Zinio & PressDisplay for Android from Galaxy Tab

Search This thread

hhspiny

Oct 13, 2008
Zinio, PressDisplay, and Readershub extracted from most recent version of Galaxy Tab ROM (JMA). (Actually the readershub was extracted from JK5). Zinio is not beta anymore.

works fine in Nexus One. Now the zinio preview shows the entire page, and allows work in landscape (but crashes often in landscape, works perfectly in portait).

Attachments

• Zinio.apk
    5.6 MB · Views: 69,887
  • ReadersHub.apk
    4.1 MB · Views: 55,043
  • PressReader.apk
    601.8 KB · Views: 40,873

jinxxer

Sep 27, 2010
Zinio Does not seem to work on Droid X, any suggestions?

It installs "succesfully" but doesnt add to app drawer, go to app manager and click launch, it returns error message "Activity not found - com.zinio.samsung.android"

EDIT: Figured it out, have to install readers hub, and luanch it, then click magazines to launch zinio!

-Thanks!

-M

Last edited:

evohtc

Jun 22, 2010
Works great, just finished a magazine with no issues

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Einhasad

Mar 22, 2010
Timisoara
What about the ebook reader included in the readershub can`t u rip it as well?

Works great on Desire Cyanogen mod 6.1.0 so far.

dbregman

Aug 2, 2010
Thanks for posting - can you get magazines full screen on your device? I can not on my Tab (as others have posted elsewhere) I have to zoom in slightly to get the image. Not really usable this way, as you then need to zoom out to change pages.

evohtc

Jun 22, 2010
Only annoying thing is that Zinio doesn't multitask. If u leave the app and try to return to it, you gotta reload the magazine you were reading.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ragdoll20

Sep 13, 2009
Hi, i have a big question: will this work on one of those crappy chinese tablets for like 100/200 bucks? I really want this app to read my skateboarding and surf subscriptions. but i dont need an expensive tablet..
soooo.... would this work on a 10 inch tablet that has 2.2?

Please say yes! :p

zhuozhi211

Sep 19, 2008
Works on Dell Streak.

PressDisplay doesnt work too well in portrait mode as the page overlapping each other. but in landscape it work fine... anyway to solve this issue?

sjmoreno

Dec 19, 2010
DFW, TX
Thanks for posting this. I have been using Zinio on my Viewsonic G Tablet for a few weeks now and am loving it. It works fine in landscape or portrait mode for me. It shows all of my subscriptions except for one which is an "interactive" magazine.

I have sent Zinio support an email about it as all of their FAQs are telling me to uninstall and install the latest version of the reader. Hopefully they will turn me on to a newer apk.

DaHarder

Dec 6, 2010
Zinio/The Reader's Hub was one of the primary reasons that I bought my Galaxy Tab, and finally it's here and working as expected. :D

jlgerardo

Jan 21, 2011
Thank you lots!!!!

Finally I can read my zinio magazines in my SGS... not perfect but it works... remember to install the three files. Access to Zinio is through Reader's Hub under magazine...

Enjoy

Samsung Galaxy S

Itslife

Feb 12, 2011
Works great on the Adam

This is exactly what I have been looking for. I have installed it on the Notion Ink Adam and it works without any issues.

Any idea if we can change the Zinio download folder (to say a SD card or a USB drive)?

Thanks,
Richard

drumdumb

Nov 11, 2007
Opened today and was greeted by a pop up saying this version is no longer supported! Anyone get a newer version? There is no updater that I could find! Anyone able to rip the update from galaxy?

newxr

Feb 25, 2011
Me Four - Resolved

Hi

I had it partially working on my Archos 101 - worked fully in portrait but only text mode in landscape.

A couple of days ago I got the same non supported pop up with no way to upgrade.

Contacted support and a few hours later it was working again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Zinio, PressDisplay, and Readershub extracted from most recent version of Galaxy Tab ROM (JMA). (Actually the readershub was extracted from JK5). Zinio is not beta anymore.

works fine in Nexus One. Now the zinio preview shows the entire page, and allows work in landscape (but crashes often in landscape, works perfectly in portait).
    I've tried it in every order possible. It still doesn't work on my Xoom. It crashes after I put in my username and password. Does it need to be rooted? What's wrong with my xoom?

There is a bug in the Zinio app. If your userId is bigger than 2147483647 (the maximum value for a 32-bit signed integer) the app will crash.

Code:
      public long insertUser(String userId)
      {
        int i = Integer.parseInt(userId);
        return i;
      }

I have changed it to:

Code:
    long i = Long.parseLong(userId);

Tested on Xperia X10i 2.1-update1 (2.1.A.0.435) no root, original ROM
    The press reader portion of the apps don't work. I can't create an account and the online store simply returns a "Can not connect to server"
    I'm trying to get it to work on my Notion Ink Adam, but is Force-closes everytime. No matter how I hold the device...

@itslife: which Rom do you use? Thanks for answering :)

I am using the Notion Ink ROM which has been since updated twice by Notion lnk. In other words, I have not rooted my Adam.
    Restored my NI Adam to the factory-settings, but still no luck... Force closes whenever I try to connect to the server. It doesn't do that when the server isn't available (as last weekend). :mad:

That is unfortunate. Did you install the Notion Ink manual update and the OTA update? Have you also installed all three programs? I cannot say for sure (and I am not sure if it matters), but I think I installed the programs in the following order:

1. ReadersHub.apk
    2. PressReader.apk
    3. Zinio.apk