AOSP GingerBread!! Dream v0.2

Search This thread

Dominating

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
Google Pixel 6a
Hey XDA, this is my first rom its just a basic compile of AOSP, very slow and buggy at this stage i'm afraid, but figured you guys would want to see it in the flesh and hopefully i will be making it run alot quicker in the near future.

To install:
1) Wipe / Data / Cache
2) flash Pryon_Gingerbread.zip
3) flash 2708 kernel found here: http://droidbasement.com/g1/kernels/ram/2635/18/boot-cm_2635.9_ds_32b-oc-uv-xtra-ram-fp-121510.zip
4) Boot Gingerbread.

v.03 COMING SOON

12/21/2010 v.02
LINK :: http://www.4shared.com/file/HCuuugqE/pryon_gingerbread_v02.html

12/19/2010 (first release) v.01

:: Change log:: v.02
Added Gapps that doesn't crash rom
Added Busybox and Toolbox
Google Sync should be working now
Added Facebook
Slightly faster but still very buggy and not a daily rom.
WiFi Fixed also should work with mytouch now.

Attachments

• home.png
    home.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 2,382
  • lockscreen.png
    lockscreen.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 2,024
  • settings.png
    settings.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 2,479
  • apps.png
    apps.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,038
Last edited:

irisiris

Mar 16, 2007
well... if wifi and gapps were working..it mite b good for many to atleast download n try n bug reporting

Dominating

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
Google Pixel 6a
Working on WiFi now, bug reports would be good, although there's to many to count :)

2.2 AOSP seemed a whole lot faster then 2.3 but this is just a start and also this is the first time i have cooked a rom worth releasing so be patient please :) speed takes time + I'm new to all this :p

aliwaqas

May 25, 2010
Islamabad
Can you please post some screen shots? and btw, have you fixed wi-fi in this build or are you planning on a ver .2 ? And yes, can I please have a list of what's actually working? I know its all too much to ask for but I guess these questions will help understand this AOSP for G1 more.

Thanks in advance

Dukenukemx

Jul 24, 2008
Jersey
Photos and benchmarks would be nice. I'm a flash-o-holic as it is, but I wanna start using my phone. Seems like every week I'm switching to another rom. So I'm sticking to what I got.

bluizzo

Photos and benchmarks would be nice. I'm a flash-o-holic as it is, but I wanna start using my phone. Seems like every week I'm switching to another rom. So I'm sticking to what I got.

Um dunno if you read the whole post, but bro said this ain't fast and is buggy, and to top it off he said he's new to this. Soo it can't really be a daily driver. I'm using that CM6 gingerbread mock up, which I like and its been fine for days on end, don't do much on it but I have the new radio w/ 15 or 14 ram hack, firerats aio-script, and new market, don't use data but use wifi, and I almost have half battery by the end of the day and that's about a good ten hours for me. Dunno what's good for you, but I recommend. But really use common sense and read the op. You can keep up on the progress or support the cause and help out and give a bug report
Sent from my HTC Dream

Dominating

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
Google Pixel 6a
Sorry guys had a real busy day yesterday didn't get much done but before i head out christmas shopping i'll try and get the next release fixed wifi and hopefully some gapps will be included.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey XDA, this is my first rom its just a basic compile of AOSP, very slow and buggy at this stage i'm afraid, but figured you guys would want to see it in the flesh and hopefully i will be making it run alot quicker in the near future.

To install:
    1) Wipe / Data / Cache
    2) flash Pryon_Gingerbread.zip
    3) flash 2708 kernel found here: http://droidbasement.com/g1/kernels/ram/2635/18/boot-cm_2635.9_ds_32b-oc-uv-xtra-ram-fp-121510.zip
    4) Boot Gingerbread.

v.03 COMING SOON

12/21/2010 v.02
    LINK :: http://www.4shared.com/file/HCuuugqE/pryon_gingerbread_v02.html

12/19/2010 (first release) v.01

:: Change log:: v.02
    Added Gapps that doesn't crash rom
    Added Busybox and Toolbox
    Google Sync should be working now
    Added Facebook
    Slightly faster but still very buggy and not a daily rom.
    WiFi Fixed also should work with mytouch now.
    Hey, guys i know you have been waiting to long!... been hell busy over new years and just haven't been able to put time in on android working on a new build now going to be a lot more stable and faster + new gapps and some cm loving. No ETA on release as of yet had to reinstall my devbox and fix a heap of stuff so i'm hoping for a release in a day or 2 but not 100% at this stage.

+ a big thanks to forumdoandroid.com the guys over there have given me FTP access so no more waiting for 4shared etc.
    I hate to say this but I think this is the third gingerbread thread I've seen started in one day. Obviously ezterry has already a thread or compiling the GB source code. So instead of cluttering the forums with unnecessary post why don't you just help out there

Sent from my HTC Dream using XDA App

you are getting really rude the last days

anyway this thread was created 2 or 3 days BEFORE ezterry's thread. and in g1 section there isnt much going on anylonger.
    so pls stop trolling/flaming.

i'm okay with flaming those noob thread creators but not sth where someone really puts effort in.
    made some slight progress on the build today still minimal at the least sorry to say but some is better then none :)
    Sorry guys my build folder has gone crazy and completely full of errors so I'm re syncing the latest google repo and i'll try and get a release out, but its looking like i would have to start from ground up so most likely won't be out till after christmas =(

Sorry, Happy Christmas though :)