cant set Phone Pad as default input method

Search This thread

vapor

Aug 4, 2005
Philadelphia
I tried to set the Phone Pad as the default input method by following the instructions here:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=WM5_Tweaks_Other

Set default SIP

The default SIP on practically every device is the Keyboard. You may prefer entry with a different SIP. If so, you can set this to be the default SIP through:

HKCU\ControlPanel\SIP\DefaultIM = |SIP ClassID|

The |SIP ClassID| will depend on the SIP's ClassID, which may vary per-device. You can find the correct ClassID by searching for "IsSIPInputMethod" in HKCR, then going to the top key and checking the name of the SIP that's in the (Default) value.
Please note that this doesn't work with all SIPs. Transcriber/Calligrapher are two examples of this.
You can, however, set Transcriber as the default SIP by starting Transcriber.exe on startup. (This should be moved to, or added to, non-registry Tweaks page)
WARNING: Do not assume that the below ClassIDs would be -as found- on your device! Setting it to a non-existant SIP may prevent your device from booting up!

Howevere, when I did a soft reset, the screen turned white which means that the settings did not work and I hard to hard reset. Is there any other way to get Phone Pad to be the default SIP.

dave106

Dec 22, 2005
search the registry for "Phone Pad" to find the classID to make sure what you put in is correct. the wiki just assumes what the class id is from previous wm5 phones.

El_Mar1ach1

Apr 3, 2005
vapor said:
i realised that sometimes i am unable to select Phone Pad. any of you facing the same problem too?
I've got the same problem!!! It seems that sometimes if I select Phone Pad It doesn't work right and the system shows the default keyb.
How can I fix it?

vapor

Aug 4, 2005
Philadelphia
El_Mar1ach1 said:
vapor said:
i realised that sometimes i am unable to select Phone Pad. any of you facing the same problem too?
I've got the same problem!!! It seems that sometimes if I select Phone Pad It doesn't work right and the system shows the default keyb.
How can I fix it?

So far, I have yet to find a solution. But if I do, I'll be sure to let you know.

uncaloke

Sep 4, 2006
Dear all, sorry to hijack but can someone enlighten me to how I can get the phonepad SIP into the 838Pro? I tried installing PhonePad_Magician_Generic_WWE_RC12.CAB and PhonePad_WM5_StrongARM.cab but it does not work after a soft reset.

Can someone advise me which cab file I shld use?

Sleuth255

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 3, 2006
Milwaukee
blog.kwilcox.org
@vapor:

yeah, I'm working on a version of SIPChange that will set and manage its own startup shortcut as well as allow you to change the default timeout. Getting the startup shortcut correct is one of the biggest headaches with my little app... I haven't had a lot of free cycles to devote to it lately though.

natong

Mar 7, 2008
don't edit registry. it will need hard reset.

use program sipchange 1.1 or phoneAlarm

SIP need to set every reboot that bill gate brain.

phoneAlarm.jpg

sipchange.jpg