FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] green tint after update CM 6.1.0 DS mytouch3g 32a

1,025 posts
Thanks Meter: 454
 
Post Reply Email Thread
11th December 2010, 02:06 AM |#11  
Daveenna's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Beaverton
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I was able to fix the green tint by flashing from the droidbasement, but I lost my headphone jack
Anyone know a fix that resolves green tint W/O loss of headphone jack?
 
 
11th December 2010, 10:59 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 177
 
Donate to Me
More
Ran into the same issue. Apparently they left something in the final release that they were using to test out 3D graphics, hence the reason the tint disappears if you tilt the phone. Easy fix.

Download one of the kernels below (grab the one for your phone) and flash from Recovery after flashing the CM 6.1 ZIP. If you've booted since flashing CM 6.1, you'll need to also wipe Dalvik-cache.

This one for 32B phones to include the myTouch 1.2.

This one for 32A phones. myTouch 1.2 users (3.5mm jack) use the 32B kernel.

Any problems, post here.
The Following User Says Thank You to DonJuan692006 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DonJuan692006 Ad-Free
12th December 2010, 02:30 AM |#13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan692006

Ran into the same issue. Apparently they left something in the final release that they were using to test out 3D graphics, hence the reason the tint disappears if you tilt the phone. Easy fix.

Download one of the kernels below (grab the one for your phone) and flash from Recovery after flashing the CM 6.1 ZIP. If you've booted since flashing CM 6.1, you'll need to also wipe Dalvik-cache.

This one for 32B phones to include the myTouch 1.2.

This one for 32A phones. myTouch 1.2 users (3.5mm jack) use the 32B kernel.

Any problems, post here.

I have a question what are the requirements for the mt3g 1.2
heres what i have
Sapphire pvt 32A ship S-on G
Hboot-1.33.0013 (sapp31000)
Clpd-13
Radio-2.22.23.02
Oct 21 2009, 22:33:27

Seems things have changed since i first rooted my mt3g 1.2 and dont want to mess it up.
I only ask because ive been searching for a while with no straight answer everyone says search and doesn't provide help or say you dont have a 32A board you have a 32B with extra ram. But when I first rooted everyone said its 32a dont flash anything for 32b or youll lose jack or brick. Confused as im sure many others are tons of info for g1, or regular mt3g just not 1.2
Thanks in advace
12th December 2010, 05:11 AM |#14  
kompheak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag fresno
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
What are you asking for? How to get rid of the green tint?

32b myTouch 3g
Cyanogen Nightly 279
Hboot - 1.33.0006
Radio - 2.22.19.26i
Kernel - 2.6.35.9
ADW 1.3.3
12th December 2010, 06:17 AM |#15  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kompheak

What are you asking for? How to get rid of the green tint?

32b myTouch 3g
Cyanogen Nightly 279
Hboot - 1.33.0006
Radio - 2.22.19.26i
Kernel - 2.6.35.9
ADW 1.3.3

Yes. When i flashed CM I also got the green tint. So i just went back to 6.0 lol I started to panic.
12th December 2010, 06:41 AM |#16  
kompheak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag fresno
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Lol.. that's what everyone should do if they don't like green tint... lol unfortunately I can't help since I owned a 32b...

They have talked about 32a in cm nightly forum... all I know is if you flash the correct kernel... the green tint disappear.

32b is pershoot 2.6.35.9 extra ram... without 2708

32a - is one of eztery older kernel... Google cyanogen and enter nightly discussion... I'm not going back there... that thread is long lol

From my experience- the worst that can happen when flashing the wrong kernel is it wont go pass the boot screen... all I did then is remove battery... enter recovery and flash either nandroid or same rom you are using... you don't need to do any wiping if using same rom...

So it is scary at first but as long as you can boot into recovery u r fine... :)

32b myTouch 3g
Cyanogen Nightly 279
Hboot - 1.33.0006
Radio - 2.22.19.26i
Kernel - 2.6.35.9
ADW 1.3.3
12th December 2010, 11:16 AM |#17  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kompheak

Lol.. that's what everyone should do if they don't like green tint... lol unfortunately I can't help since I owned a 32b...

They have talked about 32a in cm nightly forum... all I know is if you flash the correct kernel... the green tint disappear.

32b is pershoot 2.6.35.9 extra ram... without 2708

32a - is one of eztery older kernel... Google cyanogen and enter nightly discussion... I'm not going back there... that thread is long lol

From my experience- the worst that can happen when flashing the wrong kernel is it wont go pass the boot screen... all I did then is remove battery... enter recovery and flash either nandroid or same rom you are using... you don't need to do any wiping if using same rom...

So it is scary at first but as long as you can boot into recovery u r fine... :)

32b myTouch 3g
Cyanogen Nightly 279
Hboot - 1.33.0006
Radio - 2.22.19.26i
Kernel - 2.6.35.9
ADW 1.3.3

Well thank you sir but since its the misses phone I think ill flash rc1 and let it be till the next release she wouldn't know the difference lol.
12th December 2010, 03:26 PM |#18  
Senior Member
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 177
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan692006

This one for 32B phones to include the myTouch 1.2..

Thought that was pretty self explanatory. I've got the myTouch 1.2 and used the same kernel, so I know it'll work. The 1.2 uses 32B kernel's so I don't know what smoke they were blowing up your hole back then.
12th December 2010, 10:07 PM |#19  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan692006

Thought that was pretty self explanatory. I've got the myTouch 1.2 and used the same kernel, so I know it'll work. The 1.2 uses 32B kernel's so I don't know what smoke they were blowing up your hole back then.

Lol yeah. It brought a world of confusion when I kept reading to use the one for 32B. Thanks for the help
12th December 2010, 11:29 PM |#20  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan692006

Thought that was pretty self explanatory. I've got the myTouch 1.2 and used the same kernel, so I know it'll work. The 1.2 uses 32B kernel's so I don't know what smoke they were blowing up your hole back then.

That will allow me to update my 1.2 to cm6.1 with no green tint but no working headphone jack either.

however if i flash this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=442 (the first one for a 32B ezBiffTestKernel20101024-ebi0_S.zip) then i am able to use 6.1 with no green tint and the headphone jack working

edit: see below
14th December 2010, 03:32 AM |#21  
Senior Member
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 177
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcantu

Lol yeah. It brought a world of confusion when I kept reading to use the one for 32B. Thanks for the help

Can you let me know if you have the same problem as the last guy with the headphone jack. If so I've got another kernel that's a little older, but will definitely work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes