Thanks Meter: 2

By bollorr, Member on 4th June 2012, 08:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th December 2015, 06:31 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[SOLVED]
[SOLVED]
THIS IS ONLY FOR THE FASCINATE/SHOWCASE/SCH-I500 or SCH-S950C.

THIS WILL NOT WORK IN THE I9000. In fact, flashing i9000 kernels (like Der Teufel / The Devil kernel, CAUSED THIS PROBLEM).

Fire up ODIN (I used ODIN 3.07 on Windows 10 (12/2015 patch level))
**Uncheck Auto-Reboot!! in ODIN before flashing.**
Use the PIT from EZbase (others might work)
and flash cwm4_fixed_for_cm7-ODIN.tar

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fk25duo59...37e4TOMia?dl=0
I put them on dropbox. Although you can find them in other threads/places. I did not keep track of where I found the copies, but I found them on 12/2015, so you should be able to also.

Unplug the phone and remove the battery. It will turn off.
Remove the MicroSD card and use a MicroSD card adapter, or other transfer method, copy in http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/...scinatemtd.zip (the latest nightly CM10.1 Android 4.2.2x)

Remove and insert the MicroSD card to the phone.
Boot up the phone by holding the Vol Up & the Vol Down key, and press Power until you see SAMSUNG, then release the Power button. It will boot up into a 4.0.1.0 recovery. YOU MAY STILL SEE A CACHE ERROR... IGNORE IT.
Choose the option to load a ZIP from the SDCARD.
Flash cm-10.1-20130723-NIGHTLY-fascinatemtd.zip
[You should also flash the gapps for this at this time.]
It will reboot into the newer recovery, then continue with the update.
You should be done now.

No more /cache/ mount errors, no more stl11 errors.
I found a quote at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1190668
"All Samsung Roms run on top of BML/RFS, CyanogenMod 7 does NOT."

That means CM7 and above, are reformatting the devices' internal memory, effectively getting rid of the /cache/ error.

continues:
"It runs on MTD/yaffs2 (like Nexus One) which means you'll not able to flash just any kernel or run just any other filesystem you want. Use it as it is if possible, otherwise confirm with the kernel developer that you are trying to install whether it would work with CM. We do not support other kernels and know nothing about their capabilities or compatibility. Only the data partition, which is on movinand, is ext4 like on speedmod or voodoo ("lagfix"). No "lagfix" is necessary because this does not use any Samsung proprietary file systems."

IT RUNS ON MTD/yaffs2... etc etc, it's clear that this repartitions/reformats the device. A lot of the struggle I had for days, a week, was trying to set the PIT over with Heimdall or ODIN, and restoring to stock. Unfortunately once one of these i9000 type kernels or ROMs 'touch' your Fascinate, you can't go back to the stock, at least not from being stuck with the /cache/ mount errors. You might be able to go back from cm-10.1-20130723-NIGHTLY-fascinatemtd.zip.

StraightTalk.showcase.cm-10.1-20130723-NIGHTLY-fascinatemtd.zip is tweaked for the Showcase.
5th January 2016, 11:49 AM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
sorry if asking in the wrong thread but not many fassy threads are still alive these days. wheeling and dealing a week ago I ended up getting a stock fassy in a deal, did not how old it was at the time, I just knew it said "galaxy s" anyway I thought I would play around with it. it's a stock SCH-I500 running GB 2.3.6, Kernel 2.6.35.7, Build number SCH-I500.FF29, and Baseband S: i500.04 K.FF29 . I have flashed some things in the past and did modding on some older android phones (last modding I did was on my Kindle Fire HD wiping the amazon crap and now running pac rom 4.4.4) so I'm familiar with adb, sdk, and others but did not want to brick this thing to the point of no return. I have read through many threads and post from droidstyle, hhp_211 and many others that done so much with the fassy, I could have overlooked what I'm looking for but I see no mention of coming from gb 2.3.6 or the FF29 build and baseband. I think that could have been the last ota update the fassy got?? I did manage to get rooted and cwm installed, but would like to get jb or kk rom on it and I do not know which is the right path to take if anyone could help or point me in the right direction.
THANKS AS ALWAYS!
6th January 2016, 05:44 AM |#53  

More
just do what I said above. same process as recovering from the /cache/ error is essentially flashing the Cyanogenmod 10.1
9th January 2016, 05:01 AM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM_rit

just do what I said above. same process as recovering from the /cache/ error is essentially flashing the Cyanogenmod 10.1

ok thanks for the help, will give it a try

Mike
23rd February 2016, 04:24 PM |#55  

More
moto e
hey everybody m facing the same issue on my moto e how can i use odin or other tool please help
17th March 2016, 09:48 AM |#56  

More
HELP
hey fort help me out i am facing out the same issue on my moto e since past cant flash anything out same problem cant mount anything

please please please help
20th March 2016, 05:21 AM |#57  

More
galaxy s3 stuck "samsung galaxy sIII on sreen".
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymonkey05

i have the exact same problem with my fascinate i would think that if i could get odin to flash a new rom to it it would boot but im not intirely sure

Hi, i also got same problem on galaxy s3, con,t update firmware through kies, and odin. just stuck "galaxy siii" on screen . but i can go to recovery mode but it comes up with lot red letters say E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

even i tried adb side tool to flash proper rom , but it loads upto 59% and it says instalation abort. again same messages on phone, con't mount cache/recovery/log

any solutions plz
23rd March 2016, 06:25 AM |#58  
Flag stilwell, OK
Thanks Meter: 230

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by balachandra2k3

Hi, i also got same problem on galaxy s3, con,t update firmware through kies, and odin. just stuck "galaxy siii" on screen . but i can go to recovery mode but it comes up with lot red letters say E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

even i tried adb side tool to flash proper rom , but it loads upto 59% and it says instalation abort. again same messages on phone, con't mount cache/recovery/log

any solutions plz

To me it sounds like your NAND has failed. Not to uncommon for devices this old, try creating a thread in your devices forum.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
24th March 2016, 06:06 PM |#59  

More
finaly i got known the nand is corrupt, or failed hard disc.
25th August 2017, 01:06 PM |#60  
Flag Anchorage

More
Thanks for providing the solution for Err cache error guys!
26th August 2017, 03:37 AM |#61  

More
Mother board (HARD disc ) failed, it melted inside, i replaced another mother board for cheap, its been working. I upgraded to s7, my 3yr old daugter using s3 for playing kids games. (Fixed in septmber 2016 when my s6 water damaged).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)