.
6) The device will reboot. If you are getting tons of FC's on boot, reboot into recovery and do a factory reset.

Done.

** You can root using SuperOneClick method. Other methods do not work at this time.
**If you are on at&t and using the at&t model, please reflash the Bell modem to gain 850Mhz back.

Last edited:

rgbc

Jun 15, 2009
Vancouver
Please be advised that i have not yet tested this firmware so i don't know if it works and i am not responsible if it bricks your Tab!!!

The brave ones are welcome to try and report back.
It was originally labeled as P1000XXJM9 on the Samsung FUS server however it looks like it is P1000XXJM6.

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/OO6CWYBQYN
Release date: 11/25/2010

Flash: latest Odin with no repartition (as this does not look like it is a full flash). No PIT file needed as it is not a full flash.

Taking one for the team here, flash failed, Tab totally unresponsive.

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
Sorry it failed.
can u detail the below please:

- what is your tab model?
- are u still able to into download mode to flash to a working firmware ?
- are u sure you did not select repartition when flashing?

rgbc

Jun 15, 2009
Vancouver
Sorry it failed.
can u detail the below please:

- what is your tab model?
Bell Tab running P1000XXJK5
- are u still able to into download mode to flash to a working firmware ?
Unable to boot, access recovery or download mode, screen black, computer and Odin do not recognize cable connection.
- are u sure you did not select repartition when flashing?
Did not repartition.

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
Can u detail exactly how you flashed this?
Which Odin version ?
Repartirion or not?
Which tab model do you have ?

cezarc1

Sep 28, 2004
flashed with odin 1.7 , no repartition. After flash tab reboot in download mode again.
Flashed again but only dbdata .

risq

Oct 25, 2010
Basingstoke
Ok,

Got the latest version installed by flashing the latest update with odin, then flashing dbdata.rfs afterwards....

only thing is, it's now causing launcherpro and other apps to force close, so I'm going to re-flash JJ4 / JK5 clean then re-apply this update.

Justin^Tan

Jul 14, 2010
im guessing its not from samfirmware?
JM is kinda weird since on samsung code JM means J = 2010 and M = 13th month which is ......
K is november and L should be the latest one >.< (december)
where did you get this one anyway?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You are flashing the below at YOUR OWN RISK

This is only for the Euro version, at&t version, T-mobile version or any other GSM version of the Tab. this is NOT for any CDMA version.

This is a new Tab firmware that just leaked out (P1000XXJM6)

So far the know pros are:

1) THE BROWSER IF FINALLY FIXED! it is very smooth even with flash. i am very impressed.
    2) Users are reporting new widgets.
    3) The drop down drawer is smoother.
    4) New readers hub
    5) tweaked email client
    6) better camera focus?
    7) ROM feels very smooth.

Update 11/29/2010

This is an updated package which should be safer to flash via Odin.
    All credits are going to Richthofen who compiled this package for us.

As it seems that original package posted in this thread was not intended to be flashed via Odin.
    Samsung has introduced a new FW programming method which also supports the upcoming phones. I don´t know if it is already supported by the newest Kies version.
    The new format is basically the same as Odin only smarter with a few tricks and more stable.

Richthofen has prepared a new package for us that is flashable via Odin and should work much better with less problems.

Below are the download links and instructions for everything you need to flash P1000XXJM6.

1) Download the the file HERE and extract the it
    2) Inside the ZIP you will find Odin 1.7 + PIT file + PDA +Modem + CSC files.
    3) Open Odin, select the PIT file + PDA + Modem + CSC into their respective places.
    4) Make sure repartition is CHECKED.
    5) put the phone in download mode and connect it to your computer. start flashing.
    6) The device will reboot. If you are getting tons of FC's on boot, reboot into recovery and do a factory reset.

Done.

** You can root using SuperOneClick method. Other methods do not work at this time.
    **If you are on at&t and using the at&t model, please reflash the Bell modem to gain 850Mhz back.
    just flashed, browser MUCH better , smooth scrolling on engadget :).
    You need to flash dbdata from this post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9305891&postcount=1
    I just selected the PIT file and started, no other files.

It then came straight back to life ;)
    I needed to edit the build.prop file manually to change the density.

So what have U done - where can i find build.prop and what do U have changed? Thanx for helping me!
    So I flashed this on to my AT&T tab.

It's werid tho, during boot, the AT&T flash blinked quickly twice, then the screen stays dark.

30 Seconds later I can see the 4 touch buttons light up an then I am able to use the power button to turn on the screen.

So it works, but no samsung boot animation and I Have to power on the screen myself....

Is this normal?

EDIT: Also, when I boot into recovery, it's just a blank screen although "adb devices" says the device is there and in recovery mode.

I had stupidly installed the beta clockwork recovery, but flashed back to the stock AT&T firmware that was just posted to try and remove it. After I flashed back to the stock AT&T formware, I was able to see the recovery screen just fine. I re-flashed JF6 but now I can't see boot animation or recovery screen.

Any ideas how to fix this?

-James

Seems like you came straight from an at&t stock firmware which is not good.
    You need need to have come from a EURO firmware like JJ4 BEFORE flashing this.
    Try to flash JJ4 without repartition and then upgrade back to this one.
    I hope it will solve the issue.