Thanks Meter: 293

Post Reply Email Thread
13th December 2010, 03:51 PM |#1961  
Flag Delray Beach, Florida
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox311

****, i work for at&t....you're obviously well within warranty, doesnt matter that's the phone's modded

i can even get you one sent out if you trust/want me to.

It says all over about how you are voiding your warranty by doing certain things. Yet you encourage people to just send it in and claim warranty replace. AT&T WILL CHARGE THEM WHEN THE FIND THE VOIDED WARRANTY ISSUES!!!!

13th December 2010, 04:15 PM |#1962  
Account currently disabled
Flag Southern Michigan
Thanks Meter: 190

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techmik67

It says all over about how you are voiding your warranty by doing certain things. Yet you encourage people to just send it in and claim warranty replace. AT&T WILL CHARGE THEM WHEN THE FIND THE VOIDED WARRANTY ISSUES!!!!

Not sure how well they actually check. I sent one in that had screen issues which had been modded as well as completely disasembled (out of curiousity) and they sent me a refurb, no charge. This was a few months ago so they are obviously not too thorough in there "investigating"

Also, put me down for another donation to get you going again setiron
13th December 2010, 05:32 PM |#1963  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 6,369

Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by newter55

Not sure how well they actually check. I sent one in that had screen issues which had been modded as well as completely disasembled (out of curiousity) and they sent me a refurb, no charge. This was a few months ago so they are obviously not too thorough in there "investigating"

Also, put me down for another donation to get you going again setiron

there is absolutely no investigation done , of course there is always the unlucky ones ...

Also, beside the fact setiron being smart enough to figure out on his own whathe wishes to do he already mentioned price of decent shipping from europe to US would be too hi price to pay ... so wait for offiical stand from him on what he wants to do next then lets start a thread to find the means to provide him with a new captivate if that is what he wishes , with all the chit chat goin on here we are lucky if he even read all hem pages since he last posted ....
The Following User Says Thank You to DAGr8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DAGr8 Ad-Free
13th December 2010, 05:36 PM |#1964  
Flag TriState
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Setiron,

Let's get this thing started already. Get in touch with DG and or Da_G and figure out what you need, what you are going to do, and how much it will cost you. After that tell us where we should donate to get you going.

Christmas is around the corner it would be good to get you up and running quickly.

I personally think DG broken glass full function device might be a good idea but that decision is really on you. Like the kernels, we are all eagerly awaiting for your next move
13th December 2010, 06:18 PM |#1965  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 293

Donate to Me
More
I have no words to explain how thankful I am: PAulyhoffman offered to donate a spare phone he had, and promptly shipped it on the same day.

A special mention goes to Patrick Richter, Paul's father in law, who just passed away on Saturday: a most generous man in honor of whom he would like to dedicate the donation.

I've already covered the shipping fee myself but customs will add a variable amount in taxes (most definitely 20% of original value as they usually do, although the specified value is just $100).

Hoping customs won't hold the package over the holidays, untested version versions will have to do for now.

HUGE thanks go to every single one who offered help, I really am moved by the affection demonstrated by this wonderful community.

v1.4.6 OUT
- improved wi-fi performance
- fixed internal SD mount as CD-ROM on JPU
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SetiroN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SetiroN Ad-Free
13th December 2010, 06:21 PM |#1966  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 976

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SetiroN

I have no words to explain how thankful I am: PAulyhoffman offered to donate a spare phone he had, and promptly shipped it on the same day.

A special mention goes to Patrick Richter, Paul's father in law, who just passed away on Saturday: a most generous man in honor of whom he would like to dedicate the donation.

I've already covered the shipping fee myself but customs will add a variable amount in taxes (most definitely 20% of original value as they usually do, although the specified value is just $100).

Hoping customs won't hold the package over the holidays, untested version versions will have to do for now.

v1.4.6 OUT

Awesome news and hats off to PAulyhoffman ...wow.

This made my day
13th December 2010, 06:25 PM |#1967  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,486

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I sent Microsoft an Xbox 360 that I melted with a hair dryer and they still fixed it.

If you think that they're paying an assembly line worth of people to hand inspect the warranty returns, then you're nuts. If you get them to agree to exchanging it, then you're in the clear.

I bricked a Captivate (in retrospect, a jig might have worked... but that wasn't released yet), went into an AT&T Warranty center, and all they checked was the water marker. If you've broken it to the point that you can't fix it with the tools on this site, then they won't be able to tell what the hell happened to it.
13th December 2010, 06:33 PM |#1968  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Talking
Quote:

HUGE thanks go to every single one who offered help, I really am moved by the affection demonstrated by this wonderful community.

v1.4.6 OUT

Thanks SetiroN and PAulyhoffman!!!!!! Hopefully you can get your phone soon. Happy holidays.
13th December 2010, 06:39 PM |#1969  
Flag Ft. Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Quote:

v1.4.6 OUT

Most cool... and a very heartfelt reply. This what makes XDA so good.

Testing the 1200 Kernel now.
13th December 2010, 06:50 PM |#1970  
Account currently disabled
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:

it says....what....all over.....what, again?

since you have "tech" in your name, you'd obviously know how hard it is to tell what kind of SOFTWARE IS ON A PHONE THAT WON'T BOOT, RIGHT?

listen, numbnuts....i work for the company in question, i'm obviously going to know what they will and will not reject.
13th December 2010, 06:54 PM |#1971  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 772

Donate to Me
More
Paulyhoffman, thank you so much!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)