[Q] Switching from AOSP ROM (CM11) to Sense 6.0 based ROM

Search This thread

derekstepan

Feb 25, 2014
I'm using an HTC One (m7) and I'd like to move from CM11 nightlies to this ROM (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2502430). I've read somewhere before that there were preliminary steps I need to follow before going from AOSP back to Sense. I've tried to move to a ViperROM before and somehow ended up wiping all data (even recovery) from my phone. I'd like to prevent that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DSR_1106

Dec 27, 2012
Limerick
I would suggest searching YouTube for QB King77
He has posted many videos that I have personally used to do things like gain s-off, relock boot loader, flash factory RUU back to stock and then the unlock via HTC dev site with links to all you would need. All you need with his videos is a little patience, they are on the money..
Best of luck and DONT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE, no matter what.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

derekstepan

Feb 25, 2014
Unfortunately I tried to switch the ROM and lost everything...again. I backed up my previous ROM first, but the install completely wiped out my recovery...again. It said the installation was successful. I did everything I feel I should have done. After the install it asked to reboot. When it rebooted, it went into fastboot and I no longer have access to anything but the bootloader. This has happened before so I know how to fix it now, but it's really annoying not knowing what exactly is happening on my phone.