17th December 2010, 04:55 AM |#121  
Recognized Contributor
Flag West Jordan UT
Thanks Meter: 4,811

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwanatu

What is fastboot doing that it's not working?

Wow I'm dumb. I read the guide here(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=865685) and found that I didn't have HTC Sync installed on my laptop. Installed that and was able to fastboot flash the newest radio no problem. Thanks you guys for the guides and all the work you do.
The Following User Says Thank You to pimpmaneaton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pimpmaneaton Ad-Free

17th December 2010, 09:57 AM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpmaneaton

Do you by chance know of any other way to flash this new radio without fastboot from a computer. I've tried several times to get fastboot to work on my laptop and it just won't. I've used SDK on several phones in the past but just dosen't seem to play nice with my G2.

Well, I attached a file "android-info.txt". Pack it with radio.img in a single ZIP file.

Then rename it as "PC10IMG.zip" and copy it to the root of your SD card.

Finally, start the phone in hboot BOOTLOADER and wait a minute, it will automatically update the radio without connecting to the PC.

It works for me, hope it helps!
Attached Files
File Type: 7z android-info.7z - [Click for QR Code] (194 Bytes, 171 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iiedii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iiedii Ad-Free
17th December 2010, 03:47 PM |#123  
Flag Apopka, FL
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpmaneaton

Wow I'm dumb. I read the guide here(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=865685) and found that I didn't have HTC Sync installed on my laptop. Installed that and was able to fastboot flash the newest radio no problem. Thanks you guys for the guides and all the work you do.

Glad you got it. There are so many steps to follow some times that it's just plain easy to forget one! It took me a while to get ADB working as well, and I think it was for a similar reason honestly.
18th December 2010, 08:19 AM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
ust like to say that I first tried flashing newest radio.img from sdcard, with no success. Then i tried on fastboot, device id came up and whatever and the radio.img sent okay everytime. But everytime it tried to write it failed saying remote: not allowed. So then i zipped the radio.img with that txt doc and renamed it and it worked without a charm. Im noticing noticable increase in signal, but not a huge difference. But thanks to everyone for there contribution.
19th December 2010, 07:40 PM |#125  
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiedii

Well, I attached a file "android-info.txt". Pack it with radio.img in a single ZIP file.

Then rename it as "PC10IMG.zip" and copy it to the root of your SD card.

Finally, start the phone in hboot BOOTLOADER and wait a minute, it will automatically update the radio without connecting to the PC.

It works for me, hope it helps!

How to flash hboot?

P.S. maybe there is a method like this? Because flashing image alone didn't work for me
20th December 2010, 09:06 PM |#126  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Where is the fastboot folder?
20th December 2010, 10:07 PM |#127  
Flag Surf City USA ....Huntington Beach CA.
Thanks Meter: 488

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joackie27

I haven't noticed any difference at all in my reception. Or maybe I just didn't do any extensive testing on it. I used to abide by the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it..." But I guess it's hard to apply it when it comes to flashing stuffs (rom, kernel, radio, etc.). gfree_verify returned OK for CID, secu_flag, and SIMLOCK.

LOL...., I know what you mean about flashing stuff. My reception seems really good most of the time, guess Ill leave the radio alone.
20th December 2010, 10:32 PM |#128  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 37

Donate to Me
More
Hi, I have a bell desire z unlocked, rooted. My reception seems to be bad with any radio I use, any ideas?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
21st December 2010, 02:19 PM |#129  
Flag Apopka, FL
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonjacob54

Where is the fastboot folder?

I just put it under C:\android-sdk-windows\tools. Worked just fine.
21st December 2010, 09:02 PM |#130  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joackie27

Here's the radio image which you can flash from recovery made by tookewl4skewl.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Flashed in Clockwork - It flashed super quick and indicated successful

On reboot I'm still showing 12.28b.60.104eP_26.03.02.26_M ... hmmm ...
21st December 2010, 11:57 PM |#131  
Flag Manhattan
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Link to dl Vision_RADIO_12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.26 appears to be broken. I need it to downgrade so I can gfree...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)