Internet explorer specs

Search This thread

NTpspE

Oct 23, 2009
Hey guys, I've had an Alpine for a while now, and after moving around devices i've found myself using it again, primarily due to the fact it's now mounted to my wrist (if anyone here is a fallout fan, you know what i mean :p )

I've always thought of developing software for it, but never really got round to it, or had the time to learn any form of programming.
However, I do have a lot of knowledge in HTML, PHP and Java, and I want to try and come up with something browser based for my Alpine, and possibly even yours!

So, I have Opera Mini 5 set as my default browser, but that doesn't set it as default when opening local .html files sadly, therefore i'm going to try stick to the default Internet Explorer, therefore if anybody know's the spec's for the version of Internet Explorer built into the device, what languages and scripts it supports, ways to get it to display more like a real application (any ways to remove the bottom/top bar, getting it to display fullscreen) or any other details, and if anybody can contribute feel free to share ideas or code here.

--On a side note, i'm starting a website specifically for Alpine software/roms/support, so if you own one, you might want to check it out, i need contributers, link should be in my signature.

Thanks in advance :)

NTpspE

Oct 23, 2009
It will also be useful to know the display size for internet explorer on the Alpine, as in the pixels the browser window displays

NTpspE

Oct 23, 2009
I like opera, it's fast and keeps my bookmarks synchronised with my computer, but that's not what this thread is about. I'm wanting to know the specs for the default internet explorer in order to see if i can develop any useful localised web apps for the apline.