Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2023
Check if your settings havea seperate options to allow installappsoverADB
I checked normal android settings and i didnt find anything relating to allowing apps to be installed over adb, i turned off verify apps over usb but it didnt change anything so i turned back on, should i turn off allowing g4 home to modify system settings because that could be the culprit or it's rom level and i cant do anything about it

Omar_62

I checked normal android settings and i didnt find anything relating to allowing apps to be installed over adb, i turned off verify apps over usb but it didnt change anything so i turned back on, should i turn off allowing g4 home to modify system settings because that could be the culprit or it's rom level and i cant do anything about it
yeah

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
well everything was going good but after i installed the Rom from twrp and GAPPS rebooted the device started to boot loop
Did you wipe system partition in TWRP before you flashed the ROM? Sometimes wiping system is necessary before flashing a ROM if you are coming from stock and flashing custom ROM. Another thing is, your system partition might not have enough space to flash the Gapps package that you used. You may have to use a smaller Gapps package or you might need to re-size your system partition by taking some space from user storage and adding it to system partition to make system partition larger, it's risky so be careful.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Hi.

I am really stuck with what to do now I've had 2 different Samsung tablets that have developed the same issue.

I used to use the A7 Lite, which started to go noticably yellow in patches when viewing white/light colours around the edge of the display. It did this much more when the screen was on for longer periouds, and was even more obvious when the tablet was charging and the tablet was generating more heat. This tablet got sent back to samsung for repair and they confirmed it to be a faulty battery and display and both got replaced.

I've had the new A9 128gb 8gb RAM for a month or two now (so supposedly a higher end model) and it is starting to do the same thing. Although the patches are not as big or randomised, it is very noticeable that when I have the tablet on for some time, the first 6 - 10mm of the display basically all around it is clearly much more yellow on a white background than the rest, and it gets worse the longer it is on - and worse still when charging in the areas it gets warmer.

Surely this has got to be a samsung specific fault? I've not found anything about it though. I've had other tablets from Lenovo and Huawei that have had far better quality full HD screens compared to this that have had no issues over 6 years of use, as well as numorous random brand tablets that haven't had burned out whites like this. I'm just so stuck with what to do and I've basically lost confidence with samsung being able to make a good display on their smaller tablets.

I'm unsure if what I'm posting is totally relevent for this forum, as I don't think this is anything that can be fixed by any suggestions. But what I'm finding hard, is finding proper branded tablets these days that are 7 - 8 inch that have a good display at at least 1920x1200. All of Samsung's ones at the lower price range seem to be 1366 accross or lower which is pretty terrible if I'm honest.
It might be "burn-in" damage to the display, if so, there are some apps in Playstore that can minimize burn in effects. It doesn't "fix" it, it just blends it in so that it isn't as noticeable.

TheGiantHogweed

Nov 13, 2018
It might be "burn-in" damage to the display, if so, there are some apps in Playstore that can minimize burn in effects. It doesn't "fix" it, it just blends it in so that it isn't as noticeable.
Thanks for this advice. I will look into it. I feel like this should be something covered by warranty, but based on the fact I've had 2 different model samsung 8 inch tablets both develop the same fault, if they repair it, I am sure it will occur again. It's like they haven't developed them properly. I can have my Lenovo Tab 4 8 plus static on the same screen for hours and it hasn't had any issues and I've had that for over 5 years. worrying that samsung has started to have this issue on both of mine within a few weeks / months.

Top Liked Posts