FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Google maps 5.0] Fix - two finger rotation

4,077 posts
Thanks Meter: 737
 
By rori~, Senior Member on 20th December 2010, 10:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Google Maps 5.0 Two Finger Rotation for Cm 6.1.x - distinct multitouch for motorola sholes
[As CM 6.1.x did not get the latest commits and #cm_nightly failed hereĀ“s it]

How to:
- in ../system/etc/permissions/..
- exchange "android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml" with "android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct. xml"
- set permissions:
Code:
adb shell chmod 644 /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.xml
- reboot


.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rori~ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rori~ Ad-Free
 
 
20th December 2010, 05:51 PM |#2  
freezepop's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I swapped the files as you instructed, however I multitouch I had before is now gone all together. I was wondering though do I have to get rid of the ...distinct... part or leave it in, because I left it as is when I moved it over the system folder.
20th December 2010, 06:05 PM |#3  
rori~'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 737
 
Donate to Me
More
new in...old out

Sent from my Nexus One
20th December 2010, 06:17 PM |#4  
freezepop's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
nope still nothing...I downloaded the file and swapped it using Root Explorer
and using Rom Manager I fixed permissions and rebooted

is that method feasible or would that not function as well?

thanks
20th December 2010, 11:36 PM |#5  
rori~'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 737
 
Donate to Me
More
set permissions to: rw-r--r--

Sent from my Nexus One
The Following User Says Thank You to rori~ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rori~ Ad-Free
21st December 2010, 05:55 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezepop

I swapped the files as you instructed, however I multitouch I had before is now gone all together. I was wondering though do I have to get rid of the ...distinct... part or leave it in, because I left it as is when I moved it over the system folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezepop

nope still nothing...I downloaded the file and swapped it using Root Explorer
and using Rom Manager I fixed permissions and rebooted

is that method feasible or would that not function as well?

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rori~

set permissions to: rw-r--r--

Sent from my Nexus One

Did all this . Downloaded new xml file, swapped it with the old one, set permissions to rw-r--r-- then opened up terminal emulator and did
su
chmod 644 /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.x ml
rebooted and had lost multitouch .

running droid 1 with CHARITY--Smoked Glass Themed Version 11 !! Froyo 2.2.1 FRG83D. Was running just rooted stock 2.2.1 before, got the update and the rotation worked. everything worked in charity except the 2 finger rotation.
21st December 2010, 06:44 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by svrnmnd

Did all this . Downloaded new xml file, swapped it with the old one, set permissions to rw-r--r-- then opened up terminal emulator and did
su
chmod 644 /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.x ml
rebooted and had lost multitouch .

running droid 1 with CHARITY--Smoked Glass Themed Version 11 !! Froyo 2.2.1 FRG83D. Was running just rooted stock 2.2.1 before, got the update and the rotation worked. everything worked in charity except the 2 finger rotation.

SORRY!!! forgot to mount as r/w when chmod. working great now..THANKS!!!
21st December 2010, 09:13 PM |#8  
maybeiknowstuff's Avatar
Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 48
 
Donate to Me
More
Worked fine for me, thanks for reassuring I wasn't going crazy.

It worked fine on my MIUI build I'm running if it counts for anything, but not to much of a shock to me.

Two thumbs up! Thanks.
26th December 2010, 05:33 PM |#9  
freezepop's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rori~

set permissions to: rw-r--r--

Sent from my Nexus One

Thank you I didn't notice that I had to change the permissions in Root Explorer itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrnmnd

SORRY!!! forgot to mount as r/w when chmod. working great now..THANKS!!!

can you please elaborate
I do
su
mount r/w chmod...and it returns a file directory doesnt exist to me...or do I write that in the line
chmod 644 /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.x ml

so it is as

chmod 644 mount r/w /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.x ml


EDIT:
nevermind I got it work thanks for the help
8th January 2011, 07:36 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
thank you soo much for this mod! hitting the thanks button!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes