General Android and hardware problems queries? Ask them HERE* :)

Search This thread

doldolchan

Aug 10, 2008
i've installed ultimate voice recorder on a diam100 running AOSP 2.2 v2. it can record my voice but unable to record the voice of the opposite side. is this a bug or else?

Houndog

Jul 13, 2005
Video Flashes

First let me say that I am loving Android on the Fuze. Thanks so very much for everyones hard work. Other than battery life, I am really only having one issue, and I appologize if this has already been answered. I tried to look for an answer, but coudn't find it in existing posts. My video, no matter which one I play, flashes constantly. Is this a known issue and is there a fix or way around it?

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
First let me say that I am loving Android on the Fuze. Thanks so very much for everyones hard work. Other than battery life, I am really only having one issue, and I appologize if this has already been answered. I tried to look for an answer, but coudn't find it in existing posts. My video, no matter which one I play, flashes constantly. Is this a known issue and is there a fix or way around it?

I heard the new 2.2 builds work better with video. Not sure tho, I never watch videos on this tiny screen!

konker

Jan 9, 2006
Forced close on Browser, Messages & Contacts w/Wifi error

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the Android arena so I need some answers to a few nagging issues.
I'm currently running XDANDROID 2.2 V2.BETA off a Class 4 microSDHC 4Gb card on my AT&T Fuze with custom WM6.5 ROM.
However, I kept experiencing the following issues:
-Browser: Terminates unexpectedly even before starting
-Contacts: Terminates unexpectedly even before starting
-WiFi adapter error; cannot start but 1/9 times, it works.
Any suggestion as to what might be wrong?
Please advise me accordingly.
Thanks!

Update 18-07-10:
Wiped the whole 4Gb & ran a new copy of XDANDROID 2.2 V2.BETA & the first three issues were not present anymore. Don't know what caused it.
WiFi adapter error still remained even though it works in WM6.5 prior to booting Android.
Any suggestion welcomed.

Last edited:

IceWee

Jun 12, 2010
Beijing
Hi, friend!
I have a question. I have downloaded the version2.2,WIFI is good, but there is no signal, can not search the mobile network, so can not calling and sending msg. I am from China,

Melodylion

Oct 11, 2009
Hello

I'm searching this hardware keyboard mapping...
Unfortunately the wiki where the pictures are is not longer reachable...
does somebody knows which layout this is, or how i can make a new one?

greatz

Attachments

• picanom-picture-01-2010-07-19.jpg
    picanom-picture-01-2010-07-19.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 42

SergiusGee

Sep 27, 2009
Saint-Petersburg
I have an interesting question, are we able to listen to FM radio (the one through the headset and without internet, just good old radio) on RAPH 100 and with which app is it possible?

themenucha

Jun 1, 2009
Tel Aviv
Problem installing Android

Hi!I'm trying to install android on my HTC TOUCH PRO.I'm using Gen.y.dualBOOT and every time i try to boot on android i get "cannot open script file\storage card\default.txt".... What am I doing wrong?
thanx!

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Hi!I'm trying to install android on my HTC TOUCH PRO.I'm using Gen.y.dualBOOT and every time i try to boot on android i get "cannot open script file\storage card\default.txt".... What am I doing wrong?
thanx!

Didn't move your startup.txt? Not sure how gen.y does it tho. May want to look for support over there... I can only support what I run, which is NOT gen.y.

doldolchan

Aug 10, 2008
Hi Everyone,

My diam100 can run the AOSP 2.2 but I cannot download and install any apps from the market because the sd card is read-only. I didn't experience this problem before I partition the internal storage by gparted. Look forward to your advices...

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Hi Everyone,

My diam100 can run the AOSP 2.2 but I cannot download and install any apps from the market because the sd card is read-only. I didn't experience this problem before I partition the internal storage by gparted. Look forward to your advices...

Ran into this problem with a previous build, delete your DATA.IMG file from where you run haret.exe from and try to boot Android & download from the market again.

doldolchan

Aug 10, 2008
Ran into this problem with a previous build, delete your DATA.IMG file from where you run haret.exe from and try to boot Android & download from the market again.

Thanks. It works now after I re-installed all things from scratch. On the notification bar, the USB connected icon is displayed. However, mounting the SD card to the PC still doesn't work when I click to the "turn on USB storage" button. In addition to fat32 formatting, anything else I need to do? Thanks.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Thanks. It works now after I re-installed all things from scratch. On the notification bar, the USB connected icon is displayed. However, mounting the SD card to the PC still doesn't work when I click to the "turn on USB storage" button. In addition to fat32 formatting, anything else I need to do? Thanks.

Don't think this is supported/implemented yet... Perhaps via ADB.

will the RC2 support chinese?

Will you help code it? It's all open source my friend. All the code is there...

paperWastage

Mar 18, 2009
NJ
i just reloaded Android onto my Fuze (last time i played around with it was 3 months ago with bugs...)

quick question, how do you enable Call Announcing(whenever a call comes in, the TTS engine will say out the number/name of the caller) or TXT Message Announcing(present in the WM6.5.x Touch Pro builds?

I already have the TTS engine installed, googling shows a few apps that are not available(or removed) in the Android 2.2 store.

other than this issue and battery life, i am immensely happy with android over WM

i myself am trying to learn programming in android, in a few weeks perhaps I could code something up.... maybe

EDIT: whoops.... found "Voice Caller ID" ... cant these makers describe the app better? :D

also... sometimes during a call, the screen blacks out, and i cant get it to wake unless i open the keyboard... is this normal?

Last edited:

paypalbid

Jun 30, 2006
So Cal
Is it possible to turn on the hotspot feature the Touch Pro running XDAndroid ?

I was playing around with the apk from android-wifi-tether from code.google.com site

J

jianC

Is it possible to use different themes such as those from : android-themes.com ?

I tried but it won't let me use the .apt theme install (or if that is how it works)

babijoee

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2008
Melbourne
Is it possible to turn on the hotspot feature the Touch Pro running XDAndroid ?

I was playing around with the apk from android-wifi-tether from code.google.com site

Not sure if its been implemented yet. I'll have to ask :p
Afaik its avaliable in the source.

Is it possible to use different themes such as those from : android-themes.com ?

I tried but it won't let me use the .apt theme install (or if that is how it works)

No clue :p dont really play around with themes. How are you trying to install the themes?

SDreamer

Jul 20, 2009
Was wondering, I'm currently using 2.2, first time user, and I was wondering how do you reboot the device so I can go back to Windows Mobile? Powering off doesn't seem to work on mine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Things get a bit weird at this point. If I do nothing, I get 3.5 hours before the battery dies. If I use it (make phone calls (not tried incoming yet, but outgoing works OK), download apps using wifi, browse the web using wifi or just generally play with stuff), I get 5 hours before the battery dies.

That makes NO sense whatsoever, so I'm going to ignore it :p

My problem is that I cannot browse the web or market if wifi is turned off.

I am using O2 post pay (not pay and go) and I think I have the correct connection selected, but I cannot get off the first page of the web or market (in both cases, I get "A network error has occurred").

Does O2 have some sort of a proxy that you need to go thru to get out to the internet in WinMo? If so, you'll need to setup that same proxy for Android. I honestly have no clue about O2, since they're not a provider in my country ;)
    I am having a screen problems. I have been able to get 2 android roms to successfully boot, but after I enter my sim pin on the hard keyboard I can't get past 'touch android to begin' because the screen is misaligned or something.

I have tried various 'kernels' and modules. I am using neopeeks I am starting 'haret' from the root of the sd card and have ext2 set up and am using (I assume) the correct startup files for my att branded fuze.

The screen looks good and by playing with the hard keyboard I can reset the language (to English US) and have used the top button to power off. The touch screen is the problem. Hope someone can help....thanks

Delete the ts-calibration file. It should make you calibrate on next boot, you'll see a box with crosshairs - just hit the middle of the box. I believe there's 5 points it establishes.

hi every body
    I have 2 problems
    1-when my screen sleep,it doesn`t wake up anyway and i should reset the phone:mad:
    2-again when my phone sleep(go to standby) the light of the center key turns on(it`s breathing,like when is charging in windows mobile):eek:
    my phone is touch pro and i`m using af the latest release of xdandroid 2.2.1 and other parts like kernel,.....I download them from xdandroid.com:confused:

1. Are you overclocking, and what is your pm.sleep setting set to?

2. That's for debugging - it shows that the phone has gone into "sleep" correctly. LEDEffects will allow you to customize how the notification LED is handled.
    today I found out that when i call anyone,my screen become black and nothing work(the other part is ringing and even i can`t cancel the call!).and i must restart the phone.

Known reported issue.

I read your post.but I can`t find this app in programs page.however I found it as an .apk in apps folder before install the xdandroid.
    any way,in my startup.txt there is not pm.sleep .all in my startup.txt is this:

set ramsize 0x10000000
    set ramaddr 0x10000000
    set mtype 1910
    set KERNEL zImage
    set initrd initrd.gz
    set cmdline "lcd.density=210 clock-7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=-1,-2,3 board-htcraphael-navi.wake=0 physkeyboard=raph rel_path=andboot"
    boot

Straight from Reef's FAQ: (which, granted, is not in the TP section... should still apply however)

Caffeine seemed to work but it left my screen on and if i hit the sleep button it would not pull out so I set my pm.sleep_mode=2 in the startup.txt and it seems to have solved my problem. Plus with caffeine I could not lock my screen without a screen lock app.....

This is supposedly for topaz/rhodium that I found on the xda wiki:
    * '4' will do "wait for interrupt", no change in arm11's clock or voltage
    * '3' will do "wait for interrupt and ramp clock", the arm11's clock is lowered to 20MHz instead of 300-500, and voltage is lowered too.
    * '2' will do "app sleep", arm11 is still on, but put into low power mode (registers are still saved)
    * '1' and '0' will totally power off the arm11 (so we have to restore registers and things ourself), don't know the differences between them.

So try the different pm.sleep settings, they should have a pretty dramatic effect on how your phone sleeps. Also, you had at least one deprecated command in there... I put it in bold/red, you should remove it from your startup.

board-htcraphael-navi.wake=0 <--- not sure if that is deprecated or not. I believe it is, but I'm not positive (I no longer have a RAPH to test...)
    Hi,

first of all i appreciate your work!

But I also have several questions for my XDA Diamond Pro.

1. Is there a possibility to have android on this phone instead(!) of Windows Mobile? I used Froyo for a short time but changed back to windows Mobile because I had to boot WM first and Android second. But I just want to have only one OS. I can't find any "Froyo Roms"...

2. Are those Android versions still buggy like no use of the camera or no GPS?

3. Will there be other major differences between an Android 2.2 that I downloaded from here and a preinstalled Android 2.2 ?

Well for #1, there isn't a 'ROM' for Android yet. The Rhodium folks have a working NAND bootloader, hopefully that'll trickle down to the RAPH/DIAM/etc folks when it gets more stable/complete.

For #2, GPS has worked for a long time, but camera still alludes us... try reading/searching before asking these types of questions tho. They've been answered hundreds of times.

As far as #3, not much... ours comes rooted, so that's different. Plus any 2.2+ phone is going to have much better hardware... so it's kinda hard to compare when the hardware is so different. Our builds (FRX stuff, not cynaogen, neopeek, etc) are extremely close to AOSP.

It is said that only Android 2.0 or above can turn on the 2 features,but aren't we Android 2.2.1? Why can't I turn them on?

neither can the offline mode :-(

Uhm... no compass in our devices. So that'll never work... and 3d? May or may not work, it seems some apps are using the 3d libs correctly while others aren't using them at all. 5.0 just came out, patience my son :p
    Check THIS thread out
    :cool:
    n-Joie!