[Android] Donut Evolution - Feb 25: Full, Fast, Stable and many flavours

Search This thread

tatnai

Jul 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, USA
a market observation:

last time I refreshed my market to get 320x480 apps back (using the create new data image method at 320x480, and logging into market, then reverting to my old data.img) was using your original "full market" version (remeber, the one that blocked google voice?). anyways, I think that was about two weeks ago. afterwards, I changed my build.prop to myn's 110, to get google voice working. since then, I my market has remained the FULL market (ALL resolution apps). this is the longest it has remained like this EVER, and I think it was the settings in that first build.prop that are responsible.

I know you changed some of the settings to fix the google voice setting. what I am wondering is, are the newer "full market" settings having the same effect for everyone (i.e. if you refresh your maket using by booting a new data.img in 320x480, then reverting back to your old data.img at 240x320, has your market remained showing apps like google listen, pandora, pdanet, the weather channel, dual mount sd widget - all apps that typically only show at res 320x480)?

this could be the fix - just boot your first data.img at 320x480, then change resolution, and that data.img is set for it's lifespan. the longest i've ever kept all res apps after a refresh before is 1 wk, when I really wasn't using the market that much. now i'm using it at least every day with these results, i'm pretty hopefull.

EDIT: we might just be able to provide a data.img backup that has already booted 320x480 with the prior settings and logged into market, then had the google data cleared. people could just start with that, and be set.
ok, it's been three weeks now, and I have maintained the FULL market after doing the market trick with that particular build, plemen, that broke google voice. i've stayed in 240x320 the whole time, and used the market most days. In the past, it has never lasted more than a week for me; I think that whatever you did with that release is a true market fix. we just need to figure out how to get google voice to work with it.

larstnt

Jan 2, 2009
Hi!

Plemen, there is any chance that we have the unlock by image drag mode? or is this very difficult?

Greetings

Beackman

Oct 6, 2009
São Paulo
I have formated a partition in Linux-SWAP, and i have pluged in phone, i need to put a comand to use this partition as SWAP?
or not?

Beackman

Oct 6, 2009
São Paulo
Very strange this man, cuz i use the donut evolution and update of wifi from myns, and worked best so far. and the market, bluetooth and all setings working.

Top Liked Posts