StreakMod Recovery

Search This thread

mistadman

Nov 30, 2006
Thanks Fards and mancterrier for the feedback.

Fards, can you post a copy of the recovery.log. If you go to the "advance" menu and then click "report error." The file recovery.log will be copied to the root of the sdcard. Please post the contents of the file in this thread.

Thanks!

gingernator007

Sep 4, 2009
North West
1.4.5 flashes fine so it's no a big problem but it might be something to look at. Here's the log, doesn't look like it explains much though...

Starting recovery on Wed Nov 24 18:44:21 2010
framebuffer: fd 4 (800 x 480)
v0.3.1.2
Command: "/sbin/recovery"

ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=0
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1
ro.build.id=FRG83
ro.build.display.id=streak-userdebug 2.2.1 FRG83 eng.mistadman.20101025.223050 test-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.mistadman.20101025.223050
ro.build.version.sdk=8
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=2.2.1
ro.build.date=Mon Oct 25 22:50:50 CDT 2010
ro.build.date.utc=1288065050
ro.build.type=userdebug
ro.build.user=mistadman
ro.build.host=da1
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=Dell Streak
ro.product.brand=dell
ro.product.name=streak
ro.product.device=streak
ro.product.board=QSD8250_SURF
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=Dell Inc.
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=qsd8k
ro.build.product=streak
ro.build.description=streak-userdebug 2.2.1 FRG83 eng.mistadman.20101025.223050 test-keys
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libril-qc-1.so
rild.libargs=-d /dev/smd0
persist.rild.nitz_plmn=
persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_0=
persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_1=
persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_2=
persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_3=
persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_0=
persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_1=
persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_2=
persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_3=
DEVICE_PROVISIONED=1
debug.sf.hw=1
dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m
ro.sf.lcd_density=160
ro.url.legal=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/phone-legal.html
ro.url.legal.android_privacy=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/privacy.html
ro.opengles.version=131072
keyguard.no_require_sim=true
ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL
ro.com.google.locationfeatures=1
ro.com.google.networklocation=1
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=120
dalvik.vm.lockprof.threshold=500
net.bt.name=Android
net.change=net.bt.name
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
ro.factorytest=0
ro.serialno=
ro.bootmode=unknown
ro.baseband=unknown
ro.carrier=unknown
ro.bootloader=unknown
ro.hardware=qcom
ro.revision=0
ro.emmc=0
init.svc.recovery=running
wifi.interface=wlan0
init.svc.adbd=running

-- Installing: SDCARD:update-1.4.2.zip
I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"
Finding update package...
I:Update location: SDCARD:update-1.4.2.zip
Opening update package...
I:Update file path: /sdcard/update-1.4.2.zip
I:1 key(s) loaded from /res/keys
Verifying update package...
I:verify_file returned 1
E:signature verification failed
E:may need to disable signature verification
Installation aborted.
I:Setting location: CACHE:recovery/.no_verify
I:Signature check disabled (creating: /cache/recovery/.no_verify).

-- Installing: SDCARD:update-1.4.2.zip
I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"
Finding update package...
I:Update location: SDCARD:update-1.4.2.zip
Opening update package...
I:Update file path: /sdcard/update-1.4.2.zip
Installing update...
Installation aborted.

-- Wiping cache...
Formatting CACHE:...
rm: can't remove '.' or '..'
rm: can't remove '.' or '..'
Cache wipe complete.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

mistadman

Nov 30, 2006
Any news on fixing the error when flashing incremental zips (i.e. not entire roms)?

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App
@gingernator007,

Actually, I didn't realize the issue of ROM updates not applying correctly was tied to the fact that they were not complete ROM updates.

Can you provide me with a link to a particular update.zip/ROM update that is not updating correctly via my recovery.

Thanks for hanging in there with me!

mistadman

Nov 30, 2006

odyseus

Dec 29, 2005
WHITELEY
Well for me Nandroid seems to backup my ROM, however when I try to restore them, after reboot I get loads and loads of Force Closures???
When I used Clockwork Recovery and tried to restore a ROM backup, I got a MD5 checksum error and it bombed out??
So I don't have a way to backup/restore ROM's which is a real pain! Any other alternatives (I guess I'll have to use Titanium as a start?)

xenolala

Nov 26, 2010
Hi developers !
Sorry english is not good
My dell streak No recovery. I'm installing clockworkmode recovery via Fastboot . Once the device says. ' download recovery done! ' . but pressing and holding both volume up and down while holding the power button. device only logo dell . I hold and wait ten minutes not appear .

cheetah2k

May 27, 2008
Brisbane
Well, I tried to install CW recovery, but everytime I went to select one of the items on the list, the screen went blank.. CW recovery is Rubbish IMO. Is there an alternative so that I can get the performance kernel installed???

mistadman

Nov 30, 2006
Well for me Nandroid seems to backup my ROM, however when I try to restore them, after reboot I get loads and loads of Force Closures???
When I used Clockwork Recovery and tried to restore a ROM backup, I got a MD5 checksum error and it bombed out??
So I don't have a way to backup/restore ROM's which is a real pain! Any other alternatives (I guess I'll have to use Titanium as a start?)
@odyseus,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues :-( I have updated the recovery with some enhancements that will hopefully prevent the kind of issue you are experiencing.

odyseus

Dec 29, 2005
WHITELEY
@odyseus,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues :-( I have updated the recovery with some enhancements that will hopefully prevent the kind of issue you are experiencing.

If you can fix it nandroid for me that would be brilliant! Cheers
Ody

I'm giving the new version a try, just done a nandroid backup, followed by a full reset, now attempting to restore the backup..hope it works, otherwise I'll be re-installing 1.4.6 again!

Last edited:

odyseus

Dec 29, 2005
WHITELEY
mistadman!
You are a god ! It bloody well works perfectly now! At long last I can do a sucessfull Nandroid backup!
If you want a donation for your hard work let me know how !
All the best
Ody

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [size=+2] ** UPDATE ** [/size]
    Needless to say, this project has been abandoned. However, please note the source for my contribution has been shared since day one and is still available (https://github.com/davidmroth). While I'm not available to provide individual support, I am more to happy to provide support of any new projects based off the Dell StreakMod Recovery source. Thanks you all for your support and encouragement!

[size=+2]INTRODUCTION[/size]
    Here is a little project I have been working on for quite sometime now. It's another Recovery based on work from Koush (Clockwork). My goal was to create a Dell Streak specific implementation with a stock look and feel.

This is in early development and I am pretty sure it has bugs :( But hopefully, with feed back from the XDA community, this can become great tool.

[size=+2]FEATURES[/size]
    • Landscape orientation
    • Capacitive buttons
    • First stage of the two stage camera button works
    • Signature verification setting survives reboot (disabled by default) - Good suggestion gingernator007!
    • More to come!

In keeping with the open source spirit, the source is available @ https://github.com/davidmroth. Any suggestions or feedback will be greatly appreciated! Also, I will accept patches and contributions.

[size=+2]HOW TO INSTALL THE RECOVERY[/size]
    • Unzip and flash with: fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img
    • Reboot with: fastboot -i 0x413c reboot
    • Hold down the keys "volume up" and "volume down" simultaneously while rebooting.
    • Select "Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD Card" in the menu
    • At the Dell Logo press the power button and you will be presented with the Recovery Menu

[size=+2]UPDATES[/size]
    • v0.3 - Nov 15, 2010 - Fixed bug reported by homeiss.
    • v0.3.1 - Nov 15, 2010 - Fixed typo reported by gingernator007. / Added enhancement suggested by gingernator007.
    • v0.3.1.1 - Nov 20, 2010 - Fixed bug with nanadroid restore / data part. not backing up correctly
    • v0.3.1.2 - Nov 20, 2010 - Fixed bug with nanadroid / .android_secure not backing up correctly
    • v0.3.1.3 - Dec 2, 2010 - Fixed bug with partial update.zip not installing correctly
    • v0.3.2 - Dec 6, 2010 - Nandroid backups are now fully compatible with the Dell Streak. /Firstboot is backup-up with during a nandroid backup operation. Signature verification disabled by default.
    • v0.3.2.5-beta - Dec 11, 2010 - Fixed file chooser. Now with scrolling!
    • v0.3.2.6-beta - Dec 12, 2010 - Fixed minor issue that may have prevent Dalvik-Cache and fix
      permissions from working correctly.
    • v03.2.7-DocterWFix - May 31, 2011 - Fixed issue with /firstboot issue that prevented successful backups for some
    • v03.2.8-beta - Jun 18, 2011 - Based on feedback from forum members, DoctorW has enabled the menu by default. No longer need to press the power button to enable the recovery menu.

OUTSTANDING BUGS:
    • Renaming backup folders with certain non-standard characters and spaces will cause the MD5 verification to fail - [severity: low] - Reported by @nickshertzer

[size=+2]FILING BUG REPORTS[/size]
    If you feel that you have observed a bug with this recovery, please take the time to report it. ** IMPORTANT** If the directions below are not followed, this will limit my ability, or your peer's ability, to help you!! Our assistance is only as good as the description of your problem.

DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO FILE A BUG REPORT

[size=+1]2 Step Process:[/size]
    1. While in the recovery, navigate to the advance menu item, and click select by pressing either the menu key or the camera key. Next select "report error;" the file recovery.log will be automatically copied to the root of the SDCard. Please post the contents of the file in a new post in this thread.

2. Please also post a brief summary of your issue and provide the following details:
      • Current ROM, i.e. Dell Froyo 318, DJ_Steve 1.5.1, etc...
      • Android Version, i.e. 2.2, 2.1, 1.6, etc...
      • Kernel and Baseband version (while booted normally, this info can be found by pressing the menu button and navigating to Settings, then About)

[size=+2]THANKS[/size]
    I would like to thank all the folks who are working to make the Dell Streak one of the best smartphones available. I also would like to thank Koush, Amon_RA, DJ_Steve, DoctorW, smokku, and spences10 for their help and/or contributions. Last but not least, I would like to thank Google for a great OS!

A big special thanks to all who have provided feedback, suggestions, and bug reports!

[size=+2]!!! COMMON ISSUES !!![/size]
    StreakMod Recovery being overwritten by the stock recovery - If you are having issues with the stock recovery overwriting your custom recovery, please read this excellent guide on how to resolve: http://www.rdtk.net/2011/06/14/custom-recovery-prevent-overwriting-on-dell-streak/
    New update posted

Ok, gang!

A new update has been posted: v0.3.2.7-DoctorWFix. Let me know your experience. I am unable to verify due to the fact I do not directly own the Dell Streak anymore, but I will work--with help from this community--to ensure it performs the functions that are essential to what most users expect from a recovery.

Also, if any one is interested helping me to manage this project, please contact me. I have received a lot of suggestions of the last few months, and would like to see some of them implemented.

Of course, DoctorW will be my first choice if he so graciously accepts this assignment! :)
    hia ewery one.I'think that "streak mod recovery " it's piece ****...Im sorry but it's truu.I traing to get in thath recovery allmost 4 day whit out anithing.Its always showing tha original racovery and than a **** off originalblue letters off the dell recovery saying i need a update pakage I know tath,but I wanna flash a ****UNG costum rom...So if you guys help ma where can i find or get a working Clock Work Mod Recovery because this streak mod it' un usuful ****...OOhh and I alredy did lat off time a system restore and flashing tha recovery but when its rebooting after i turning off them turning on to recovery then update pakage then power button its nothing happend just the ****ing normal racovery saying i need a pakage file,but was i say before i wanna flash a costum rom.soo thank you for you'r help.:mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek:

That's no way to ask for help. Now let's try again.
    mistadman is going to give me access to the git repository, and initially I'll help out with the testing and learning my way around the code. Eventually, once I'm familiar with it all I will take over maintenance.
    I've had this happen, and it's most likely because the MicroSD got jostled enough that the card's contacts aren't touching the socket's prongs properly.

1. Open up the battery compartment.
    2. Pull the battery (for safety).
    3. Pull the MicroSD.
    4. Test the MicroSD in your PC and see if it can be read.
    5. If the MicroSD is reported as corrupt:
      • Format the MicroSD.
      • Follow the steps in 6 below.
    6. If the MicroSD can be read:
      • Replace the MicroSD in the Streak.
      • Replace the battery.
      • Close the battery compartment.
    As I mentioned, I encountered this problem myself. After reseating the MicroSD, I took a pair of needle-nose pliers and bent the little L-shaped tab on the inside of the battery cover inward a small amount. This tab is supposed to prevent the MicroSD from shifting, but in my case the tab was not doing its job. Bending it inward solved the problem.