FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] CHTEditor v1.8.5.1 [UPDATE 19-JUN-2010]

13,948 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,173

By Archer, Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator / (Un)recognised Pole Dancer on 15th February 2010, 09:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th November 2010, 03:20 AM |#2051  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
CHT editor
in one of the tabs i can add the misc. app which says lock device i pressed it but i dont know how to undo it i cant use my touch screen when it comes to calls :/ any help on how to undo it?

28th November 2010, 03:39 AM |#2052  

More
in one of the tabs i can add the misc. app which says lock device i pressed it but i dont know how to undo it i cant use my touch screen when it comes to calls :/ any help on how to undo it?
1st December 2010, 07:09 AM |#2053  
Flag Livorno

More
CHT editor 1.8.5.1 crashes when I apply changes.
It didn't when I installed it originally, but now I do not know which app or mod could cause the crash.
Any hints on how to solve the problem?
Thank you very much

PS. After trying various options I decided to uninstall CHT and CHT editor and install them again.
It seems it worked, the issue disappeared.
1st December 2010, 04:52 PM |#2054  
Flag Busan, Korea
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Command Line export import
EDIT. READ FIRST: I might have posted this in a wrong place, I actually tried this on CHT 2.0.0.0. I am not sure if this will work on older versions.. Try it on your own risk.

As i lost a couple of hours and dozen of HRs to figure this out i thought to post it here in case someone searches for it:
The correct syntax for commands to include in you mortscript files are (for automated import, export of settings in XDA_UC let's say):

For EXPORT
Lnk = "/EXPORT ""Storage card\XDA_UC\CHTSettings,cht"""
Run( "\Program Files\CHTEditor\CHTEditor.exe", Lnk )

For IMPORT
Lnk = " /IMPORT ""Storage card\XDA_UC\CHTSettings.cht"""
Run( "\Program Files\CHTEditor\CHTEditor.exe", Lnk )

* note, that this will create file in XDA_UC folder, if you are using something else or another filename (I wonder why) then change accordingly.
** you would rather include chtrestart.exe command at the end of import..
The Following User Says Thank You to lusjash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lusjash Ad-Free
27th January 2011, 03:54 PM |#2055  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
how do i produce a cab file from the download? All i get is a bunch of files zipped up and when i un zip them all i get is the same bunch of files with no cab file, what am I doing wrong pls?
The Following User Says Thank You to barryhd2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift barryhd2 Ad-Free
28th January 2011, 09:10 AM |#2056  
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Installing CAB Files
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryhd2

when i un zip them all i get is the same bunch of files with no cab file, what am I doing wrong pls?

If - as it sounds - you're trying to unzip the download file for CHT that's where you're going wrong! A CAB file does 'look like' a ZIP folder, but all you have to do is copy it to your phone and then run it from there.

Hope that helps.
29th January 2011, 09:36 PM |#2057  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator / (Un)recognised Pole Dancer
Flag Northamptonshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryhd2

how do i produce a cab file from the download? All i get is a bunch of files zipped up and when i un zip them all i get is the same bunch of files with no cab file, what am I doing wrong pls?

AHHH!!!! Thanks right next to quote, AGAIN! I fail, lol.

Anyway, as Werdna72 said, it actually is a CAB file, not a zip file. CAB files are the zip method of choice by Microsoft for their WM apps.

Just do as he said and you'll be fine. Incidentally, have you already installed CHT?
11th February 2011, 09:34 PM |#2058  
Prague

More
Thumbs up Great job!
This is what I was looking for last few weeks...now I can fully appriciate the functionality of my new HTC Touch Pro 2
12th February 2011, 06:59 PM |#2059  

More
Hi,

I flashed my Jade 3G right now with Megade 2.0G, and I was looking for such tool. But it seems to me it doesnt work on this rom.
I get always an error like "an unexpected error has occurred in chteditor.exe"

even I tried to install the last version, from the first post. But with this version I get an error that framework doesnt work.

Is there someone whith the same rom, and it works at all?

thanks
14th February 2011, 10:05 AM |#2060  

More
Problem
I have installed Cookies Home tab v 1.8.5. When I install CHT editor, my sense couldn´t start at phone startup. Any ideas?
14th February 2011, 11:13 PM |#2061  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator / (Un)recognised Pole Dancer
Flag Northamptonshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by life28

I have installed Cookies Home tab v 1.8.5. When I install CHT editor, my sense couldn´t start at phone startup. Any ideas?

Uninstall CHT and the re-install it. Some manila files are modified during installation and there are occasional problems with it, but an uninstall and re-install should fix it. Don't worry about CHTEditor - that doesn't affect manila at all.

Hope this helps
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup quicklinks, co0kie's home tab, editor, export quicklinks, manila

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)