[KITCHEN] Minidoudou Online ROM Customizer - Preview (CM 6.1.0 Dream/Sapphire)

Search This thread

jojotm

Jul 12, 2010
Mons
I know developers hate this question but, do you know when you're ready with the new release (final CM6.1) ?

Not all developers hate it, only lazy ones like me ;)

I'll try to have it ready by the end of the week, and then I'll get on making the final enhancements to minidoudou and we can have this thing really going.

jojotm

Jul 12, 2010
Mons
CyanogenMod 6.1.0 final on MDD

Hi!

So, I finally put CM 6.1.0 final on Minidoudou. I'm testing it right now, but everything seems and should be fine, as there are only small differences from the RC1.

Enjoy!

Reactions: 2beta

saibot64

Feb 18, 2010
Cracow
Thanks!
Only one kernel per each model? Also, it would be nice to let people know about the problems with pershoot's kernels.

2beta

May 31, 2010
What is the problems with pershoot's kernels ?
I used the Brian Crook kernel before, what is the main differences beetween these two kernels ?

jojotm

Jul 12, 2010
Mons
Only one kernel per each model? Also, it would be nice to let people know about the problems with pershoot's kernels.

I'm planning on adding more, brian crook's and maybe others.

Do you still have problems with pershoot's? I don't have any...

EDIT: I added brian crooks, if you want other feel free to suggest it :)

Last edited:

jojotm

Jul 12, 2010
Mons
What is the problems with pershoot's kernels ?
I used the Brian Crook kernel before, what is the main differences beetween these two kernels ?

Pershoot's is overclocked, undervolted and other cool stuff, but some people did report battery drain (I wouldn't go that far, but it is lower than brian crooks) and green tint :-s

wl08

Jun 25, 2007
Brain Cook kernal give me yellowish screen, wired. But Pershoot is fine. The Rom is fast and smooth. Thank you!

I just wonder if you have plan to add new radio support.

2beta

May 31, 2010
I played with some kernels to find a good one.
The pershoot is good but it drains my battery. The others are not as good.
So finally I find on the pershoot website an information about the battery bug

On Kernel 2.6.35.10 we should : After unplugging from USB, reboot to prevent excessive battery drain.

http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=1380

Known Issues:
-At sleep, you may not get all the way down to 122, although this is what has been specified. This is being investigated.
-For builds lower then Froyo (i.e. Eclair), when USB is plugged in, vold will SIGSEV.
-After unplugging from USB, please reboot to prevent excessive battery drain. *This is being worked on.

An other solution is to install an older kernel, the best one is the 2.6.34.7

http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=1096

There is a very interesting post on cyanogen about this problem,

Reactions: jojotm

jojotm

Jul 12, 2010
Mons
Thanks for that. I'll try to include an older version then, and add a little note explaining why it's there.

thorazine74

Jul 24, 2010
If you are going to include different 32b kernels I think you should include the radio/spl requirements for those that are built for newer radios. Or maybe ask the user about their current spl/radio/32b or 32a hardware and show/hide available options based on the info provided by the user.
Here is an informative thread on available kernels (and their performance):
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/12366-kernel-testing-results/

On a side note, I noticed the zips contain .DSStore and __MACOSX files and folders coming from Mac OS X that I think should not be there, specially on the files that will end up in the system partition. You may want to look into ignoring those files when packing up the the zip files.

Pedro Brito

Dec 27, 2010
Porto
There's any kernel that doesn't have camera reboot issue with CM6.1 [32A]?
I was "forced" to use a 2.1 Eclair ROM and the reboots are gone. But i wanted to use CM 6.1

Anyone can help?

gomo187

Apr 3, 2008
MASS
Hey guys, just wanted to say I cooked a ROM with this amazing kitchen the other day, its named 32a in the kitchen if anyones interested. Just wanted to say everything is running beautifully for 2 days now. Great speed and battery life. Want to thank jojo and the CM team for making it all happen. This definitely added a little mileage to my Magic.

Also another thank you jojo 8SG57802AV542480X

Last edited:
Reactions: jojotm

milowke

Jul 18, 2010
OnePlus Nord
Hello jojo,
I was wondering if there will be updates, and if you will make a gingerbreath rom.
You have done already a great job with this roms so, I hope you will update it more and more.
Would love to see a gingerbreath rom from you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sigpic2738991_2.gif

Minidoudou is available online! There is still work to do, but it is already fully functional and you can try it on to configure your own mod of CyanogenMod 6.1.0 for HTC Dream / Sapphire.

Try it on here: http://minidoudou.joelcogen.com
    and let me know what you think!

Todo (in the order it will be done, probably)
    - Connect to an external storage provider (sendspace)
    - Make it pretty
    - Fix IE UI issues
    - Add system/data option, with a nice drag&drop
    - Add advanced mode, with moving of any APK in the ROM
    - Display "hand" cursor on draggable elements
    - Check /system size
    - Fix changes application order
    - Add deprecation to APKs
    - Users management for contributors
    - Select field for mutually exclusive packages (kernel)
    - Fix double upload issue
    - Whatever you suggest below :)
    Anyone happen to have problems with gps? 2 of my apps (Sygic and iGO) are crashing after moving to RC1. I don't blame minidoudou but just wanted to see if i'm the only one. I'm running bcrooks kernel.

Uhm, I didn't tried the GPS yet.
    Do they crash when you open the app or when you are using it for a couple minutes?
    CyanogenMod 6.1.0 final on MDD

Hi!

So, I finally put CM 6.1.0 final on Minidoudou. I'm testing it right now, but everything seems and should be fine, as there are only small differences from the RC1.

Enjoy!
    I played with some kernels to find a good one.
    The pershoot is good but it drains my battery. The others are not as good.
    So finally I find on the pershoot website an information about the battery bug

On Kernel 2.6.35.10 we should : After unplugging from USB, reboot to prevent excessive battery drain.

http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=1380

Known Issues:
    -At sleep, you may not get all the way down to 122, although this is what has been specified. This is being investigated.
    -For builds lower then Froyo (i.e. Eclair), when USB is plugged in, vold will SIGSEV.
    -After unplugging from USB, please reboot to prevent excessive battery drain. *This is being worked on.

An other solution is to install an older kernel, the best one is the 2.6.34.7

http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=1096

There is a very interesting post on cyanogen about this problem,
    Hey guys, just wanted to say I cooked a ROM with this amazing kitchen the other day, its named 32a in the kitchen if anyones interested. Just wanted to say everything is running beautifully for 2 days now. Great speed and battery life. Want to thank jojo and the CM team for making it all happen. This definitely added a little mileage to my Magic.

Also another thank you jojo 8SG57802AV542480X