FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Poll Followup - Post your Samsung Vibrant ROM review HERE!

512 posts
Thanks Meter: 68

By swehes, Senior Member on 29th November 2010, 08:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So for a follow up to the Poll that are currently running at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=850556, please if you want to help other make an educated decision, write a review of the ROM you are running.

If you are a daily flasher
(you can take that however you want ) you are more than welcome to write multiple reviews. Or if you are keeping your own website with reviews please post a link.

This thread is going onto the WIKI to help people in their search for their perfect ROM.

WIKI Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...axy_S_SGH-T959

A quick outline that you can use:
Name of the ROM
Version of the ROM
Summary
Kernel you are running with your ROM
Any extra modifications that doesn't come with the ROM
Pros
Cons
Any screen shots if available

30th November 2010, 01:22 AM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Houston, Tx
Thanks Meter: 2,711

Donate to Me
More
ROM: Onyx
Version: 4.2
Summary:Basically a smooth Froyo based ROM developed by Team Whiskey. Its the TouchWiz-less brother ROM of Obsidian ...the best ROM i ever had....in my opinion the best one out there.
Kernel: ULF(Universal Lag-Fix) - Ported from the i9000 ROMS...
Extra Mods: BlackFroyo Theme, JI6 modem
Pros: Too many to list....never had a problem with freezing and the ROM is super fast without any lagfixes and is lightning with a lagfix..it even comes with the modified ULF..thanks to the ULF kernel....you may pick the lagfix you want....ranging from OCLF, simple EXT2 or EXT4, are even Overkill JFS which i am running now.
Cons: I was 1/20 people that got their internal SD cards wiped...this was a kernel issue not a ROM issue...the warning was present but not attention grabbing....a PC backup is recommended.
Screens:

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
rom review, samsung vibrant rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)