For those trying to get the stock mms.apk the iphone looking one here are pretty simple directions
1.Go to this download link for the stock mms.apk
2. Download the sdx stock app removal tool at the link below.
3. Install and go into stock app remover hit manage system files and check the mms.apk only and then back up selected file. Allow su (like three times) then delete the stock mms.apk.
4. go into the folder sdcard/sdx/backup/app and rename the mms.apk to mmsoriginal.apk
5. move the downloaded mms.apk from the above link to that same folder (sdcard/sdx/backup/app).
6. go back into app removal app and hit manage backups then check mms.apk and restore.
Now you have stock mms.apk with a 5 mb limit
Credit to walord, sdx, and mammon88
I was having triple vibrate, warm reboot, data loss, and market issues loading just the newest ROM. Went back and did the 3x clear/reset/dalvik, loaded old rom. Updated some settings, allowed sync, then cleared cache/dalvik x3 and loaded new ROM over. Restored apps and data via Titanium. Zero issues now! Lovely stuff.
had the exact same problem... followed these steps and everything is working great so far.
I had EE 1.2.09 installed, wiped data, and then flashed 2.00.01 last night. It got to the Samsung part (like when you first boot up your phone it says "Samsung mobile" and then would reboot into stock recovery over and over again. So i just restored back to EE 1.2.09. Then I saw that you said if were having reboots then flash to 2.00.00 and then flash to a newer version. Just did that now and it does the same thing. This is my 4th 2.2 ROM I have tried and every single one of them gives me problems. I'm not flashing 2.2 again until the official ROM is out.
SAMSUNG!!! RELEASE THE DAMN SDK!!! I'M F***ING SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR LYING S#^T
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|