Aluminum case?

Search This thread

blackdraggin

Sep 26, 2010
used the aluminum bumper case loss a couple bars of signal. took it off and all is well. which sucks cuz i liked the damn thing too. it is very "fun" to put on and if you drop it, that thing scratches immediately lol. be warned if you still are getting it

parichay

Oct 30, 2011
Singapore
I have been using a Spigen case for my M8. Although it is most likely not a metal case (but it looks and feels like metal), I really do like it. It comes it different colours too.

Here is a link: http://www.spigen.com/htc-one-m8-case-slim-armor.html

Cheers,

Parichay

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

I have been using a Spigen case for my M8. Although it is most likely not a metal case (but it looks and feels like metal), I really do like it. It comes it different colours too.

Here is a link: http://www.spigen.com/htc-one-m8-case-slim-armor.html

Cheers,

Parichay

Also, no signal drops/reduction of any kind, sorry to have not mentioned it earlier. It does add a little bit of bulk to the phone though. I personally really like it.

tdnookhd

Jan 8, 2013
So there are not cutouts for the buttons? That's crazy and useless! Serious product design fail.

There are cutouts for the buttons, but they are difficult to click because they don't really fit in their slots correctly. This makes it a gigantic pain to use. I had to get a pen knife and force them into place to get it working. It just feels cheap.

eric150

Oct 18, 2013
Got the cases a few days ago and they are pretty nice and don't change my signal.

Attachments

• IMAG0228.jpg
    IMAG0228.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 427
  • IMAG0229.jpg
    IMAG0229.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 399
  • IMAG0230.jpg
    IMAG0230.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 356
Reactions: kontradictions

kontradictions

Apr 3, 2010
Very nice! Thank you so much for posting the pics. I've had my eye on them every since you started the thread.

How much thicker is the case than the phone itself? I would assume it adds a bit of thickness since the back of the case is flat as opposed to the curved back of the M8.

eric150

Oct 18, 2013
Very nice! Thank you so much for posting the pics. I've had my eye on them every since you started the thread.

How much thicker is the case than the phone itself? I would assume it adds a bit of thickness since the back of the case is flat as opposed to the curved back of the M8.
You're welcome

I'd say that the case adds two or three millimeters to the phones thickness and it is a Little chunky, which I don't mind.
Here's a photo with the phone next to the case

***okay so I just compared it to my Spigen ultra fit capsule which is a clear thich Tpu case and its the same thickness. I think the only reason it seems thicker is because there's no curve on this new case

Attachments

• IMAG2927-1.jpg
    IMAG2927-1.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Reactions: kontradictions

kontradictions

Apr 3, 2010
You're welcome

I'd say that the case adds two or three millimeters to the phones thickness and it is a Little chunky, which I don't mind.

***okay so I just compared it to my Spigen ultra fit capsule which is a clear thich Tpu case and its the same thickness. I think the only reason it seems thicker is because there's no curve on this new case

You are my hero.

Reactions: eric150

tdnookhd

Jan 8, 2013
Anecdotally speaking, this case is causing a signal reduction of about 10 dBM on my Verizon M8 (GPe ROM). If you live in a poor service area, that might be the difference between 1 bar and 0. The aluminum bumper off eBay also doesn't actually lift the phone off of the table, so its still sitting on the back metal if you set it down on a hard, flat surface. Just something to keep in mind.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got the cases a few days ago and they are pretty nice and don't change my signal.

You're welcome

You're welcome

You are my hero.