Cooking X8 2.1/2.2 roms [DEV] thread only!

Search This thread

tn9

Oct 11, 2008
Poznań
Hi guys, I recently have bought SE X8 and updated to Android 2.1. I'm still learning android, because I had olny WM phones, but I want to help to develop a way to root our Shakira device.

muzik_demon

Oct 21, 2010
Rather than trying to make a custom rom shouldn't we first try to root it?

Sent from my E15i using XDA App

a-k-t-w

Nov 20, 2010
No. This thread is about cooking custom roms. Go find a root solution somewhere else.
Rather than trying to make a custom rom
shouldn' t we first try to root it?
No? We know how to boot custom roms (or so the OP says) so all we need to do is make a custom rom.

As for root, we have to start from scratch. And like I said, this thread is for cooking roms. Please don't post if you have nothing to contribute.

Last edited:

muzik_demon

Oct 21, 2010
You know how much easier will it be to build a custom rom, install it , test it , tweak it if we have a root access.
Now if someone wants to build a custom rom they will have to downgrade to 1.6 and start from there
Also now xperia x10 has got recovery , we might be able to get it but again we need root for that!
Just my opinions

isaac12

Oct 26, 2008
how to locate Bootloader? which file is the bootloader? how to decript bootloader and repack?thanks for reply

Last edited:

muzik_demon

Oct 21, 2010
After reading the bootloader cracking thread in x10 forum,what i understand is Bootloader is inside nand which locked no way to read or write.
but maxfron was able to read the nand and i think they are searching for a way to write

a-k-t-w

Nov 20, 2010
You know how much easier will it be to build a custom rom, install it , test it , tweak it if we have a root access.
Now if someone wants to build a custom rom they will have to downgrade to 1.6 and start from there
Also now xperia x10 has got recovery , we might be able to get it but again we need root for that!
Just my opinions

Umm. You've got it backwards. If you've got a custom rom, then it is piss easy to gain root. Well that's the theory.

db242

Nov 28, 2010
Pinout under Battery Sticker

Hello :)

did anyone know the pinout under Battery (serial number sticker)?
looks like jtag interface, so may be useful?

w_ww.fotos-hochladen.net/view/xperiax81caw7nxm43.jpg
remove _ from link, i'm new here so i can't post link, sorry.

Last edited:

a-k-t-w

Nov 20, 2010
bootloader is the same in x10? or it will then be ported to x8?

You would really hope the bootloader is the same on the X8. I don't think a bootloader can be ported. A bootloader is piece of hardware/hardcoded on the phone (IIRC).
After reading the bootloader cracking thread in x10 forum,what i understand is Bootloader is inside nand which locked no way to read or write.
but maxfron was able to read the nand and i think they are searching for a way to write

Like I said, the bootloader is a piece of hardware on the phone. I doubt they will ever be able to write to it.

Of course I'm probably just an uneducated idiot, you can ignore me if you want. ;)

Edit:
Hello :)

did anyone know the pinout under Battery (serial number sticker)?
looks like jtag interface, so may be useful?

w_ww.fotos-hochladen.net/view/xperiax81caw7nxm43.jpg
remove _ from link, i'm new here so i can't post link, sorry.

xperiax81caw7nxm43.jpg

;)

Last edited:

a-k-t-w

Nov 20, 2010
What needs to be done to make a working ROM?

The OP states it has included the files to boot a custom ROM. But how do I use those files?

Sorry if I sound hopelessly lost. :p

Edit: Also.. Um.. What is a ROM Kitchen? This is new to me.

My questions still stand.

How do I boot a custom rom (assuming I manage to cook a working one) with the sd card using those files the OP provided?

Am I suppose to unpack system.img? It is passworded.

Would it help if I downloaded the source off sony's site? Or will those files you provided suffice?

Is anyone here actually an experienced dev and mind helping me out, or am I on my own here?
frown.gif

Last edited:

pulpoff2

Nov 26, 2010
You are right, thats X8 JTAG in same pinout as X10 mini :
x10mini-jtag
Now we can bypass the bootloader limitation and flash anything :) ! .. in theory