FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][GPL][ACS]Xtreme Kernel v1.2.0-Lucy-1.3GHz OC,Battery,Tweaked Voodoo(options)

597 posts
Thanks Meter: 117

By DevinXtreme, Senior Member on 5th November 2010, 05:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th December 2010, 02:51 AM |#481  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 415

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrnlwanderer

Have never flashed a custom ROM till dat on my Epic though I'm on rooted DI18. Would like to definitely try the Shuriken SuperSlim (which I presume doesnt have the Xtreme Kernel bundled with it), so if was to go ahead, would I first have to flash this kernel and only then go ahead with flashing the SuperSlim from SD card?

Sorry for what probably is an extremely noob Q, but I couldnt find any procedures as to how a newbie should approach this

Alternatively if somebody could just point me to a flashing tut put up specifically for the Syndicate, I'd be more than happy

You could do it either way, flashing the kernel on the stock ROM works, and also flashing it onto SyndicateROM works. Its pretty much your choice. You can flash them together if you want, like before rebooting your phone after flashing the ROM and then flash the kernel.

Sent from my Xtremely Syndicated and Mysterious Epic 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to thomasskull666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thomasskull666 Ad-Free

15th December 2010, 03:21 PM |#482  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
15th December 2010, 03:23 PM |#483  

More
This kernel kills my batterylife
Anthing I can do to fix this?

15th December 2010, 03:53 PM |#484  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I'm on a DK28 with mammon's bonzai. I was thinking of running this out of boredom. I see it's about a month old now so I was wondering if it's outdated and I should stick to froyo... any answers for this?

Anyway if I decide to do this I was planning to:

1) Odin stock ROM and root
2) Flash syndicate ROM
3) Flash Xtreme kernel
4) Calibrate battery

Is this correct? Will I be missing any steps?

-1greek
15th December 2010, 05:10 PM |#485  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachina

My battery life is better than stock on this kernel, but nothing close to the phoenix kernel I was using. The speed on this is soooo fast tho... Don't know if I can give that up!

What are you coming from?

15th December 2010, 05:14 PM |#486  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Use Spare Parts to see what is using the battery. I've had a lot of varied results on the kernel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greek4u

I'm on a DK28 with mammon's bonzai. I was thinking of running this out of boredom. I see it's about a month old now so I was wondering if it's outdated and I should stick to froyo... any answers for this?

Anyway if I decide to do this I was planning to:

1) Odin stock ROM and root
2) Flash syndicate ROM
3) Flash Xtreme kernel
4) Calibrate battery

Is this correct? Will I be missing any steps?

-1greek

Yeah, that is correct. But I recommend sticking with DK28... I am.

That said, I'm kinda done with this kernel. I'll release a 2.0 once Froyo source is released, but this is it until then...
15th December 2010, 05:27 PM |#487  

More
It says twlauncher is useing the most battery
But I lose like 10% an hour even if in not using it
And I'm still runnin dk17

15th December 2010, 05:52 PM |#488  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

It says twlauncher is useing the most battery
But I lose like 10% an hour even if in not using it
And I'm still runnin dk17

Xtreme Kernel is a DI18 kernel. It is only for DI18 ROMs. No fully custom kernel will work with DK** or DJ**. That's why you're getting bad battery.
15th December 2010, 06:29 PM |#489  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinXtreme

Use Spare Parts to see what is using the battery. I've had a lot of varied results on the kernel.

Yeah, that is correct. But I recommend sticking with DK28... I am.

That said, I'm kinda done with this kernel. I'll release a 2.0 once Froyo source is released, but this is it until then...

I sort of answered my own question after that post when I ran benchmarks and saw they were better with DK28 than this kernel overclocked. Can't wait for an overclocked Froyo!
20th January 2011, 07:26 AM |#490  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Van Nuys, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,190

More
I installed this through clockworkmod and the minute I chose the yes install method the screen went to these huge words with blue text and then proceeded to say installation complete. When booting this android logo glitches up throughout the whole boot process. I'm unsure whether or not it fully installed. I can boot into system and it appears to be overclocked, but I'm not too sure, what should I do?

20th January 2011, 07:48 AM |#491  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AproSamurai

I installed this through clockworkmod and the minute I chose the yes install method the screen went to these huge words with blue text and then proceeded to say installation complete. When booting this android logo glitches up throughout the whole boot process. I'm unsure whether or not it fully installed. I can boot into system and it appears to be overclocked, but I'm not too sure, what should I do?

What rom r u on....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)