FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] CyanogenMod-6.1.1 for Desire (GSM/CDMA): V6.1.1 (16/12/2010)

1,633 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,620

Post Reply Email Thread
14th December 2010, 04:03 PM |#1761  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemymonkey

Would the people having trouble with battery life mind downloading Battery Monitor Widget or CurrentWidget from the market and monitoring their usage for a full charge? Battery drain while idle should be between 4 and 10mA... if it's higher, a wrong setting or bad app is keeping the phone awake.

24 hours on a charge, however, is actually quite impressive (unless you just leave it turned off all day), and nothing to scoff at in the smartphone world.

In a few days when my current charge runs out, I will do this.
24 hours on a single charge for a light-medium user is pretty crap actually. (mainly phone calls and text, not much else, in standby most of the day)
Most of my settings are default Cyanogen settings, and I don't install many apps... anyways I will try this out.

14th December 2010, 04:08 PM |#1762  
London
Thanks Meter: 971

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djind

Could you please tell me what that picture means? What does it say about battery life? I can merely see how long your device has been turned on and your current battery level. It doesn't say anything about how long the phone can/has last with one charge. Or am I mistaken?

I was using a different phone so my Desire just sat there on standby it lasted 130+ hours like that with brief usage it seemed to be using about 3Ma in standby
So i guess i was saying that if get high drainage in standby then i guess something is running on your phone and if you leave wifi data sync BT etc on all the time then well your battery will drain faster the plethora of stuff we can run on a phone has far outstripped improvements in battery life
14th December 2010, 04:31 PM |#1763  
Thanks Meter: 342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy1001

I was using a different phone so my Desire just sat there on standby it lasted 130+ hours like that with brief usage it seemed to be using about 3Ma in standby
So i guess i was saying that if get high drainage in standby then i guess something is running on your phone and if you leave wifi data sync BT etc on all the time then well your battery will drain faster the plethora of stuff we can run on a phone has far outstripped improvements in battery life

Well Ziggy I totally agree with u, if we look at our background running processes we might get to know the background services using our (system resources + battery).

System Info tool or many other utilities can let us look into the apps running at background. For instance I have installed Beautiful Widgets and I was not running it on system but in background it was consuming 32mb of my system resources. So looking at these processes we can conclude what's being used by system and what is causing the trouble.

See the apps for system info here.

http://www.appbrain.com/search?q=system+info
14th December 2010, 04:56 PM |#1764  
Flag Hull, Québec
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy1001

if you leave wifi data sync BT etc on all the time then well your battery will drain faster

Of course. We all know that. I keep mine on all the time. The issue, though, is I went from 2% an hour with older builds to 5% an hours with the newer builds.

The was definitely a change in the builds at some point that made the battery drain faster.
14th December 2010, 05:05 PM |#1765  
Thanks Meter: 342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinierb

Of course. We all know that. I keep mine on all the time. The issue, though, is I went from 2% an hour with older builds to 5% an hours with the newer builds.

The was definitely a change in the builds at some point that made the battery drain faster.

Pardon me for asking u for this, but what I am about to say right now is just an assumption but a try can be given to this:

1- Did u ever tried to use the Rom without installing any apps (Just the Rom with usual synchronization)

2-Don't restore the data restore utility (Tatanium Backup) for some hours to restore any app.

There might be some apps to framwork conflict or some legacy app build conflicting with new changed Roms.

As I assume that sometimes, some apps response oddly to updated resources of Rom as the programmer never made the Rom for customized Roms or some old libs were used.

So if u don't install any app and u feel the same then I would assume what u r facing is to do something with devp. (I might be wrong though).

It's my assumption, but please try it on a clean Rom just once.
14th December 2010, 05:09 PM |#1766  
Flag East Coast - Canada
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSixAtPack

That´s exactly what I´ve done. If checked my draining battery using CurrentWidget:

Using CM 6.1: ~48mAh/h

So I flashed Oxygen 1.0 without a full wipe (I only wiped the dalvic-cache) and my battery usage decreased to:

Oxy 1.0 ~5mAh

To be fair , after upgrading to Oxygen 1.0.3 my draining battery is back again. Slowly I´m running out of ideas!

oh wow. just installed Current widget. 248mA O_o

waited a min or two and its down to 48mA.
14th December 2010, 06:21 PM |#1767  
Flag East Coast - Canada

More
the last hour or so. I charged it for a few min then rebooted to see if it would help.

14th December 2010, 06:37 PM |#1768  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscopcoletrain

the last hour or so. I charged it for a few min then rebooted to see if it would help.

It looks like you very likely have a misbehaving app.

Can you check *#*#INFO#*#* => Battery History => Partial Wake Usage?
14th December 2010, 07:08 PM |#1769  
Flag East Coast - Canada

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemymonkey

It looks like you very likely have a misbehaving app.

Can you check *#*#INFO#*#* => Battery History => Partial Wake Usage?

here is a list of my installed apps

http://www.appbrain.com/user/Roscopc...s-on-the-phone

Ive only had my desire for a few months. bought it used. Rooted and flashed CM the day after I got it, and Ive never had great battery life.
14th December 2010, 07:55 PM |#1770  
Flag East Coast - Canada

More
something tells me running shouldnt be 100%

14th December 2010, 08:05 PM |#1771  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Lost 9% in less than 50 minutes eh? Doesnt seem normal...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)