Where does the market save the .apk files?

Search This thread

djind

Jul 9, 2008
On HTC desire, I find market apk's in /sdcard/download/. Usually after a failed install, so I am guessing those files get deleted after install. Should be the same on HD2.

Zephyrot

Dec 29, 2008
Stuttgart
They used to be there in /sdcard/downloads, none of the latests builds I've used leave the APKs there tho, I used to be able to search this folder and install any apps stuck at 100% download or failed, but they dont go there anymore.

So dunno where they gioing now.

nkos719

May 1, 2010
Dortmund
I cannot find em anywhere...I use the mdjs desire hd version 4.4 and i cannot find those files...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

use root explorer. open it up and you should be at the first dir, their is a folder called "data", tap it, now tap on a folder called "app". this should be all your market apps. tap and hold whatever app you want, choose copy and navagate back to first page and scrole down to your "sdcard", tap it and paste your app where-ever you want to copy it to. this is where i found my apps. hope that helps yall.

Last edited:
Reactions: joshkoss
The apps mite be in a different location on your Android build, but on my build BlueTopia HD Beta 2 by cmylxgo, this is where they are, and they are the install program. Copy one to where-ever you want it then tap on it while still in root explorer, it should ask if you want to install, view or cancel. I've found that there is one thing bad about doing this, Market don't see them as being installed and won't tell you if there is an update for that program if there is one.

nkos719

May 1, 2010
Dortmund
Hmmmm....I use the jdms 1.6.2 and the mdeejays revolution hd 1.2 but still cannot locate them anywhere...

Sent from my HTC bravo using XDA App

chtan23

Jan 15, 2009
Use root explorer, it should be under /data/app. If you use ES file explorer, you will see an empty /data directory.

smaiitm

Dec 30, 2007
Another option is to use Titanium Backup from Market. It is free. You can back up your installation to your SD card and install again later or for a different Android build.

t1h5ta3

Nov 28, 2008
pacific north wet
data/app/
data/app-private/
system/app/

if you have apps 2 sd, i dont recall the name of the folder.
what file browser are you useing? some wont show protected files.

AngelDeath

All "apk" user installed end up in /data/app. system/app is just all the Android installed apk's for that build. data/app-private is normally empty. If you are just looking to save all the apps you have downloaded and installed, then you need to backup the "app" folder in the data folder. But remember this will not be visible unless you have root access.

drewnin

Feb 25, 2011
Copy my paid aps to my wife

Now I can copy my apps that I paid for and copy them to my wifes phone and now she has them too. Great way to make apps cheaper.

use root explorer. open it up and you should be at the first dir, their is a folder called "data", tap it, now tap on a folder called "app". this should be all your market apps. tap and hold whatever app you want, choose copy and navagate back to first page and scrole down to your "sdcard", tap it and paste your app where-ever you want to copy it to. this is where i found my apps. hope that helps yall.

htccraze

Oct 20, 2010
Hiding from under the bed
a good app you might want to look at then would be appmonster or appmonster pro. the free version will backup apps to SD card, restore apps from SD card, quick uninstall where as the pro version does multiple version backups, gives access to extended options like APP2SD, cache, permissions, scan SD card for install-files, batch install (i believe) & even shares app-links via Facebook, Twitter, eMail. i have created a little stock pile of about 1200 or so apk's in the past year or 2.

I know there are a ton of applications that do the same but i personally like this program & suggest it to a lot of ppl who own a android phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They are saved in /data/system/app or /data/app