Thanks Meter: 114

By jigners, Senior Member on 3rd December 2010, 06:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th December 2010, 12:52 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 503

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac231us

Tested further..no problems with calls at all (had to rename default.acdb)..camera works fine. Only thing is Alarm Clock was getting shut down each time I tried it..but that is an app issue how it got installed I think. All the core stuff and so many other apps I put in all work fine (weather, financial, real estate, FB, mail etc)

No need for Alarm Clock V2 (could not get it to work.its process keeps stopping)..took it off and used the alarm feature in the analog clock instead..works great !
The Following User Says Thank You to mac231us For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mac231us Ad-Free
13th December 2010, 04:27 PM |#102  
OP Senior Member
Flag Swansea

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No need for Alarm Clock V2 (could not get it to work.its process keeps stopping)..took it off and used the alarm feature in the analog clock instead..works great !

the stock 2.2 alarm clock is more than sufficient for anyones needs for alarms
and the best thing is it works flawlessly (just make sure your time and date is correctly set)
14th December 2010, 01:50 AM |#103  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigners

the stock 2.2 alarm clock is more than sufficient for anyones needs for alarms
and the best thing is it works flawlessly (just make sure your time and date is correctly set)

Well..I got the robot voice again. On the first call out..subsequent calls could not even be heard (do not even know if it even went through though the counter was running). How did this happen? Yesterday, after reformatting, reinstalling all (VBN WM ROM and this Droid build) and renaming default.acdb, it was working fine. This morning I decided to power it off and then restart. There the problem came back..again not in the WM ROM phone but in the Droid phone.

FRUSTRATED !..should not be so finicky..in fact for basic stuff, I think the WM ROM (either VBN or the Energy Titanium will do just as well..so may just stick with that until this Droid stuff is sorted out). Seems like lots of folks get this process.com. android.phone errors on other phones (even Samsung Captivate)..and no one seems to know how to fix it..looked up several several boards..the boards dry up after a few posts-g

I got the above error yesterday on repeated tries after the 2nd failure to call out (after the first 'successful' robot voice call). Today? I did not even bother.

AARGH !

e.g.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827999

BOTTOMLINE..this is too unreliable for something as basic as phone calling. Though I must admit I did not have this problem with the Froyostone 3.2 build. Not once. But the UI was not so slick as this one and needed too many add ons.

so what happens if this suddenly stops one day when I need the phone? Reboot to WM? or it stops during a call..some message boards elsewhere even claimed such things happened.
14th December 2010, 01:12 PM |#104  
OP Senior Member
Flag Swansea

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well..I got the robot voice again. On the first call out..subsequent calls could not even be heard (do not even know if it even went through though the counter was running). How did this happen? Yesterday, after reformatting, reinstalling all (VBN WM ROM and this Droid build) and renaming default.acdb, it was working fine. This morning I decided to power it off and then restart. There the problem came back..again not in the WM ROM phone but in the Droid phone.

FRUSTRATED !..should not be so finicky..in fact for basic stuff, I think the WM ROM (either VBN or the Energy Titanium will do just as well..so may just stick with that until this Droid stuff is sorted out). Seems like lots of folks get this process.com. android.phone errors on other phones (even Samsung Captivate)..and no one seems to know how to fix it..looked up several several boards..the boards dry up after a few posts-g

I got the above error yesterday on repeated tries after the 2nd failure to call out (after the first 'successful' robot voice call). Today? I did not even bother.

AARGH !

e.g.

BOTTOMLINE..this is too unreliable for something as basic as phone calling. Though I must admit I did not have this problem with the Froyostone 3.2 build. Not once. But the UI was not so slick as this one and needed too many add ons.

so what happens if this suddenly stops one day when I need the phone? Reboot to WM? or it stops during a call..some message boards elsewhere even claimed such things happened.

if you read this thread HOW THINGS WORK it could give you an idea. to quote

Quote:

I suspect that many of the problems people have with one WM rom and not another, are due to the different roms leaving different crap behind them when they are overwritten by the Linux system. If a feature works with a certain WM rom it may be that the developers are testing it with that rom, or one very similar.

Another reason that your WM roms, radios and even registry settings might have effects on the Linux system is simply because the HD2 has a lot going on besides the CPU. Other tasks are handled by other, very separate systems using other chips. An example is the radio controller, which is where your radio flash file goes. It is a separate processor (although it can be on the same physical chip). WM and Linux can tell it what to do, and a little bit of how to do it, but all the actual cellphone stuff is handled by the radio controller on its own.

The operating system can interact with these guys, and change their settings, but otherwise doesn't have any control over how they operate internally. Changing operating systems without powering down, as the Linux/Android system currently does, won't have any effect at all on these systems, which will continue to work the way WM told them to. In fact, the kernel developers might be quite happy to let things retain their WM settings, until they get around to fixing up drivers for this stuff. Different WM roms set things up differently. This is why it may appear that the Linux kernel is using WM drivers, when it's really just making use of their after-effects. This is also why running CLRCAD.exe in WM gives you sound in Android.

I've never had RObot voice, perhaps its because, right after flashing VBN rom
I dont use it to call or text, I run Android straight after that and then thats when
i start the calls and the text. my idea is if you use VBN winmo to call or text,
perhaps it sets the Radio to work in a certain way that is suitable for the winmo
but when you use it in Android it wont work as expected as it (Radio) already has
interacted with the winmo ROM prior before hand.
14th December 2010, 09:04 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
what radio are you using? i might be wrong but usually robot voice is related to radio and how that radio works with the windows rom installed.

Quote:

AARGH !

e.g.

14th December 2010, 11:52 PM |#106  

More
Quote:

if you read this thread HOW THINGS WORK it could give you an idea. to quote

I've never had RObot voice, perhaps its because, right after flashing VBN rom
I dont use it to call or text, I run Android straight after that and then thats when
i start the calls and the text. my idea is if you use VBN winmo to call or text,
perhaps it sets the Radio to work in a certain way that is suitable for the winmo
but when you use it in Android it wont work as expected as it (Radio) already has
interacted with the winmo ROM prior before hand.

Thanks for the advice. I did not use VBN ROM for anything..Went straight to Android. I discovered after several times repeating EACH AND EVERY STEP, that once in Android if I reboot or power off and then power on, then go from WM to Android, that is when the problem occurs. Renaming the default.acdb works but I am suspecting that each time I power it off I will need to rename the renamed file again (nothing to do with the ROM..at least I got the same problems with VBN ROM and Titanium (Energy) ROM also a dressed-down version)

Anyway..getting good at this now..flash reflash..format..extract..anyway..will see if each power off and on needs a renaming and if that will do the trick. If so, it will be needed to be added to HOW THINGS WORK (sometimes)..g

Anyway..still say it is a GREAT build ! (problem is with Android itself I suspect)

I have used both radio 2.15 and 2.12..same results..in fact with the Froyo Sense builds I have used all kinds of radios..they all gave the same call quality results..nothing distinguishable..saw these in messages from others as well where some would say oh yes, this radio XXXX works better..then with further testing they said not really (talking of sound in Calls (not speaker stuff playing music) and not talking of battery drain).
15th December 2010, 12:45 AM |#107  
OP Senior Member
Flag Swansea

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for the advice. I did not use VBN ROM for anything..Went straight to Android. I discovered after several times repeating EACH AND EVERY STEP, that once in Android if I reboot or power off and then power on, then go from WM to Android, that is when the problem occurs. Renaming the default.acdb works but I am suspecting that each time I power it off I will need to rename the renamed file again (nothing to do with the ROM..at least I got the same problems with VBN ROM and Titanium (Energy) ROM also a dressed-down version)

Anyway..getting good at this now..flash reflash..format..extract..anyway..will see if each power off and on needs a renaming and if that will do the trick. If so, it will be needed to be added to HOW THINGS WORK (sometimes)..g

Anyway..still say it is a GREAT build ! (problem is with Android itself I suspect)

I have used both radio 2.15 and 2.12..same results..in fact with the Froyo Sense builds I have used all kinds of radios..they all gave the same call quality results..nothing distinguishable..saw these in messages from others as well where some would say oh yes, this radio XXXX works better..then with further testing they said not really (talking of sound in Calls (not speaker stuff playing music) and not talking of battery drain).

its nice to know that you are (as I am) learning a lot as we all go through this
community. even with the How things work thread, there are still no definite
fail proof guides in preventing problems like robot voice and other common ones
this is probably because there are too many variable to consider, Radio, Country/ Operator
cellphone band, proximity to cell sites, and a whole lot of other stuff.
15th December 2010, 03:32 AM |#108  

More
Quote:

its nice to know that you are (as I am) learning a lot as we all go through this
community. even with the How things work thread, there are still no definite
fail proof guides in preventing problems like robot voice and other common ones
this is probably because there are too many variable to consider, Radio, Country/ Operator
cellphone band, proximity to cell sites, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Think I found the fix. I had to rename both default.acdb files (in Titanium MaxSense it is htcleo.acdb)..there are 2 one in /etc/firmware and the other in /system/etc/firmware. Then it works (think I was renaming only one at times..sometimes the correct one sometimes the wrong one)..

so now no reinstallation etc. needed. It does still appear that the files get renamed or something like that on bootup..have not verified that (too tired to keep trying). But it all works now..now if only I could get the in call volume to be higher but that is a hardware issue I think.
15th December 2010, 04:55 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
24% lost in 2 hours of idle, great rom but.. eh?
15th December 2010, 05:58 PM |#110  
Flag Jounieh
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by genoxide

24% lost in 2 hours of idle, great rom but.. eh?

It's not the ROM! Something is wrong with your phone/settings...

I'm getting 5 to 10 mA standby!
15th December 2010, 06:01 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Engineer

It's not the ROM! Something is wrong with your phone/settings...

I'm getting 5 to 10 mA standby!

what wm rom and firmware are you running?
//edit doh! i just noticed your sign ^- i will try to get 2.15.50.14 to see if it solves my battery probs

/edit2 flash the 2.15.50.14 radio, still same battery eating problems.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)