[TOOL] Kernel Update Utility 0.9 - Flash kernels easily!

Search This thread

Ditronics

Apr 3, 2008
Well, you was right mate.

On my com at work it works fine.

But kernel was not flashed succesfully.

May be my noob com at home makes a noob flash at phone. ;)

Ok, thanks for your time.

Be happy.

Ditronics

Apr 3, 2008
I don´t know yet.

I already flash serveral DHD with diferent roms and them works fine.

Mine is different (S-OFF and bla, bla, bla) probably because I am checking things on it everyday.

No problem I will fully reset it start again from zero, that´s life.

Thanks again.

dd4285

Oct 23, 2010
Can this tool be use for flashing kernel on miui rom?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA App

vickyclewis

Apr 9, 2011
Bangalore
Hi,

Is there a possibilty to boot into a Kernel using Kernel Manager? Instead of flashing. If not can it be integrated into Kernel Manager Pro? I'm asking this cause I want to flash a Kernel temporarily to use a HDD or Pendrive. As per the USB Hosting Thread once the kernel is updtd and rebooted it goes back to what it was.

ufucunu

Apr 28, 2010
Pls Help me,

sorry little english my kernel version lee 2.6.35 but my phone charge very low end bery bad orgınal kernel update download htcdev orgınal kernel bu .tar and kernel updater software dont support .tar where is the .zip kernel ? pls help

stev32k

Aug 14, 2011
Mobile, Alabama
I just tried using this utility to flash the HTC sensation stock kernel without success. I flashed Mike's 3.6.2 ROM and am having some GPS issues and wanted to try the stock kernel.

The utility appears to go all the way to the point of applying the kernel, but will not reboot. The phone has been stuck on htc splash (white screen with green "htc" letters) for over 15 minutes. I downloaded the kernel from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16419842#post16419842

Do I need to wait longer - 15 minutes seems like a long time.

The phone is a T-Mobile US, HTC sensation 4G. I have S-off and successfully installed the Android Revolution 3.6.2 ROM and the recommended radio.

P.S. I waited over an hour then had to pull the battery and do a restore. Next I tried a different kernel with the same results. The phone gets stuck at the htc screen and will not boot up.

Last edited:

mydanny

Feb 28, 2011
Flashed the latest LeeDroid Kernel.
Now my wlan problems are gone i had with 6.1.5 arhd kernel.
but i have to add i tested the other recent remixed kernels: wifi error!

so now: i dont have the usb-sign anyhwere?
i plug in my phone to the computer, its charging.
But i dont see a symbol on the phone at all?

How can i get my sd card now to my pc?

wickedmanny

Nov 7, 2011
Melbourne
awesome tool

hey mate, thank you for making flashing Kernels so god damm simple.
ur a legend.

Your other tools have also helped me to get ENG-off and s-Off in a flash

meeru

Feb 25, 2011
i just wanted to ask .. how do i know that a specific kernel is compatible with a ROM?
like leedroid kernel with runnydroid or smartdroid roms .
Thank You .

maggio08005

Apr 16, 2011
AUGUSTA, GA
Save the g-nex crew cdma/gsm

this tool is made for htc desire hd, not htc hd2. Hd2 is originally a windows mobile phone, so it does not have proper fastboot capability.

hello, im not yelling, lol, is there a possibility that this works on galaxy nexus cdma, and if not could you tune it to do so? Please...........ive been reading up on you you and have found that you are loved bunches in the community, and with an add on like this you'll get not only one more follower of your work, but thousands, so plz tell me it is a possibility :)

diegocapassi

Sep 24, 2011
Mirabella Eclano
kernel HELP?????????

please,someone could help me to fix mine issue cause a "click" sound from speaker when i'm trying to flash kernel on runny rom?
this happens when change from rcmix kernel ver. 8 to >
also happens changing with lord and lee kernel......
i've tryed everything......
thanks for replies and sorry for english

milinko81

Feb 24, 2010
Hay, i managed to root my DHD but i am still on a stock rom using GO launcher... but would like to install new kernel to pusch proccesor to ...1.x... can i install just any kernel will thay work... found a good program for it but still dont now which to install... Thanks...?

Android

HTC Sense

Baseband version
12.56.60.25U_26.10.04.03_M

Kernel
2.6.35.10-gd256fb
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

Bild number
2.5.405.2 CL87995

Sofware
2.5.405.2 CL87995

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kernel Update Utility 0.9​
    "Making kernel flashing a bit easier"

About:
    This lightweight tool takes a kernel, and flashes it to your device. You can give it the kernel in zImage or CWM flashable zip format. Some people have come across bootloops when using clockworkmod to flash kernels, hopefully this tool will prove to fit better for the job. It can also push and apply kernel modules. I have now flashed a kernel using this tool more times than I can count, and not a single bootloop or failed flash.

This tool is ideal for people who do not want to mess with command lines, and people who want the job done fast and easy.

System requirements:

• Windows XP SP2 or higher
    • .NET 4.0
    • HTC Sync (or ADB drivers)
    • Rooted, ENG S-OFF Desire HD

Changelog:

0.9:
    - Added support for Lee's kernels

0.8:
    - Added support for Kamma's new kernels

0.7:
    - Fixed Windows XP file not found -bug
    - Optimized the code further

0.6:
    - Most cmd windows hidden
    - Better instructions in module pushing
    - Out of beta!

0.5a:
    - Optimized a lot of code
    - Improved SU permissions; fixed modules not getting pushed with phones that do not have root adb by default
    - Cleans up /system/lib/modules to ensure cp functionality

0.4:
    - It is now possible to choose multiple modules
    - It cleans up afterwards

0.3:
    - CWM zip file flashing, pushes all modules
    - Space in filename -bug fixed

0.2:
    - Initial release
    If you like my work, please consider (or just hit the thanks button :D):
    Hi,

thanks !!

Please add more selections for ko files:

- tun.ko
    - cifs.ko
    - other

with friendly greet

starbase64
    Yeah, I will :)

I will also make this work with CWM flashable zips, I am programming that in right now.
    It can now flash zip files that would usually be flashed in clockworkmod. Using my app to flash it should reduce the possibility of a bootloop. Also the space in filename -bug has been fixed.

e: Another update, now for selecting and applying kernel modules. Please leave feedback! Is there something I should change? Any features you would like to see in this tool?

Keep in mind that this tool can also be used for recovering from some bootloops, where kernel itself is not properly flashed. In some situations, however, boot.img corrupts in CWM flash, then you will have to restore a partial nandroid.
    Well, I can enable my tool to flash a recovery, but because flashing hboot is so risky, I think I will not do that feature..

So, are people interested in a recovery flasher?