CyanogenMod for Glacier (myTouch 4G) :: V6.1.2-RC2 (12/21/2010, #2)

Search This thread

Zinx Verituse

Jan 2, 2009
zenthought.org
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

NOTE: This version (6.1.2-RC2) is newer than 6.2.0-RC0. Apologies for any confusion this causes.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- First time flashing CM 6 to your MT4G (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. WIPE
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred

RELEASE CANDIDATE
Everything is believed to be working at the time of release.

Changes since 6.1.2-RC1:
* Re-fixed video recording/playback

Changes since 6.2.0-RC0:
* Fixed 720p video recording
* Fixed bluetooth battery drain

THE FOLLOWING ISSUES ARE NOT CM PROBLEMS, AND CAN NOT BE FIXED IN CM:
* Force closes / "boot loops" / bad permissions / etc when using Titanium Backup
* Non-working third-party camera apps that access the camera incorrectly via native code (Qik, Fring, and most other apps using the front camera)
* Battery usage/bluetooth/wifi/rebooting/etc problems while using a third-party kernel
* Bugs w/ Google apps
* Bugs w/ the recovery image (i.e., turning the screen on when you charge from off)

Download:
See pinned post on CM Forums.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

Zinx Verituse

Jan 2, 2009
zenthought.org
KNOWN ISSUES:
* Camera (both) don't work in many third-party apps. This is an issue with applications using native code incorrectly. There is no NDK camera interface. Application issue, Will not fix.
* Mms settings are lower than people expect. You can work around this by using a different Mms app. Will be fixed in next release
* Lack of dithering in "Teeter" from HTC. Found while poking around Gingerbread, might fix.

Last edited:

pgarza

May 27, 2007
OKC
Just awesome. This is what the community has been waiting for seriously!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

NOTE: This version (6.1.2-RC2) is newer than 6.2.0-RC0. Apologies for any confusion this causes.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 6 to your MT4G (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred

RELEASE CANDIDATE
    Everything is believed to be working at the time of release.

Changes since 6.1.2-RC1:
    * Re-fixed video recording/playback

Changes since 6.2.0-RC0:
    * Fixed 720p video recording
    * Fixed bluetooth battery drain

THE FOLLOWING ISSUES ARE NOT CM PROBLEMS, AND CAN NOT BE FIXED IN CM:
    * Force closes / "boot loops" / bad permissions / etc when using Titanium Backup
    * Non-working third-party camera apps that access the camera incorrectly via native code (Qik, Fring, and most other apps using the front camera)
    * Battery usage/bluetooth/wifi/rebooting/etc problems while using a third-party kernel
    * Bugs w/ Google apps
    * Bugs w/ the recovery image (i.e., turning the screen on when you charge from off)

Download:
    See pinned post on CM Forums.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    * Camera (both) don't work in many third-party apps. This is an issue with applications using native code incorrectly. There is no NDK camera interface. Application issue, Will not fix.
    * Mms settings are lower than people expect. You can work around this by using a different Mms app. Will be fixed in next release
    * Lack of dithering in "Teeter" from HTC. Found while poking around Gingerbread, might fix.
    i have this problem too. i can only select D1 as an option. 720p is not selectable.

Select the bottom option and change the profile to Custom. then 720p is available.

Edit: The button is the "quality" button. It may say "High" by default.
    6.1.2-RC2 out, video playback & recording should be fixed.
    I will post a CM source based OC kernel tonight. Apparently my 1.02 kernel breaks stuff, I don't recommend using it!