[QUESTION] PSFreedom on Tattoo possible?

Search This thread

DaveOMac

Sep 6, 2010
i just brought a tattoo,after dumping my touch pro,im a newbie

i need help.

a full guide on wat to do to jailbreak, and what rom tou.

please help,ive searched everywhere and there is no guide.

thank u
Checked out the official PSFreedom Wiki Guide for the HTC Tattoo, you can find it here:

http :// psfreedom. com/ wiki / HTC_Tattoo [No Spaces]

It has the recovery image available for download and a short guide on how to install it. Hope it helps.

Reactions: vura

vura

Sep 14, 2010
pretoria
Please help : I'm a noob:eek: using >CthulhuROM 1.7, not sure if its the ROM i'm using please explain if so

I can't seem to get this right:

Step 3 from: http://psfreedom.com/wiki/HTC_Tattoo
----------------------------------------------------
3. Type this through the command prompt/shell:
adb shell
./data/local/bin/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
./data/local/bin/flash_image: not found

I put the 2 files in the root of the sdcard
opened Command Prompt - windows 7
then i get the error above:rolleyes:

can someone please explain what exactly to type when in command prompt once the files are the root of the sd card, i downloaded the one thats was posted in this thread which is said to work

Last edited:

DaveOMac

Sep 6, 2010
Your flash_image command is missing, it happened to me when I updated my Tattoo to a new ROM (seems the rom, wipes everything and re-installs what it is on the ROM image). To rectify this, I just used the easy-1click root app again (search and you shall find or just click on the Prerequisites root guide link within the PSFreedom Tattoo Wiki Page and it will re-install it, along with su etc. If you do go down this route rename the PSRecovery Image to "TCRI.alpha.img" in the c:\rtattoo\sdcard\ directory and it will flash the PSRecovery for you.

Also I must add I spoke to @Klutsh on the PSFreedom IRC today and asked him about the psmodservice, he has been busy debugging errors today but said he will get round to it as it is on the list. Keep an eye out on klush.com for more info.

Reactions: vura

francians

May 28, 2010
Please help : I'm a noob:eek: using >CthulhuROM 1.7, not sure if its the ROM i'm using please explain if so

I can't seem to get this right:

Step 3 from: http://psfreedom.com/wiki/HTC_Tattoo
----------------------------------------------------
3. Type this through the command prompt/shell:
adb shell
./data/local/bin/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
./data/local/bin/flash_image: not found

I put the 2 files in the root of the sdcard
opened Command Prompt - windows 7
then i get the error above:rolleyes:

can someone please explain what exactly to type when in command prompt once the files are the root of the sd card, i downloaded the one thats was posted in this thread which is said to work

did you renamed the file "recovery.img"?

daljitbanga

Sep 28, 2004
rom

hi all again

first off, thank you for the i recived to get recovery on my device

now

i just wanna no which roms work with psfreedom recovery,

i dont no which one to use, i i would like sense ui & camera support.

any good advise. please

Thank you.

vura

Sep 14, 2010
pretoria
ok can someone please tell me which rom has the flash_image then ill flash that rom and try again coz i cant get it to work with this rom that im using

DaveOMac

Sep 6, 2010
hi all again

first off, thank you for the i recived to get recovery on my device

now

i just wanna no which roms work with psfreedom recovery,

i dont no which one to use, i i would like sense ui & camera support.

any good advise. please

Thank you.

Use any ROM you like; psfreedom is just your recovery image.

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using XDA App

DaveOMac

Sep 6, 2010
ok can someone please tell me which rom has the flash_image then ill flash that rom and try again coz i cant get it to work with this rom that im using

Right it doesn't matter what ROM you use, some have it; some don't. If you find it is missing just use the easy 1-click root or just follow the link in arco67's post and follow the instructions on putting flash_image on your phone, once done you can then use the psfreedom instructions on their Wiki page.

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using XDA App

daljitbanga

Sep 28, 2004
yes ive done everythin

im not getting anywhere, somebody tell me what they have done short guide and rom they are using

please help

mannas

Jul 5, 2010
Lisbon
try flashing the stock rom from the ruu and then root again with the original recovery img from the package replaced with the psfmod img that i had attached to this post

Attachments

• recovery.rar
    2.8 MB · Views: 4

daljitbanga

Sep 28, 2004
try flashing the stock rom from the ruu and then root again with the original recovery img from the package replaced with the psfmod img that i had attached to this post
first off you are the DON. many thanks

im in pfsmod recovery

some error message missing bitmap icon,is this normal?

even so its workin.

thank you.

mannas

Jul 5, 2010
Lisbon
yes thats normal because it isn't the last recovery img
the last recovery had given some errors to some of my friends so i recommend staying with that one and only update the payloads

Reactions: daljitbanga

daljitbanga

Sep 28, 2004
the last recovery had given some errors to some of my friends so i recommend staying with that one and only update the payloads
mayb thats what was happenin to me i was using the new recovery file,and was just freezing at the tattoo screen

anyways thank you again.

daljitbanga

Sep 28, 2004
im back again

after finally getting into the psfnod recovery im bsck with another problem.

i install psf-tattoo-20101028.zip completes fine

when i launch psf i get ERROR UNKNOWN

anybody any suggestions.

"no need fixed it now, updated recovery from page13, but again many thanks to everybody."

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi all
    new payload firmware 3.41 + psn + 3.50 spoofing
    dezip the file default payload 3.41 bin
    extract file on your tattoo sdcard
    place the file in payload and replace the file
    boot recovery mode
    launch psfreedom
    go menu load from sdcard\payloads\default_payload_3.41_bin and click [me i have two default payload 3.41 i select first]
    after its ok boot your console with the same procedure
    But Is there hope to have psfreedom working on firmware 3.42? :confused:

tomorrow we'll have the answer!
    i just brought a tattoo,after dumping my touch pro,im a newbie

i need help.

a full guide on wat to do to jailbreak, and what rom tou.

please help,ive searched everywhere and there is no guide.

thank u
    Checked out the official PSFreedom Wiki Guide for the HTC Tattoo, you can find it here:

http :// psfreedom. com/ wiki / HTC_Tattoo [No Spaces]

It has the recovery image available for download and a short guide on how to install it. Hope it helps.
    Your flash_image command is missing, it happened to me when I updated my Tattoo to a new ROM (seems the rom, wipes everything and re-installs what it is on the ROM image). To rectify this, I just used the easy-1click root app again (search and you shall find or just click on the Prerequisites root guide link within the PSFreedom Tattoo Wiki Page and it will re-install it, along with su etc. If you do go down this route rename the PSRecovery Image to "TCRI.alpha.img" in the c:\rtattoo\sdcard\ directory and it will flash the PSRecovery for you.

Also I must add I spoke to @Klutsh on the PSFreedom IRC today and asked him about the psmodservice, he has been busy debugging errors today but said he will get round to it as it is on the list. Keep an eye out on klush.com for more info.