[REF] The HTC Vision (Desire Z & G2) Radio ROM & Official BLs Thread

Search This thread

pimpmaneaton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Reactions: Niiceg

iiedii

Nov 23, 2010
Do you by chance know of any other way to flash this new radio without fastboot from a computer. I've tried several times to get fastboot to work on my laptop and it just won't. I've used SDK on several phones in the past but just dosen't seem to play nice with my G2.

Well, I attached a file "android-info.txt". Pack it with radio.img in a single ZIP file.

Then rename it as "PC10IMG.zip" and copy it to the root of your SD card.

Finally, start the phone in hboot BOOTLOADER and wait a minute, it will automatically update the radio without connecting to the PC.

It works for me, hope it helps!

Attachments

• android-info.7z
    194 bytes · Views: 171

Gwanatu

Oct 12, 2010
Apopka, FL
Wow I'm dumb. I read the guide here(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=865685) and found that I didn't have HTC Sync installed on my laptop. Installed that and was able to fastboot flash the newest radio no problem. Thanks you guys for the guides and all the work you do.

Glad you got it. There are so many steps to follow some times that it's just plain easy to forget one! It took me a while to get ADB working as well, and I think it was for a similar reason honestly.

wallyhonda

Sep 20, 2010
ust like to say that I first tried flashing newest radio.img from sdcard, with no success. Then i tried on fastboot, device id came up and whatever and the radio.img sent okay everytime. But everytime it tried to write it failed saying remote: not allowed. So then i zipped the radio.img with that txt doc and renamed it and it worked without a charm. Im noticing noticable increase in signal, but not a huge difference. But thanks to everyone for there contribution.

Niiceg

Jul 8, 2010
Vilnius
Well, I attached a file "android-info.txt". Pack it with radio.img in a single ZIP file.

Finally, start the phone in hboot BOOTLOADER and wait a minute, it will automatically update the radio without connecting to the PC.

How to flash hboot?

P.S. maybe there is a method like this? Because flashing image alone didn't work for me

joemm

I haven't noticed any difference at all in my reception. Or maybe I just didn't do any extensive testing on it. I used to abide by the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it..." But I guess it's hard to apply it when it comes to flashing stuffs (rom, kernel, radio, etc.). gfree_verify returned OK for CID, secu_flag, and SIMLOCK.

LOL...., I know what you mean about flashing stuff. My reception seems really good most of the time, guess Ill leave the radio alone. :)

mafiaboy01

Sep 17, 2007
Toronto
Hi, I have a bell desire z unlocked, rooted. My reception seems to be bad with any radio I use, any ideas?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

ddk19

Nov 21, 2010
Has anybody noticed any improvements in signal, voice quality, etc? Does this radio jump around less? I'm in a 4g area so I'm trying to figure out how it can get any better. Thx for help ppls

Gravityrat

Oct 8, 2010
Austin
Maybe it's a freak of nature but I just flashed this radio via fastboot and I got incredible reception.
Let me just say I was fairly disappointed with Tmobile because I had this phone and didn't get HSPA at home or at my work.

I am now going crazy cause I am sitting in my house now with an average of about 72 dbm of HSDPA bliss.

sundar2012

Oct 8, 2009
Manhattan
Maybe it's a freak of nature but I just flashed this radio via fastboot and I got incredible reception.
Let me just say I was fairly disappointed with Tmobile because I had this phone and didn't get HSPA at home or at my work.

I am now going crazy cause I am sitting in my house now with an average of about 72 dbm of HSDPA bliss.

Which radio did you flash?

Json_81

Feb 3, 2010
I have a strange thing after flashing latest radio, phone shows "G" for gprs sometimes but I'm definately having 3G / HSDPA speed, even tested with speedtest.net / bredbandskollen.se (swedish equivalent)

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

sundar2012

Oct 8, 2009
Manhattan
So i'm a bit confused on the definitive answer to this:

If I am gfree, S-OFF + SUPERCID + Unlocked then is there any danger in flashing the egypt radio? What if you accidentally flash the egypt hboot as well?

Basically, once I have S-OFF is there anything I can do software wise to really brick my phone?

verkion

Sep 3, 2007
I flashed my G2 to the newest Radio on the front page. Pretty easy procedure. For all you guys having problems, make sure you have the Engineering HBoot. Reception with it is fine. I have noticed my phone getting super hot when downloading/heavily using the HSPA connection...much hotter it seems, than before.

verkion

steviewevie

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2009
UK
So i'm a bit confused on the definitive answer to this:

If I am gfree, S-OFF + SUPERCID + Unlocked then is there any danger in flashing the egypt radio? What if you accidentally flash the egypt hboot as well?

Basically, once I have S-OFF is there anything I can do software wise to really brick my phone?

Don't flash the Egypt hboot ! We don't know for sure what that does yet, and it might do bad things in terms of locking down your phone.

No, I don't think there's any danger flashing just the Egypt radio on its own, if you are fully unlocked beforehand.

There are still various ways in which you could brick your phone if you do the wrong stuff, but you'll be in a much easier position to recover if you have radio S-OFF via gfree. Having the engineering hboot (the correct one for your phone, G2 or DZ) will help your recovery options too. But do that after gfree.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the HTC Vision (TMOUS G2 and Desire Z) Radio ROM & Official BLs Thread!

Well, my old HD2 Radio ROM Thread became a reference for all HD2 users, so.. I'm retrying this here now :)

Radio ROM Downloads:

Vision_RADIO_12.28e.60.140f_26.04.02.17: MegaUpload
    Vision_RADIO_12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.26: MegaUpload
    Vision_RADIO_12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.18: MegaUpload
    Vision_RADIO_12.28a.60.140e_26.03.02.08: MegaUpload
    Vision_RADIO_12.26.60.1301_26.02.00.24: MegaUpload
    Vision_TMOUS_RADIO_12.21.60.09b_26.02.01.15 (G2): MegaUpload

Official hBoot Downloads:

Vision_HBOOT_0.85.0005: MegaUpload
    Vision_HBOOT_0.85.0002: MegaUpload
    Vision_TMOBILE_HBOOT_0.82.0000 (G2): MegaUpload

Installing:

0. Make sure you've got the ENGINEERING HBOOT installed on your device!
    1. Download the archive
    2. Decompress it, you'll have a .img file (its name should be "radio.img")
    3. Copy it into your fastboot folder
    4. Boot your device into FastBoot mode and connect it to your PC via USB
    5. Go into your Android SDK folder with CMD (Windows) or Linux terminal
    6. Flash the Radio on your device: "fastboot flash radio radio.img"
    7. Wait until the process finishes. You should read "COMPLETE" on your device's display.
    8. Reboot
    9. Enjoy!

Please note that you should flash a new radio only if you really know what you're doing!

NOTE: 26.04.02.17 is known to work on G2 and most probably all the radios are flashable on both G2 and D-Z.

Happy flashing!
    -kholk
    I think the general consensus is it's safer to flash the radio (and HBOOT/SPL) from fastboot unless it's a radio specifically for the device. With the G1, after a lot of debate, it was discovered that it was being bricked when flashing the SPL with the wrong radio in recovery, and that it was actually borking the recovery partition. I think this is the thread that explains it. Again, the above thread is in regard to the G1, but I believe a good reason why it's better to flash via fastboot.

That doesn't apply to the G2 as all SPLs and radios are compatible, so far...
    The main reason is that fastboot won't let you flash a corrupt radio where as a zip will flash indiscriminately in recovery.

It's also a good detriment from flash happy noobs. They should take the time to learn and figure out what an spl is.

Do you by chance know of any other way to flash this new radio without fastboot from a computer. I've tried several times to get fastboot to work on my laptop and it just won't. I've used SDK on several phones in the past but just dosen't seem to play nice with my G2.

So a (probably silly) question on radio ROMs......
    Is it possible to change the frequency your handset operates at by changing the ROM, or is the frequency determined by the hardware?

The reason I'm asking is that I also have a Bell Canada handset (850/1900 MHz) which works fine when I'm at home in Australia, but won't work if I'm travelling through Asia which I do quite regularly. Is it possible to get a custom 850/2100MHz ROM?

That would be hardware..you can't actually change the frequency of the phone..the radio is the software side of things as far as I know...you could probably use it in asia but only get 2g data..I know :(

Sent from my HTC DesireZed
    All the links are dead :S

Could you please re-link?

This is an old thread, to find more updated links see here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43195539

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium