The time has come.......

Search This thread

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
For me to unlock my bootloader, was holding off till that ta file could be backed up but it seems as though nothing gets broken so i'll take the plunge, not like sonys warranty is any good anyway, water damage voids warrnty of waterproof phone..... really.

Anyway i was gonna video myself going through the phone after checking camera, x reality etc but only camera i have access to is a galaxy ace 2 n its too blurry t be of any use, so hopefully screenshots will suffice, i doubt it tho lol

2 questions before i do it

1... anything anyone wants me to check (you only have about 20 mins t let me know)

2....can someone confirm this is the ta file that is lost after unlocking bootloader? (found it by installing ta backup app, got an error message 'couldnt find file at such n such folder' so browsed to said folder)

Last edited:

Shidapu

Nov 23, 2010
Gothenburg
Google Pixel
OnePlus 8T
For me to unlock my bootloader, was holding off till that ta file could be backed up but it seems as though nothing gets broken so i'll take the plunge, not like sonys warranty is any good anyway, water damage voids warrnty of waterproof phone..... really.

Anyway i was gonna video myself going through the phone after checking camera, x reality etc but only camera i have access to is a galaxy ace 2 n its too blurry t be of any use, so hopefully screenshots will suffice, i doubt it tho lol

2 questions before i do it

1... anything anyone wants me to check (you only have about 20 mins t let me know)

2....can someone confirm this is the ta file that is lost after unlocking bootloader? (found it by installing ta backup app, got an error message 'couldnt find file at such n such folder' so browsed to said folder)

Someone in the forum wanted someone to try out some Picture quality PRE-unlocked, and after. at the same area.

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
Someone in the forum wanted someone to try out some Picture quality PRE-unlocked, and after. at the same area.

i intended to do that anyway, just took a pic of my tv, i suppose it wouldnt hurt t go stand on the doorstep n take one of the garden too as its gettin dark now

only problem is im not the worlds greatest photographer, every pic i took apart from the 8mp superior auto one looks awful, dunno if the settings been changed at all in manual mode the iso seems low..... whats default?

Shidapu

Nov 23, 2010
Gothenburg
Google Pixel
OnePlus 8T
i intended to do that anyway, just took a pic of my tv, i suppose it wouldnt hurt t go stand on the doorstep n take one of the garden too as its gettin dark now

only problem is im not the worlds greatest photographer, every pic i took apart from the 8mp superior auto one looks awful, dunno if the settings been changed at all in manual mode the iso seems low..... whats default?

Dunno what default is, only says 16:9. :p

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
Iso can be upped to 3200 for me.
Running at 8MP, 16:9.

lol i know it goes up to that, i think my sister changed my iso setting but i dont know what the standard default setting is, im assuming i will know after unlock coz it will reset.

Thought maybe there was still some more stuff people werent sure on, seems not lol

Shidapu

Nov 23, 2010
Gothenburg
Google Pixel
OnePlus 8T

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
Would be great if you posted a noob guide to the process as well, I was gonna wait for a exploit but I get feeling there not gonna be one for a while & I really need to get AdAway installed & change the DPI, all the best with the unlock.

Nice spliff BTW, not had any in about 3 months & gaggin for one would be understatement :highfive:

Last edited:

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012
Would be great if you posted a noob guide to the process as well, I was gonna wait for a exploit but I get feeling there not gonna be one for a while & I really need to get AdAway installed & change the DPI, all the best with the unlock.

Nice spliff BTW, not had any in about 3 months & gaggin for one would be understatement :highfive:

a noob guide would be fantastic ... unlocking bootloader and rooting . i have only ever rooted once and that was a galaxy S2 . this is way more advanced. so hopefully a total noob guide would be great thanks in advance to anybody willing to do this :good:

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
Lol at the spliff

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

ooops....... anyway ive hit a snag..... following the official method, cant seem to get past the fastboot bit in command line, just stays at waiting for device....... flashtool appears to be reasonably noob friendly but ill stick with this abd/fastboot route n simplify it as much as i can

KrisPerry

Oct 23, 2010
ooops....... anyway ive hit a snag..... following the official method, cant seem to get past the fastboot bit in command line, just stays at waiting for device....... flashtool appears to be reasonably noob friendly but ill stick with this abd/fastboot route n simplify it as much as i can

Have you installed the drivers?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
If your windows is 64 bit then the drivers won't install due to them being unsigned, I had to disable driver signing in win 8.1 64 bit to get them to work.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got a before and after of the same shot?

im still on before lol, im ready to unlock it now, so will have after shots very shortly of the 4 i put up earlier, well more or less i'll try n get in more or less same position..... spliffs gone now tho lol
    with unlocked bootloader
    Hey a noob guide would be much appreciated if anyone can do this for us!

Thank you. I just want to delete bloatware that came preloaded with o2.

Sent from my Xperia Z2

You can't unlock your bootloader if it's o2 branded
    I believe you can still flash an official sony unbranded firmware though, even with locked bootloader. If its just debloating and debranding, this may be ur only option.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much for this post! It is exactly what I have been looking for.
    Just to be sure, is everything working as it should?

- X-Reality (not a biggie)
    - Camera in general
    - Wifi
    - Bluetooth

Also I would really appreciate a quick noob guide :)

no worries,

Xreality..... not sure, dont think so
    Camera.... yep, possibly a slight difference in quality but minimal... i say possibly coz any difference noticed could be down to superior auto mode
    Wifi..... i've had no issues
    Blutooth...fine
    NFC.....fine
    Movies unlimited.... kept telling me it couldnt connect but i have the 6 free movies from before unlocking
    Music unlimited.... Dunno switched it off straight away
    Noise cancelling..... fine

noob guide, im drafting one now but got work in a few hours so not sure if will get it done tonight