FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Epic Experience - Version 2.0.08 [03/05] - Froyo (EB13)

1,035 posts
Thanks Meter: 71

Post Reply Email Thread
1st December 2010, 10:31 PM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by octones

LP was moved to data instead of system. Did the same thing to me. Assuming it is because of that.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Are you referring to this being the issue with marketplace not working properly? And if so, is there an relatively easy fix? Otherwise I can't stick with this ROM... Thx

1st December 2010, 10:32 PM |#172  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepr

NFS Shift? What .apk did you use? How did you install it? Internal or to sdcard?

yes shift, i got the apk a while back from just googling it. Had it on my 2.1 when i did a mybackup pro backup, installed on 2.2 and working just fine
1st December 2010, 11:08 PM |#173  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I was having triple vibrate, warm reboot, data loss, and market issues loading just the newest ROM. Went back and did the 3x clear/reset/dalvik, loaded old rom. Updated some settings, allowed sync, then cleared cache/dalvik x3 and loaded new ROM over. Restored apps and data via Titanium. Zero issues now! Lovely stuff.

had the exact same problem... followed these steps and everything is working great so far.
1st December 2010, 11:50 PM |#174  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
I think the TW FC's have something to do with launcher not being in this rom. I started getting some TW FC's with Viper rom and flashed EE back and used launcher pro but don't really care for it, so flashed viper back, got the TW FC's again, used the default launcher for a bit and now TW is working again.
1st December 2010, 11:52 PM |#175  
Tempe
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloheim

Try here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=9371563

worked great thanks!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
1st December 2010, 11:53 PM |#176  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum27x

For those trying to get the stock mms.apk the iphone looking one here are pretty simple directions

1.Go to this download link for the stock mms.apk

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1290733409

2. Download the sdx stock app removal tool at the link below.

http://roc-city.com/android/SdxAppRemoval-1.5.apk

3. Install and go into stock app remover hit manage system files and check the mms.apk only and then back up selected file. Allow su (like three times) then delete the stock mms.apk.

4. go into the folder sdcard/sdx/backup/app and rename the mms.apk to mmsoriginal.apk

5. move the downloaded mms.apk from the above link to that same folder (sdcard/sdx/backup/app).

6. go back into app removal app and hit manage backups then check mms.apk and restore.

Now you have stock mms.apk with a 5 mb limit

Credit to walord, sdx, and mammon88

How do you do step 3? I downloaded it and then I installed it in clockwork. Is this correct? Where do I go to do the " stock app remover" and then "manage system files"?

And yes, I am a noob. :)
1st December 2010, 11:54 PM |#177  
Flag Oxon Hill
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Going down a notch......
I'm gonna go back to eclair for now. Schizo got that perfect, and the froyo bugs are a nuisance which I know isn't Schizo's fault. Seems the eclair EE runs smoother than the Froyo EE.
I really missed the kernal switching and the emotionless beast theme as well. Also the 270 degree orientation was bugging me too much. I can wait on flash and apps to sd till the bugs and kinks are worked out possibly when the actual Froyo comes out.

I do wonder if Apps to SD could be ported over the 2.1. That would be cool.
2nd December 2010, 12:09 AM |#178  
Tempe

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netengineer

How do you do step 3? I downloaded it and then I installed it in clockwork. Is this correct? Where do I go to do the " stock app remover" and then "manage system files"?

And yes, I am a noob. :)

To install go to my files in your app tray and find the "download" folder and click on sdx app remover and it will install in there.

2nd December 2010, 12:14 AM |#179  
Tempe

More
Screen shot
If you can see the stock battery mod that someone posted earlier also changes lockscreen and silent mode icon as well it makes stuff in the status bar a black background. I chose th epic experience one!!
2nd December 2010, 12:23 AM |#180  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarbs

I was having triple vibrate, warm reboot, data loss, and market issues loading just the newest ROM. Went back and did the 3x clear/reset/dalvik, loaded old rom. Updated some settings, allowed sync, then cleared cache/dalvik x3 and loaded new ROM over. Restored apps and data via Titanium. Zero issues now! Lovely stuff.

had the exact same problem... followed these steps and everything is working great so far.

Same here, got replacement epic today, bad these issues, followed the steps, and boom, all works well now. Thank you for this

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
2nd December 2010, 12:39 AM |#181  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopIsLyfe37

I had EE 1.2.09 installed, wiped data, and then flashed 2.00.01 last night. It got to the Samsung part (like when you first boot up your phone it says "Samsung mobile" and then would reboot into stock recovery over and over again. So i just restored back to EE 1.2.09. Then I saw that you said if were having reboots then flash to 2.00.00 and then flash to a newer version. Just did that now and it does the same thing. This is my 4th 2.2 ROM I have tried and every single one of them gives me problems. I'm not flashing 2.2 again until the official ROM is out.

SAMSUNG!!! RELEASE THE DAMN SDK!!! I'M F***ING SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR LYING S#^T

You didn't Odin up to Froyo to install the modem and all that first. You have to click the "Flashing Instructions" link in the first post and follow them exactly. Except make sure to download both 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 and flash 2.0.0 first.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)