1,471 posts
Thanks Meter: 353

By Brut.all, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th February 2010, 03:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th December 2010, 05:25 AM |#2141  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is a problem with the brut 4.6.0.4686 and cyanogen 6.1.1?

Reason i ask is because i was running brut fine when i was stock rom rooted FRG83 but now after installing the cyan above i cant get it to install and i have tried several times.

cheers

20th December 2010, 06:14 AM |#2142  
Flag Pretoria
Thanks Meter: 60

More
1. Install gm5 from wherever
2. install brut 4.6 tagged , the one that show brut on the icons. They both work 2gether
3.1st run will get stuck, wait or fc
4. open again, Ayobaness all the way.
5. Navigation only with 4.6

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skyelm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skyelm Ad-Free
20th December 2010, 11:33 AM |#2143  
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Guys, http://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/736146/...14_brutdev.apk here we have gm5 brutted, but I'm not sure if it's a real brut's apk. Could Brut.all cjnfirm that it is valid application? And does it back compatible with 4.6.x version's cache?

Coz after I install it, it says my cache size is 2 MBs only, while 4.6.x's cache I have is about 30 MBs.
20th December 2010, 12:41 PM |#2144  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 2,900

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creage

Guys, http://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/736146/...14_brutdev.apk here we have gm5 brutted, but I'm not sure if it's a real brut's apk. Could Brut.all cjnfirm that it is valid application? And does it back compatible with 4.6.x version's cache?

Coz after I install it, it says my cache size is 2 MBs only, while 4.6.x's cache I have is about 30 MBs.

It's a hack by one of the people there, not official but likely working

Sent from a piece of ginger bread
20th December 2010, 01:26 PM |#2145  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 353

More
It's possible to enable multitouch rotation: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=880447 . Works on my Dream :)

I really don't understand why manufacturers disable these features by default. It's disabled on quite up-to-date Nexus One, but even archaic Dream has this feature. I remember when 18 months ago some modders discovered that Dream is capable of MT - it was sold as single-touch device. I remember demos on YouTube that proved MT is true. Now seems first Android phone isn't only MT-capable, but it has "distinct multitouch", which is software-locked even on most newer, officially MT-capable phones.

Could someone explain to me, why manufacturers hide advantages of their own products (at least HTC does)?

There will be more of force-enable switches in next release of this mod ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creage

404. I didn't release GMM5.x, I think it's just that file I have uploaded few pages ago - stock GMM with force-enabled vector maps. And where do you see cache size? In about screen? It's not about mod cache, but cache of GMM itself.
20th December 2010, 01:31 PM |#2146  
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Probably they do that because it doesn't work 100% and may count as fake advertising.
For example, multitouch rotation probably works, but if you cross 2 axes it messes up.

By the way, any ETA for brut5?
20th December 2010, 02:07 PM |#2147  
Thanks Meter: 398

More
with Gmaps 5 the only feature I really miss is that you can't change the language manually. I prefer english as system language but as I'm navigating in germany all the time I'd like german directions (the english voice fails at about 95% of the street names).
Brut, is there any chance you could add a language switch in maps?
I tried just replacing en.xml with de.xml myself but couldn't get it to work, the resulting apk would crash when starting it
20th December 2010, 04:08 PM |#2148  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut.all

Could someone explain to me, why manufacturers hide advantages of their own products (at least HTC does)?

It's a good way to get people to buy new phones. Why make a phone that does it all? That would just kill sales of future models. No, each new model should be just a little bit better than the old models and the competition.
20th December 2010, 10:09 PM |#2149  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGTO

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is a problem with the brut 4.6.0.4686 and cyanogen 6.1.1?

Reason i ask is because i was running brut fine when i was stock rom rooted FRG83 but now after installing the cyan above i cant get it to install and i have tried several times.

cheers

Just to clarify the above I managed to install maps4.4.0.4414-brut16 on the phone fine but the most recent brut as listed in the quoted text would not install any clarification?

cheers
20th December 2010, 11:17 PM |#2150  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Forcing custom locale could be just great.
Here in Israel we don't have official support for gmaps app at all.
That's not a problem and we get it from the market with marketaccess. But then all our maps are in english whatever locale we set as a system one...
That's so dumb, really. I KNOW it could work in hebrew, it actually worked till version 4.4 if I remember right... if it's possible to allow config. to force maps locale I'd be very thankful. There are a LOT of people praying for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by XlAfbk

with Gmaps 5 the only feature I really miss is that you can't change the language manually. I prefer english as system language but as I'm navigating in germany all the time I'd like german directions (the english voice fails at about 95% of the street names).
Brut, is there any chance you could add a language switch in maps?
I tried just replacing en.xml with de.xml myself but couldn't get it to work, the resulting apk would crash when starting it

20th December 2010, 11:34 PM |#2151  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
plz add force enable tilt

i find the tilt setting resets after you don't use the maps for a while...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brut, buzz, google maps, navigation, offline

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)