INDEX WITH ALL ASUS ORIGINAL TOOLS TF700 - Firmwares - Kernels - Guides

Search This thread

sgkla

Aug 20, 2012
nvflash

These links still do absolutely nothing for me with regard to NVFlash and making my device "unbrickable" if I missed that window a year ago, correct?

Jul 4, 2012
would it be possible for anyone to get the latest camera firmware? my camera has not been working for a long time, ever since one of the updates it has not been working.

GitAlongLilDoggies

Mar 27, 2012
Calabasas

Hi Pretoriano,

I'm trying to download 2 of the Old Firmwares but the links are dead.

Eee Pad Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T Firmware: V9.4.5.26 Only for US SKU (Android 4.0.3) - 2012.07.31 update

ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T Firmware: V9.4.5.22 Only for US SKU (Android 4.0.3) - 2012.07.16 update

Could you suggest another download site to get these from?

Thanks,

Ken

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
Eee Pad Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T Firmware: V9.4.5.26 Only for US SKU (Android 4.0.3) - 2012.07.31 update

ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T Firmware: V9.4.5.22 Only for US SKU (Android 4.0.3) - 2012.07.16 update

What would you do with these? It is impossible to downgrade to before 9.4.5.30 because of bootloader signature checks.

GitAlongLilDoggies

Mar 27, 2012
Calabasas
What would you do with these? It is impossible to downgrade to before 9.4.5.30 because of bootloader signature checks.

I want to see if I can extract the batterystats.bin file. I deleted this using the Battery Calibration app and ever since my battery statistics aren't refreshing while my tablet is docked. As soon as I undock the stats start updating. I think batterystats.bin was modified by Asus to handle the dock.

GitAlongLilDoggies

Mar 27, 2012
Calabasas
This file is in /data, thus it's created dynamically and not contained in the ROM.

I don't care about the battery stats, since they used bogus values for WiFi and therefore all the numbers are wrong anyway.

Learn something new every day. Didn't realize /data was dynamic. Yeah the individual numbers are pretty meaningless, I mostly use the total time on battery to gauge battery usage and unfortunately that doesn't get updated anymore.

Last edited:

bsammon

Dec 21, 2012

I could use these.
I have an unlocked/nvflashed TF700 with a 9.4.5.26 filesystem on it.
A few months ago I used rabits's ubuntu installer, and the kernel it installed will not work with 9.4.5.26.
My TF700's been ubuntu-only for the past few months, but I've been wanting to switch to a kexec kernel, and then see if I could load the 9.4.5.26 kernel from there.

Until I replaced the kernel, I was pretty happy with 9.4.5.26 (except for it not being "linuxy" enough)

Can anyone hook me up with a 9.4.5.26 kernel (or a third-party kernel which would work with 9.4.5.26)?

rar1307

Nov 7, 2013

There is no boot.img in that file or anything that saids boot. So when I use fastboot in cmd it saids "file not found" And I downloaded this twice now and there is nothing working.

Also searched the dir and there are no .img's listed according to cmd

Last edited:

_that

Oct 2, 2012
There is no boot.img in that file or anything that saids boot. So when I use fastboot in cmd it saids "file not found" And I downloaded this twice now and there is nothing working.

I was referring to the kernel source code - if you want a boot image you either need to extract it from the full firmware download using blobunpack, or you simply use my customized, bugfixed and optimized kernel (see dev. subforum).

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

rar1307

Nov 7, 2013
I was referring to the kernel source code - if you want a boot image you either need to extract it from the full firmware download using blobunpack, or you simply use my customized, bugfixed and optimized kernel (see dev. subforum).

I can't find it at all. I need to do a flash to get rid of boot loop.

I am being told to do: Fastboot flash boot boot.img

but there is nothing there. I don't know how to get it and I believe I downloaded the firmware a million times and can't get the stupid boot.img anywhere in the world. Sorry for venting but I have been working on this for 8 hours just tonight alone and I AM NOT GETTING ANYWHERE. I need the stupid boot.img and every link I go doesn't have it.

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

I don't know where your file would be. Because I don't know these forums and I keep appearnetly not getting the right link or file or anything.

EDIT: I don't know where to get this blob thingy or how to use it either.

Last edited:

bsammon

Dec 21, 2012
I could use these.
I have an unlocked/nvflashed TF700 with a 9.4.5.26 filesystem on it.
A few months ago I used rabits's ubuntu installer, and the kernel it installed will not work with 9.4.5.26.
My TF700's been ubuntu-only for the past few months, but I've been wanting to switch to a kexec kernel, and then see if I could load the 9.4.5.26 kernel from there.

Until I replaced the kernel, I was pretty happy with 9.4.5.26 (except for it not being "linuxy" enough)

Can anyone hook me up with a 9.4.5.26 kernel (or a third-party kernel which would work with 9.4.5.26)?

Okay, all the 9.4.5.26 links in the OP are dead, or link to something entirely unrelated.

However, I did find a working link in one of the replies in page2 of the thread: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37734604

I've got a 373MB download going (slowly) of a 9.4.5.26 zip file. Hopefully I'll find something in there that I can feed through blobunpack to get what I want.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

I don't know where to get this blob thingy or how to use it either.

I couldn't find a good comprehensive information thread for blobtools on the TF700. It seems the XDA forum search is down at the minute, so I used google instead--that may be why I couldn't find it.

Here's some links I did find:

_that

Oct 2, 2012
I've got a 373MB download going (slowly) of a 9.4.5.26 zip file. Hopefully I'll find something in there that I can feed through blobunpack to get what I want.

You said before you want a kexec-enabled 9.4.5.26 kernel - AFAIK nobody managed to get kexec working without the kexec-hardboot patch, and for that you need to compile the kernel yourself.

Top Liked Posts