Android Market 2.3.2 for OS 2.1 and above

Search This thread

Shiwantha

Apr 9, 2010
◐◑◒◓
Hi All,

New Market application works with new 2.1. just tested

Previous update was not for X10 and didn't display icons properly. this version have no bugs like that, these previews are from my X10 2.1 rooted

v2.2.7:
• Refund window changing to 15 minutes
• New carousel with featured apps on main page
• Widgets and Live Wallpapers categories added
• Related content added to app page
• Single page app viewing, all info in one place
• Max size for apk files increased from 25 MB to 50 MB
29745055.png

70810354.png

63631105.png

Instructions

1. backup original market vending apk
  2. clear cache of the old market (Go /Settings/applications/(remove filter and select all) select market application and press clear cache)
  3. install this application like any other apk using file browser

Note:

1. My phone is rooted but im not sure rooting is required.
  2. This is only for android 2.1 or above
  3. Once installed open market and press menu/settings/ customized content filtering and notifications as preferred.
  4. Some users have reported that at the time of clearing cache, market was automatically update to 2.2.7. if your one of those lucky users,:D this installation is not required
  5. Even this is posted on X10 forum, any 2.1 android can have this update.:p

If you face any errors or fc after installation follow this method and see if its resolved. (only for the 2.1 version which already market available)

1. Go /Settings/applications/(remove filter and select all) select market application/ select clear cache
  2. Go /Settings/applications/(remove filter and select all) select market application/ select uninstall update
  3. Open Market and see if its auto updated. (because now market update is already rolled out to all the 2.1 users) if not redo the step 1 and go for step 4
  4. install the new version on this post
  5. Sign in to talk and open market.

Update:20.02.2011
New version 2.3.2 for Custom Rom users......

Install this via Xrecovery for the latest 2.3.2 version

Download: LINK

Note: before installation login to the market at least once from the original rom of the developer and update this. read the instuctions from the custom rom developer well otherwise you will get endless FC of the market app.

currently tested and working on 2.2.1 beta4, CM mod roms all 6.1.xxx

Cheers

Attachments

• com.android.vending_227.apk
    2 MB · Views: 13,171
Last edited:

chongbh

Aug 5, 2008
Singpapore
Guys,

I like to check if I do it the below method, will there be any problem?

1) I search for market.apk in System/Apps folder and remove it by using Root Explorer

2) I copy and paste the New Market file into System/Apps folder

3) I reboot the phone but the New Market did not install and still load the old Market

4) I went into System/Apps using Root Explorer and click to install

5) I click on the Market Icon and it manage to load the New Market

Anyone can advise me accordingly, thanks.

Shiwantha

Apr 9, 2010
◐◑◒◓
Guys,

I like to check if I do it the below method, will there be any problem?

1) I search for market.apk in System/Apps folder and remove it by using Root Explorer

2) I copy and paste the New Market file into System/Apps folder

3) I reboot the phone but the New Market did not install and still load the old Market

4) I went into System/Apps using Root Explorer and click to install

5) I click on the Market Icon and it manage to load the New Market

Anyone can advise me accordingly, thanks.

You dont need to play with root system directory. this will install on top of stock market as an update. (if you followed the method I mentioned. when you dont want it simply click uninstall update.

This kind of behavior you will find in google maps, stock facebook application.

hope this is clear for you.

M3mPh1z

Aug 23, 2010
Cape Town
Just went through all the steps to do this, went into my market to clear the cache and seen I already had the new market, auto update?

hush66

Apr 6, 2010
My Market just got updated on its own. Seems like they are rolling out the update.

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
If your not going to be constructive or contribute in a positive manner
It was constructive, it was pointing out that there are numerous threads on the subject, all of which has the apk which someone uploaded.
did it occur to you, you could've reported the thread and let the moderating team deal with it
Like I did with with the others when the 3rd popped up, I guess you've sorted them now you've been on, and as you been on I guess you've also finally got around to making the Z4Root thread a sticky, nope, I guess you'll get to it one day. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

pshdo

Jun 10, 2010
Holbæk
It was constructive, it was pointing out that there are numerous threads on the subject, all of which has the apk which someone uploaded.

Like I did with with the others when the 3rd popped up, I guess you've sorted them now you've been on, and as you been on I guess you've also finally got around to making the Z4Root thread a sticky, nope, I guess you'll get to it one day. :rolleyes:

*lol* did it relly hurt that mutch to be told off by the real forum police, dear little x10user :D

:rolleyes:

Sent from my Commodore 64, with Dolphin Dos B-)

kongbook

Dec 17, 2010
thanx i've done it perfectly but i have a problem plz HELP when i try downloading and installing something it says the application market has stopped unexpectedly wat 2 do ???? plz help ;'S and they say force close ??!! what now !!:confused:??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

New Market application works with new 2.1. just tested

Previous update was not for X10 and didn't display icons properly. this version have no bugs like that, these previews are from my X10 2.1 rooted

v2.2.7:
    • Refund window changing to 15 minutes
    • New carousel with featured apps on main page
    • Widgets and Live Wallpapers categories added
    • Related content added to app page
    • Single page app viewing, all info in one place
    • Max size for apk files increased from 25 MB to 50 MB
    29745055.png

70810354.png

63631105.png

Instructions

1. backup original market vending apk
    2. clear cache of the old market (Go /Settings/applications/(remove filter and select all) select market application and press clear cache)
    3. install this application like any other apk using file browser

Note:

1. My phone is rooted but im not sure rooting is required.
    2. This is only for android 2.1 or above
    3. Once installed open market and press menu/settings/ customized content filtering and notifications as preferred.
    4. Some users have reported that at the time of clearing cache, market was automatically update to 2.2.7. if your one of those lucky users,:D this installation is not required
    5. Even this is posted on X10 forum, any 2.1 android can have this update.:p

If you face any errors or fc after installation follow this method and see if its resolved. (only for the 2.1 version which already market available)

1. Go /Settings/applications/(remove filter and select all) select market application/ select clear cache
    2. Go /Settings/applications/(remove filter and select all) select market application/ select uninstall update
    3. Open Market and see if its auto updated. (because now market update is already rolled out to all the 2.1 users) if not redo the step 1 and go for step 4
    4. install the new version on this post

Update:20.02.2011
    New version 2.3.2 for Custom Rom users......

Install this via Xrecovery for the latest 2.3.2 version

Download: LINK

Note: before installation login to the market at least once from the original rom of the developer and update this. read the instuctions from the custom rom developer well otherwise you will get endless FC of the market app.

currently tested and working on 2.2.1 beta4, CM mod roms all 6.1.xxx

Cheers
    hi thanks for sharing:)

the last days i have updated the market via update.zip and had problems with some buttons thy dont show correctly.

now i followed your instructions and updated the market again, and all worked and shows good:D
    hi...
    i installed market V2.2.6 manually (from the other thread), and today my market just auto update to V2.2.7 :)

but i can't see the carousel feature, in any page.. i connect my phone via wi-fi..
    any suggestion?
    does it only appears on 3G connection?

Internet via 3G or wifi dosent make any difference.

Follow this.

3. Open Market and see if its auto updated. if not redo the step 1 and go for step 4
    4. install the new version and follow instructions on the first post