The OnePlus 6 is officially on sale! Buy now →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TRUE PermaRoot and the ULTIMATE S=Off!!! Check this out even if you're rooted!!!

973 posts
Thanks Meter: 663

By grankin01, Senior Member on 2nd December 2010, 09:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th December 2010, 01:41 AM |#121  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun303

using adb you pushed the whole folder. You only had to push the gfree file that's it, not the whole gfree folder.

thanks, i missed that part in the first post.

4th December 2010, 01:53 AM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Thank you. I really appreciate the response. I got it!! This place is great!
4th December 2010, 02:39 AM |#123  
Flag Houston

More
I tried that. After I temproot it and try to permaroot it it doesn't do nothing, I'll click it and nothing happens

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
4th December 2010, 02:48 AM |#124  
OP Senior Member
Flag Georgetown, KY

Donate to Me
More
Try uninstalling/reinstalling Superuser.apk.

My MyGlacier 4G MINE!!!
4th December 2010, 03:11 AM |#125  
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexxicanbeauty

Ok i keep trying this but it foesnt seem to work.
I do everything to a T amd when i go check the HBoot it looks like it works, S-OFF 0.85.2007 CID-11111111. But i power it back on and i go into terminal emulator and i put in su and it says denied?? What am i doing wrong?? I already tried permarooting thru Visionary too

Same here! Keep everything but still simlock!! ??

4th December 2010, 03:12 AM |#126  

More
I'm following these directions and was able to make it through the first set of instructions without any issues. My phone has not been rooted previously and was running 2.2.1. After following the first set of instructions, I was able to get S-Off and my hboot was 0.86.0000. Looks like everything worked as it was supposed to.

I am now on the optional directions to load the 0.85.0000 and I'm running into an issue with Step 6:

6. Now open terminal on your device and type "su" and enter to gain root privileges.

When I type in su and hit enter, I get access denied. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bryan
4th December 2010, 03:20 AM |#127  
OP Senior Member
Flag Georgetown, KY

Donate to Me
More
KenpoAP, what do you mean stikk simlock? Have you tried an at&t sim card?

Boroake, try running visionary temp root with set system r/w after root again. Then try the permroot option. This just turns s off you need to run visionary again to make root permanent.

My MyGlacier 4G MINE!!!
4th December 2010, 03:22 AM |#128  
Flag springfield va
Thanks Meter: 267

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boroarke

I'm following these directions and was able to make it through the first set of instructions without any issues. My phone has not been rooted previously and was running 2.2.1. After following the first set of instructions, I was able to get S-Off and my hboot was 0.86.0000. Looks like everything worked as it was supposed to.

I am now on the optional directions to load the 0.85.0000 and I'm running into an issue with Step 6:

6. Now open terminal on your device and type "su" and enter to gain root privileges.

When I type in su and hit enter, I get access denied. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bryan

A lot of people are having issue with su being denied. If you are running visionary r14 on your phone Then this is what i recommend. Uninstall visionary and install visionary r11 and do root again. Hope this works for you.
download link for visionary r11 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=899
4th December 2010, 03:23 AM |#129  
Flag Houston

More
Thanks that worked.

4th December 2010, 03:33 AM |#130  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun303

A lot of people are having issue with su being denied. If you are running visionary r14 on your phone Then this is what i recommend. Uninstall visionary and install visionary r11 and do root again. Hope this works for you.
download link for visionary r11 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=899

Thanks for the quick responses everyone. I'll give that a try and post back my results. Once I uninstall r14 and install r11, do I need to redo the process again starting for the following point:
6. Run visionary to gain temp root.

7. Open terminal emulator on your device, type "su", and hit enter to gain root privileges.

8. Type "cd /data/local" and hit enter.

9. Now type "chmod 777 gfree" and hit enter to make the program executable.

10. Type "./gfree" and hit enter.

11. Wait for the program to finish and then reboot into HBoot to see if S=Off. Also, check your bootloader version. If it says s=off and has bootloader version 0.86.0000 it worked.
Also, the link above to r11 has three different versions of Visionary but not sure which one I need, none of them say r11. Any idea? Sorry, I'm trying not to ask too many questions.
4th December 2010, 03:48 AM |#131  
Flag springfield va
Thanks Meter: 267

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boroarke

Thanks for the quick responses everyone. I'll give that a try and post back my results. Once I uninstall r14 and install r11, do I need to redo the process again starting for the following point:

6. Run visionary to gain temp root.

7. Open terminal emulator on your device, type "su", and hit enter to gain root privileges.

8. Type "cd /data/local" and hit enter.

9. Now type "chmod 777 gfree" and hit enter to make the program executable.

10. Type "./gfree" and hit enter.

11. Wait for the program to finish and then reboot into HBoot to see if S=Off. Also, check your bootloader version. If it says s=off and has bootloader version 0.86.0000 it worked.
Also, the link above to r11 has three different versions of Visionary but not sure which one I need, none of them say r11. Any idea? Sorry, I'm trying not to ask too many questions.

Download the one in the middle and then once installed. Now open visionary and Make sure "set system r/w after root" checked then click on "root". that should do the trick. I would try getting the su first before you go to step 8.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)