FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][WWE] [21.11.2010] CleanEX OzROM V5.20 WM6.5.5 24635 [Android/TMOUS Friendly]

30,187 posts
Thanks Meter: 24,446

By the_scotsman, Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee on 7th February 2010, 01:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th December 2010, 05:02 AM |#3861  
Flag Grey Nomading, Down Under
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I think I've bricked my phone - what can I do?
Hi OZROM enthusiasts,
Have taken the plunge and decided to install your ROM.
I'm a Telstra user with a T9193 model, prior to today ran a [heavily modified] stock ROM with 1.66 spl.
I prepared the phone for OZROM 5.2 with a hard reset and formatted the SD card, after copying all the files to the PC.
I had a .51 radio so first thing was to install the HSPL - all OK.
Next I upgraded the radio to 2.15.40.14 [it's getting good reports at XDA] - all OK.
Next ran Task 29 [before installing OZROM[ as you suggested] - not OK.
Now when I reboot or hard reset I get to the HTC white boot screen and it freezes there.
Tried to get to bootloader screen via the usual method - no go.
Tried another hard reset - no go.

Anyone with any suggestion on where to go from here??

cheers
emmsee
Cairns.
18th December 2010, 05:07 AM |#3862  
OP Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee
Flag NSW, Australia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsee

Hi OZROM enthusiasts,
Have taken the plunge and decided to install your ROM.
I'm a Telstra user with a T9193 model, prior to today ran a [heavily modified] stock ROM with 1.66 spl.
I prepared the phone for OZROM 5.2 with a hard reset and formatted the SD card, after copying all the files to the PC.
I had a .51 radio so first thing was to install the HSPL - all OK.
Next I upgraded the radio to 2.15.40.14 [it's getting good reports at XDA] - all OK.
Next ran Task 29 [before installing OZROM[ as you suggested] - not OK.
Now when I reboot or hard reset I get to the HTC white boot screen and it freezes there.
Tried to get to bootloader screen via the usual method - no go.
Tried another hard reset - no go.

Anyone with any suggestion on where to go from here??

cheers
emmsee
Cairns.

Task 29 is like a format of your phone, so now there is no operating system on it, thats why it sits at the HTC screen.

You now need to get to the bootloader screen and flash the ROM. To get the bootloader screen, remove the back cover, hold down the volume down key, and press in the red reset button under the back cover to the bottom left of the SIM, release the soft reset button but continue to hold the volume down key in until you are presented with the tri colour bootloader screen.

Then flash the ROM using customruu.exe which you would have also used to upgrade your radio
The Following User Says Thank You to the_scotsman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the_scotsman Ad-Free
18th December 2010, 06:19 AM |#3863  
Flag Grey Nomading, Down Under
Thanks Meter: 8

More
THANK YOU!
I was concerned for a while.
Your very prompt reply [5 minutes] has relieved me and fixed the problem.
I did go back and checked Mskips Tut and it's not clear from the Tut how to achieve that last step.
OZROM 5.2 now installed and running smoothly - looks like the battery life will suffer though, so I might try several different radios over the next couple of weeks.
Have yuo found a Radio better than others for battery life?
Thanks again .
cheers
emmsee
18th December 2010, 08:06 AM |#3864  
Flag NSW, Australia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsee

THANK YOU!
I was concerned for a while.
Your very prompt reply [5 minutes] has relieved me and fixed the problem.
I did go back and checked Mskips Tut and it's not clear from the Tut how to achieve that last step.
OZROM 5.2 now installed and running smoothly - looks like the battery life will suffer though, so I might try several different radios over the next couple of weeks.
Have yuo found a Radio better than others for battery life?
Thanks again .
cheers
emmsee

No worries mate

What I find best, after flashing a new ROM, let the battery run to almost flat...then recharge it...this helps "calibrate" the battery, and you'll get better performance. The battery life with this ROM should be really good

Just post back if you have any issues
20th December 2010, 08:56 PM |#3865  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman

Nothing on the near horizon, nope

To be honest, there's not much to update anymore...WM 6.5 development has stopped.

I'll keep the ROMS going for now, but not sure if/when I'll update again.

I havent used WM since July

that's a shame, what would you recommend for an OzRom addict then
25th December 2010, 12:45 PM |#3866  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey Scozzy... or anyone running 5.2...
When I'm in Opera and I want to load one of my favourites, there's nothing there. They're fine if I go to favourites directly, and I can save favourites while I'm on a page (even though I can't see anything...)
I basically have to close Opera and open it again via my favourites menu.
Any clues? This wasn't an issue with 4.5 (which is what I flashed from), so I'm guessing its a ROM issue.

Also, a couple of things non ROM related you might be able to help me with:
I was fiddling with my Leo today on my laptop which has Vista installed, I noticed that the Windows folder off the root directory is not visible, even though show all hidden files/folders is selected. Sure enough, came home and checked it on my Windows7 PC, and I can access see and access the Windows folder now worries. Is this indeed a Vista thing, or am I missing something? And if so, is there a fix?

And secondly, I was having trouble getting the WiFi router working. My brother was able to connect WiFily to my phone on his iPhone, but said he wasn't getting any data, and my cousin's laptop was "Having trouble connecting – Searching for a resolution..." etc. Are there any tricks to getting this to work as intended? Are there any limitations? The fact both of them were trying to connect for instance (can it only handle one connection?)

Any clues anyone?
25th December 2010, 01:44 PM |#3867  
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 39

More
//OMG Sorry, I posted in wrong topic. NVM
25th December 2010, 11:08 PM |#3868  
Flag Belgrade (Serbia)
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Can i use stock ROM 3.14 or? Any sugestions?
Do i need HSPL or i can leave for example 1.66?
5th January 2011, 10:19 AM |#3869  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Last bit o'worry.
I finally got off my butt and updated to ROM 5.2 and have quickly noticed something odd.

Beyond the lack of icons in the Home Screen Tabs Personalize Settings menu, I've found that changing their order as usual seems to have no effect. So when I slide the tabs in my usual order of |HOME|PEOPLE|MESSAGES|EMAIL|CALENDER|INTERNET|MUSI C|PICTURES|DOCUMENTS|WEATHER|SETTINGS| the order remains the default |HOME|PEOPLE|MESSAGES|EMAIL|INTERNET|PICTURES|MUSI C|CALENDER|DOCUMENTS|WEATHER|SETTINGS| order. I've tried everything I can think of to swap tab order and nothing seems to work.

I don't know if its related to the icon issue, or unrelated, but that tab swap function seems to be unusual, plus it gets on my nerves when things aren't where I expect them to be. Anyone have a solution? A cab to resolve the problem and maybe the icon problem as well?

I haven't had any reception/data/call/text problems... and I haven't had any media problems with music/movies/games... so really this is the only drawback of such a near flawless rom...
5th January 2011, 10:38 AM |#3870  
Flag NSW, Australia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkekun

I finally got off my butt and updated to ROM 5.2 and have quickly noticed something odd.

Beyond the lack of icons in the Home Screen Tabs Personalize Settings menu, I've found that changing their order as usual seems to have no effect. So when I slide the tabs in my usual order of |HOME|PEOPLE|MESSAGES|EMAIL|CALENDER|INTERNET|MUSI C|PICTURES|DOCUMENTS|WEATHER|SETTINGS| the order remains the default |HOME|PEOPLE|MESSAGES|EMAIL|INTERNET|PICTURES|MUSI C|CALENDER|DOCUMENTS|WEATHER|SETTINGS| order. I've tried everything I can think of to swap tab order and nothing seems to work.

I don't know if its related to the icon issue, or unrelated, but that tab swap function seems to be unusual, plus it gets on my nerves when things aren't where I expect them to be. Anyone have a solution? A cab to resolve the problem and maybe the icon problem as well?

I haven't had any reception/data/call/text problems... and I haven't had any media problems with music/movies/games... so really this is the only drawback of such a near flawless rom...

Hmmm...I think I know what that would...there's one file that needs to be removed when I cook the ROM, and I may have forgotten. It's ManilaFull.xml in the /Windows directory. See if you can delete that with something like Total Commander?
5th January 2011, 07:43 PM |#3871  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Undeleteable...
Tried to delete ManillaFull.xml with the explorer, total commander, and then resco file manager...none of the above allow me to delete the file, stating that it is part of the rom memory...

I've found other posts relating that file to similar problems, and that it shouldn't be cooked in with CHT, so I think you may have isolated the issue...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)