Thanks Meter: 363

By neldar, Retired Recognized Developer on 30th October 2010, 10:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th December 2010, 01:27 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neldar

Glitterball and me are investigating in that issue.
Little bug, that will be fixed.
edit: fixed.

Thanks mate,

Appreciate your work, and bought your App to support you :thumbsup:

With all the dev work for the SGS, it has become the best phone ever
4th December 2010, 04:13 PM |#92  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleadam

I don't know how it's implemented: can the program still detect whether there was a notification or not during the time the schedule is off? Or the program does not respond at all in that time? Instead of triggering a notification, why not just turning on the lights directly? You could use some static boolean areNotifications to decide at schedule on whether to turn the lights on or not.

You probably thought all this already, but I'm just thinking out loud.

Personally, if I receive an email that late at night or so early in the morning it will not be anything important. I can leave without BLN for that. If it's urgent, I'll get a phone call, not an email, and I'll hear that. So the workaround works fine for me, it's just interesting why is not lighting it up...

I could try to detect incoming notifications and try to determine if that notification wants to trigger the leds.
But the notification system of android is locked for non-system apps - it is difficult to determine by a third-party app (like mine) if a notification is sent by another third-party app.
It is only possible to detect notifications by the standard apps (like sms, phone/call/ calendar/ gmail) - but not directly through the notification system but indirectly through well-known intents sent by these apps and then trying to guess by that behavior if a notification should be sent or not.

But i solved that problem in a different way - the app will shortly flash the screen (when the scheduler enables bln again) and that does also notify/trigger the notificationmanager to re-enable led notifications. That requires a wakelock, but this wakelock is only hold for a very very short time - in fact it will be immediately released again after it is acquired (wakelock is hold for less than 1 ms).
edit: Btw, this wakelock solution is not yet released - this is only for the people who read "wakelock" and already begun to spread non-sense...
5th December 2010, 01:49 AM |#93  
Flag Ravenna
Thanks Meter: 18

More
just purchased the pro version but when I try to install it (in the market it results as purchased), it starts download but than exit the "download mode"
If I try the "refund" button it says that I can't be refounded...

WTF!?!?
5th December 2010, 02:04 PM |#94  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangus_U*RA

just purchased the pro version but when I try to install it (in the market it results as purchased), it starts download but than exit the "download mode"
If I try the "refund" button it says that I can't be refounded...

WTF!?!?

I just have look at my google checkout account and you are not the only one who has problems with the market. Nearly 60% of of the bln control pro orders since yesterday has been canceled and i dont know why.

I am also getting angry at android market and google.

edit: This is the error message of google checkout about the cancellations:
Quote:

Authorization failed
The authorization of the customer's credit card failed. Google has sent an email instructing the customer to update their card. If they fail to provide a valid card within 7 days, this order will be automatically cancelled by Google.

I guess there is a bug/issue at the credit card check at google checkout -i hope google will fix that soon.
6th December 2010, 10:40 PM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
It's doing that "not supported" error again on CM 6.1 Beta 3 (nightly) with glitterball's reoriented kernel on the Captivate.
7th December 2010, 12:49 AM |#96  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4zD

It's doing that "not supported" error again on CM 6.1 Beta 3 (nightly) with glitterball's reoriented kernel on the Captivate.

The cm beta3 update replaces the bln liblights with the stock liblights - are you sure you have a bln liblights on your phone?

Just trigger the test notification, if that does not work you should install the bln liblights.
7th December 2010, 01:00 AM |#97  

More
Quote:

The cm beta3 update replaces the bln liblights with the stock liblights - are you sure you have a bln liblights on your phone?

Just trigger the test notification, if that does not work you should install the bln liblights.

I pushed the liblights from the blinky app. I thought that was the latest, but where do I obtain BLN liblights? I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but I'm not getting liblights from that.

EDIT: I also grabbed the latest from your github. But the app is telling me liblights is the correct version, but the kernel doesn't support BLN.
8th December 2010, 03:30 PM |#98  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4zD

I pushed the liblights from the blinky app. I thought that was the latest, but where do I obtain BLN liblights? I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but I'm not getting liblights from that.

EDIT: I also grabbed the latest from your github. But the app is telling me liblights is the correct version, but the kernel doesn't support BLN.

Well, the kernel does not support bln, i guess.
What does happen if you press "no" in the compatibility dialog and then trigger the test notification?
9th December 2010, 07:43 AM |#99  

More
Quote:

Well, the kernel does not support bln, i guess.
What does happen if you press "no" in the compatibility dialog and then trigger the test notification?

I guess that build didn't support BLN.

The latest one seems to be working.
10th December 2010, 03:03 AM |#100  

More
I released an update to the pro version:

added: call notification
added: blinking support

Btw, i am thinking of adding that blinking feature to the kernel driver - so anyone could benefit from that, whether you have the free or pro version of the app.
But that will need some time...
10th December 2010, 03:18 AM |#101  
Flag Albany, NY
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:

I released right now an update to the pro version:

added: call notification
added: blinking support

Btw, i am thinking of adding that blinking feature to the kernel driver - so anyone could benefit from that, whether you have the free or pro version of the app.
But that will need some time...

So should we uninstall the missed call app before installing this upgrade?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)