[APP] Flip4Silence - Mute incoming calls via a flip/shake | [HELP NEEDED]

Search This thread

Luminger

Oct 13, 2010
Flip4Silence enabled you to flip or shake an incoming call silent! It can also reduce the ringtone volume if you pick up your phone!

Unlike all the other ones I know Flip4Silence do not stress your battery. It's only active when you need it. This got some drawbacks... but hey, it works quiet well!

About "mute via flip/shake":
A friend of mine changed his good old WM6.5 phone into a Android powered device and was annoyed that you can't flip a call silent with a AOSP - now here it is, without the battery stress :cool:

About "reduce on pickup":
Someone with an HD2 told me that his phone got this "reduces volume on pick up" feature and I searched the market to find an app for android... Didn't find anything, wrote it myself! Hope you like it too!

Supported android versions: 1.6 and above
Link to Market: Link

Version 1.6.1
- The collection phase is over, thanks everyone for sharing!

Version 1.6.0
- Added "Improve F4S". It would be great if you could help me!
- UI rework
- Maybe fixed "volume not restored" problem
- The fakevibrator used by the "pickup" feature is now stopped when F4S snaps in

Version 1.5.1
- Gingerbread is now supported!
- Fixed 2 rare force closes

Version 1.5.0
- Fixed that "Vibrate only in silent mode" is not a valid mode to enable the pick up volume reducer
- Fixed a bug where the ringer volume is set to early to its normal value
- Fixed the pick up volume reducer behavior
- Fixed shortcut to the audio settings on 1.6
- Added sensitivity settings for the pick up volume reducer
- Added vibration as an option if the pick up volume reducer can't operate
- Minor UI rework

Features:
* flip or shake your phone to mute it (3 modes)
* Pick your phone up from the table and it reduces its volume!
* notifications after hang up (vibration/sound)
* extra battery friendly

Suppoerted modes:
* Mute a call when your phone is laying on its display
* Mute a call when you flip your phone from one side to the oder
* Or mute via a shake

Any feedback/wish/bugreport is welcome!

Attachments

• marketqr.png
    marketqr.png
    496 bytes · Views: 934
  • Flip4Silence-1.4.3.apk
    50.4 KB · Views: 541
  • Flip4Silence-1.4.4.apk
    51.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Flip4Silence-1.5.0.apk
    56.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Flip4Silence-1.5.1.apk
    56.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Flip4Silence-1.6.0.apk
    79.4 KB · Views: 959
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 904
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 746
  • Flip4Silence-1.6.1.apk
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,756
Last edited:

hayer

Oct 5, 2008
This wont work on my device: HTC MAGIC, I am confident it has an accelerometer and magnetic sensor because other apps use these features do you have any suggestions?

Luminger

Oct 13, 2010
This wont work on my device: HTC MAGIC, I am confident it has an accelerometer and magnetic sensor because other apps use these features do you have any suggestions?

Hm, it seems that something is wrong with the sensorcheck. You are sadly not the only with this issue but the only one who got in contact with me (thanks for this, looking at the comments and see "does not work" is not very nice :/).

I got some questions to investigate this problem:

1) Am I right that the magic is currently on froyo? You got which version?
2) Am I right that a dialog is shown which says "Sorry, no accelerometer and/or magnetic field sensor found"?
3) As you sad other apps are working, which for example (something that uses the phone orientation)?

Currently I have no idea why the code is working on my device (N1) and the milestones I got for testing here...

For the technical people who might have an idea: I'm currently using SensorManager.getDefaultSensor() with the SENSOR_ACCELEROMETER and SENSOR_MAGNETIC_FIELD constants, any idea why this might not work?

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
Tested on i7500 with 2.2.1 GAOSP.

It lowers the volume when I take it in my hand.
It doesn't mute when flipped.
It does mute when shaked.

Excelent work ! Thanks !

Luminger

Oct 13, 2010
I attached Version 1.4.1 which hopefully fix the issue many people reported. It would be nice if anyone with the message "Sorry your device is unsupported" can try this one and report back how it performs.

Attachments

• Flip4Silence-1.4.1.apk
    50.5 KB · Views: 72

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
I've tested it on my LG Optimus One P500.

It works great but there is a little bug.

I have only enabled the option to reduce volume when picking it up. After 1-2 calls, the volume remains lowered. It doesn't come back to normal, I have to raise the ringtone level manual from the hardkeys. Hope you understood.

It is an excelent app ! Thank you !

Reactions: Luminger

Luminger

Oct 13, 2010
Yea, sounds like a bug as F4S should move the volume back to the previous level. I will take a look this evening, thank you for the report!

Reactions: ne0m4n

Luminger

Oct 13, 2010

I have only enabled the option to reduce volume when picking it up. After 1-2 calls, the volume remains lowered. It doesn't come back to normal, I have to raise the ringtone level manual from the hardkeys. Hope you understood.

I really hope that you can fix it.

Thank you !

Just wanted to inform you and everyone interested that I'm currently reworking F4S to work around those bugs. Currently I have no clue where this behaviour came from but I think it will be fixed with the rework.

so it's like one of the feature from HTC Sense, right?

gotta try it when I use clean build with no sense.. :D

It is suposed to be like the HTC Sense yea, don't know if its working in exact the same way (as I never have seen the Sense config dialog :D).

Luminger

Oct 13, 2010

1.4.4 is out now which should fix your issue. I managed to reproduce the error by accident and reworked the code at this place - seems to be fixed with 1.4.4.

Reactions: c00ller

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
1.4.4 is out now which should fix your issue. I managed to reproduce the error by accident and reworked the code at this place - seems to be fixed with 1.4.4.

1.4.4 appears to keep the "Reduce volume" option always grayed out. That's really the only feature I want from the app, and before this version I had enable flip4silence unchecked and only reduce volume checked.

Luminger

Oct 13, 2010
1.4.4 appears to keep the "Reduce volume" option always grayed out. That's really the only feature I want from the app, and before this version I had enable flip4silence unchecked and only reduce volume checked.

Hm, doesn't sound good...

Are you sure the ringer vibration is off? Off should be the only option F4S accepts.
Did you managed it to get it working when you change the F4S settings ore the vibration settings?
Which device on which version, ROM?

Sorry that I broke it for you, but it's working perfectly on my Nexus One here :-/

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Oh, never mind! Somehow my ringer vibration became enabled again before I updated the app. Great app :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flip4Silence enabled you to flip or shake an incoming call silent! It can also reduce the ringtone volume if you pick up your phone!

Unlike all the other ones I know Flip4Silence do not stress your battery. It's only active when you need it. This got some drawbacks... but hey, it works quiet well!

About "mute via flip/shake":
    A friend of mine changed his good old WM6.5 phone into a Android powered device and was annoyed that you can't flip a call silent with a AOSP - now here it is, without the battery stress :cool:

About "reduce on pickup":
    Someone with an HD2 told me that his phone got this "reduces volume on pick up" feature and I searched the market to find an app for android... Didn't find anything, wrote it myself! Hope you like it too!

Supported android versions: 1.6 and above
    Link to Market: Link

Version 1.6.1
    - The collection phase is over, thanks everyone for sharing!

Version 1.6.0
    - Added "Improve F4S". It would be great if you could help me!
    - UI rework
    - Maybe fixed "volume not restored" problem
    - The fakevibrator used by the "pickup" feature is now stopped when F4S snaps in

Version 1.5.1
    - Gingerbread is now supported!
    - Fixed 2 rare force closes

Version 1.5.0
    - Fixed that "Vibrate only in silent mode" is not a valid mode to enable the pick up volume reducer
    - Fixed a bug where the ringer volume is set to early to its normal value
    - Fixed the pick up volume reducer behavior
    - Fixed shortcut to the audio settings on 1.6
    - Added sensitivity settings for the pick up volume reducer
    - Added vibration as an option if the pick up volume reducer can't operate
    - Minor UI rework

Features:
    * flip or shake your phone to mute it (3 modes)
    * Pick your phone up from the table and it reduces its volume!
    * notifications after hang up (vibration/sound)
    * extra battery friendly

Suppoerted modes:
    * Mute a call when your phone is laying on its display
    * Mute a call when you flip your phone from one side to the oder
    * Or mute via a shake

Any feedback/wish/bugreport is welcome!
    I will try to find out when this occurs and I'll let you know.

Just to inform you: I think I have an idea why this happens - I made a small and very minor change but it may help but I don't think it's the root of this bug...

For all: 1.5.1 is out which should add gingerbread support (and some fc's)! As I wrote previous the android team moved the MODIFY_PHONE_STATE permission to "system only" - F4S now uses the old way to mute the ringer on gingerbread.

Yea, sounds like a bug as F4S should move the volume back to the previous level. I will take a look this evening, thank you for the report!
    You have to disable the ringer vibration to get the pickup feature working. It is a restriction I build it this way because the vibration made to much trouble. Hope this helps :)