FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM]VIPERrom [TRiNiTY v2.0] EXT4-RFS Dual DK28 4.0.4 - 02/17/11!

1,472 posts
Thanks Meter: 474

By BThomas22x, Retired Recognized Developer on 7th December 2010, 05:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
..::Team Viper Official Sites::..

Team Vipers Official Site
Team Vipers Official Wiki
Team Vipers Official Ticket System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rodderik's 1.2GHz Overclocked Kernel

Genocide_1.2GHzOC_EB13_Kernel_v0.2a.zip
Genocide_1.2GHzOC_EB13_Kernel_v0.2a.zip Mirror

Give Rodderik a thanks and buy him a beer, He paved the way for the Kernels with the first OC!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

..::Thanks::..

Thanks to ACS for the DK28 leak. Thanks to mysteryemotionz for some of the images.

..::Changelogs::..

ViperROM [TRiNiTY v2.0] EXT4-RFS DK28 Dual 4.0.4

Added New Theme
Added ViperWheelWidget - Custom Viper Widget
Added ViperPad - Custom Viper App Pad (Based of the Palm's SwipePad App)
Removed A Few Scripts Causing Issues
Returned The Artificial Intelligence Sounds
Added TTS Back Into The ROM
Google Nav Works Again
New Boot Animation
Governor Killer Baked In
AOSP Lockscreen Added
Added New App Icons
Moved Data/Tweaks To System/Bin/Tweaks
Optimized More For Speed & Battery
Changed Browser Start Page - Team Vipers Official Site
Added Wallpaper, Wifi Tether, And Launcher Pro To SDCard (VIPERaddons)
Modified Hosts File
Modified Build.prop
Modified Android.policy.jar
Modified MMS.apk
Themed Dialer
Modified SettingsProvider.apk To Always Allow 3rd Party Apps Install
Added ViperComm Widget
Modified A Lot Of Images
New Sounds

ViperROM [FRoZeN] EXT4-RFS DK28 Dual 4.0.3

New Theme
New Shutdown Animation
New Transition Animations
Removed Some Scripts
Added Data/Tweaks
Governor Killer Baked In
Added A Few New Scripts
Modified For Speed
Modified For Battery Life
New Boot Animation
Custom Sounds - By Team Viper

..::ROM Downloads::..

ViperROM [TRiNiTY v2.0] EXT4-RFS Dual DK28 4.0.4

ViperROM [FRoZeN] EXT4-RFS DK28 Dual 4.0.3

..::Videos::..

ViperROM 4.0.4 Benchmark Scores

ViperROM 4.0.4 Features

..::Screenshots::..

COMING SOON!
The Following 78 Users Say Thank You to BThomas22x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BThomas22x Ad-Free

7th December 2010, 05:56 PM |#2  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Scottdale

Donate to Me
More
SDCARD Partitioning Tutorial.

I know that with EXT4, partitioning the sdcard can be a hassle. Here's a little workaround to help you get it partitioned the easiest way I know without having to mount systems and such in Terminal Emulator. This way makes you flash 2 seperate recoveries, but I would rather do this than the other methods which could take upwards of a half hour or even longer. I've seen people that were working on it for a couple hours. Without further adieu:

NOTE: If you are running RFS, just follow step 1. and you'll be done. If you are running EXT4, skip right to step 2. and follow from there.

1. If you are running RFS, then you do not need to follow any other steps. In the green CWM2.5.5 recovery, just go to "advanced" in recovery and choose the Partition option. It's going to give you two questions for sizes that you want. The first size is going to be the ext size. For this it will give you a few options, but I don't recommend choosing anything below 512. You will see all the options when they pop up, just choose what you feel most comfortable with. The next thing it's going to tell you to select is the swap size. I again don't recommend choosing anything below 128 for this option. You will again see a list of options, so choose what you feel most comfortable with.

2. If you are running EXT4, then follow these steps and you'll be up and running with your new partition very soon. First thing you need to do is gather all the tools you're going to need. Here are the list of tools you will need:

A. One Click Root & Recovery 2.5.5
B. One Click Root & Recovery 3.0.0.6

Quite the long list huh? lol ...I told you it's gonna be simple lol.

Download both of these files (if you don't have one or the other already) and extract them to an easy to find location on your computer somewhere.

3. Ok, you're going to do this just the same as you would if you were rooting your phone from a stock state. And to answer your question that's running through your head right now, No, this will not return you to RFS. You will still be on EXT4 the entire time, so there's not real need to backup your sdcard or worry about having to sit through the backup&restore again. Once again, to be very clear... Even though you are flashing cwm2.5.5 recovery, you will REMAIN EXT4. So let's continue. Make sure USB Debugging is on and plug your phone into your computer. Do NOT mount the sdcard, just have the phone plugged in. Open the One Click Root & Recovery 2.5.5, and run the program. When it's finished, your phone will reboot. Do NOT unplug it until the script is complete. The script will say "Operation Complete. Hit any button to continue" or something along those lines. Just hit a button and the script will automatically close. You can now reboot into recovery and you will see the 2.5.5 recovery with the green letters. If you don't have the green letters, then you didn't run the right One Click, and you should start over using the correct one lol . For those that successfully flashed the 2.5.5 recovery, move on to step 4.

4. If you have the green letters, then we'll continue, if not, repeat step 3. with the correct one click lol. Now that you have the green letters, revert to step 1. When you're finished following the same instructions from step 1, move on to step 5. If you have any issues with anything from step 1. (which you shouldn't, but if you do) click here to go to Mibbit's irc chat website. Along the top left side you will see 2 tabs labeled "Home" and "Connect". Make sure you are on the tab that says "Home". When on the tab labeled "Home", you will see the box in the middle of the page. Right beside the letters "IRC:" is a dropdown box. You're going to click on the dropdown arrow and select "EFNET". Next, you're going to enter your nickname, and finally, beside "channel:" type "#viper" and select "Go". That will bring you to Team Vipers chat where one of us will be able to help you.

5. Now that you are partitioned, it's time to restore the EXT4 recovery. If you do not restore the EXT4 recovery, you will not be able to flash any new ROM's or Kernels, so you MUST restore the correct recovery. To do so, you simply do the same steps. Make sure USB Debugging is turned on and plug your phone in. You do NOT need to mount. Now you simply run the 3.0.0.6 One Click Root & Recovery. Let it run through it's process and it will reboot itself. Do NOT exit out of the command prompt until it says "finished, press any key to continue". Once your phone reboots, you can then reboot into recovery and you will see that you have the orange letters again. When you see the orange letters, you now have a partitioned sdcard and you are back on the correct recovery.

**ONCE THE KERNEL IS RELEASED (Which should be within the next 24 hours as long as my testers don't see any issues) THEN MOVE ON TO STEP 6.**

6. Now that you're partitioned, the only thing left to do is flash the kernel. Connect your phone to your computer and copy the Kernel to your sdcard if you have not done so already. To flash it, just choose "Install zip from sdcard" followed by "Choose zip from sdcard" and simply navigate to where you stored it on your sdcard. That's all. It's quite quick and painless and you should be able to do it all within 10-15 minutes.
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to BThomas22x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BThomas22x Ad-Free
7th December 2010, 05:58 PM |#3  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,321

Donate to Me
More
VIPERrom Store where everything is FREE!
**Cleaned up post 13 January**

**If you want mods and addons download viperstore from the market**

NOTE: stuff is still being ported to the new edify scripting required for clockworkmod 3.0.0.5 so if something doesn't work submit a ticket from our website and we will get it ported over as soon as we can. For now you can access the store's contents that have been converted here.

VIPERchat in your browser chat.efnet.org (enter your nickname and #viper for the channel name)

VIPERchat Downloadable Version VIPERchat.zip (3.38 MB)

Voice Apps were removed in 3.0.3 to save space but if you want them Voice Apps **UPDATED FOR NEW CLOCKWORK**

Stock Sprint Apps (install .apk like normal):
SprintDK28_Navigation.apk (5.6 MB)
SprintDK28_Nascar(updated).apk (385 KB)
SprintDK28_NFLMobile(updated).apk (510 KB)
SprintDK28_SprintTV.apk (879 KB)
SprintDK28_SprintTVWidget.apk (84 KB)
SprintDK28_SprintZone.apk (367 KB)
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Rodderik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rodderik Ad-Free
7th December 2010, 06:04 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
First to post on this thread besides u
But yea ill look into the link for you right now
if i find it ill give to u

Edit: Here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724171
not sure if that will help will look for some more
7th December 2010, 06:06 PM |#5  
Flag Tucson,Arizona.
Thanks Meter: 1,207

Donate to Me
More
Reserved.. always wanted to say that.
Nice and clean separate thread me like...
Do i sense a 3.0.1 update to be sweet! or is the current 3.0 this version?
7th December 2010, 06:09 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi BT. Thanks for the great ROM. I am using 3.0 right now. What is the difference between 3.0 and 3.0.1? Thanks. Keep up the great work! And one quick question. When I try to install lagfix, everythiing works besides the last step, installing viperspeed. It says I cant install it because I dont have enough room. but I have 185MB free. any ideas?
7th December 2010, 06:13 PM |#7  
DC
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Link? I hope it's not there or else I'll feel more jerky than usual. Oh and super-thanks for those file names on the battery mods, so important... I have a mess of files like GREENBATMODTHISTHAT with no versions or anything and I guess I didn't realize that I needed to keep mods organized by ROM.
7th December 2010, 06:14 PM |#8  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Scottdale

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azichek

Hi BT. Thanks for the great ROM. I am using 3.0 right now. What is the difference between 3.0 and 3.0.1? Thanks. Keep up the great work!

3.0.1 is just a new name for it so if we make updates there's less confusion... It's still the same as 3.0, but hopefully this will eliminate some questions in the thread lol.

3.0.1 = 3.0 ...No new updates yet.

BUT!!!

Rodderik did make the battery mods!, check them out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BThomas22x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BThomas22x Ad-Free
7th December 2010, 06:15 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azichek

Hi BT. Thanks for the great ROM. I am using 3.0 right now. What is the difference between 3.0 and 3.0.1? Thanks. Keep up the great work!

I think 3.0.1 is just the updated version of 3.0.
3.0.1 does have the aosp lock screen the 4g is fixed
and couple other things... At least that i think lol
Hope that helps
The Following User Says Thank You to DAVenom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DAVenom Ad-Free
7th December 2010, 06:19 PM |#10  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:

Added A2SD (Download Terminal Emulator, And type "start a2sd" followed by "launch a2sd" and it will back everything up on your sdcard)

Can you please clarify this for me, because I tried earlier and it gave an error when trying to install the terminal. Also I have used linux before but never used a terminal on a phone before lol...can you write down a few steps for us newbies

Again Thank you for your work and to your team
7th December 2010, 06:19 PM |#11  

More
Hey BT there is a app called WidgerLocker Lockscreen which lets you put any widget/app i believe on you lock screen that might be helpful i think..

Just installed it and brought back the aosp lock screen might wanna check it out... Send me a pm of ur email so i can send u the apk cause its a paid app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a2sd, viperrom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)