[APP] Glimmr v2.0, Flickr for Android phones and tablets

Search This thread

brk3

Jul 5, 2008
Hi all,

I've just released a new app to Play store for Flickr: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bourke.glimmr

Have put a ton of work into it so would be thrilled for people to check it out and provide some feedback. Any requests for features you'd like to see just let me know!

Screenshots:
d2qPo.png
higkr.png

Last edited:

el_bhm

Jan 25, 2011
I like it.

PM the file, I'll whip up a Polish translation if no one is on it yet.

Reactions: brk3

elivagar

Nov 14, 2010
Milan
very nice app!!
i will test very soon.... waht can I say now is that is very smooth....
I have a characters overlay in "my" picture view: my nick is long and is overlay to the number of visit of each picture

dtrevino15

Feb 8, 2011
Quite possible

Im not a programmer, but I love this app. I was wondering if it would be easy, or possible to port it to SlideshowPro API? Ive seen other apps do this, didnt know if the api was similar. It sure would be nice since nobody is doing this.

I know there are lots of slideshowpro users out there, but nobody seems to want to put a gallery app together.

If you need a test server, I can put one up for you, I would even donate...

Thanks

brk3

Jul 5, 2008
nice app. much smoother than justpictures (but flickr only). Could you a local storage viewer too :)

Good work,
cheers !

Thanks dude, local storage would be cool, will definitely add it to the todo list.

very nice app!!
i will test very soon.... waht can I say now is that is very smooth....
I have a characters overlay in "my" picture view: my nick is long and is overlay to the number of visit of each picture

Yeah aware of this one, will be fixed!

Im not a programmer, but I love this app. I was wondering if it would be easy, or possible to port it to SlideshowPro API? Ive seen other apps do this, didnt know if the api was similar. It sure would be nice since nobody is doing this.

I know there are lots of slideshowpro users out there, but nobody seems to want to put a gallery app together.

If you need a test server, I can put one up for you, I would even donate...

Thanks

I'm not sure what Slideshow is, but I'll look into it.

---

Thanks so much everyone for all the feedback so far :highfive:

fachadick

Jul 3, 2010
Northern NJ
fachadick.wordpress.com
Congratulations on the Lifehacker mention. Love the layout, but was hoping I'd be able to use the app without setting up a flickr account (or logging in through fb, etc). All I wanted to do was browse photos - so I could run a search for "dog" and sit with my daughter and we could look at all of the dog pictures together.

Any change of that kind of functioanlity being built in?

brk3

Jul 5, 2008
Congratulations on the Lifehacker mention. Love the layout, but was hoping I'd be able to use the app without setting up a flickr account (or logging in through fb, etc). All I wanted to do was browse photos - so I could run a search for "dog" and sit with my daughter and we could look at all of the dog pictures together.

Any change of that kind of functioanlity being built in?

Thanks dude just saw it this morning :) I hear you on the needing to log in part, I was actually worried that would put a lot of people off. An anonymous browse section and search functionality are definitely in the pipeline.

elivagar

Nov 14, 2010
Milan
so far so good! thanks for adding the capability to see contact stream
I found a kind of bug (probably you already know). When you zoom in a picture and slide to right to another, the frame move directly to the other pic and not to the other zoomed part of the picture you're watching ( i hope you understand) :D
keep on developing this beautiful app

tlongren

Jul 24, 2011
Ames, Iowa
Google Pixel XL
Moto X4
Very nice. Just installed on my Motorola Defy running CM10, works very well.

What would you think about adding an auto-upload feature? Similar to what's available in Dropbox and Google+. I've never come across an app that does auto-upload to Flickr, and would absolutely love to have one.

Great work so far brk3!

Top Liked Posts